Deleted

better prossecor?

hey guys im just wondering which prossecor is better for playing world of warcraft.

AMD Athlon II X4 635 AM3 or the AMD Phenom II X2 550 AM3 ?

Talking

I'll take the first one, four prosecco are always better than 2. SCNR :-)

Deleted
    Id say that the Athlon II is a better Processor than the Phenom 2 dual core for WOW. But for other games the Phenom II 550 beats the Athlon II 635.

AMD Phenom II X2 550 AM3 is better of the two for all games, especially WoW.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Applications that use only 2 cores will be slower on Athlon II 635. But the Athlon II 635 will crush every dual core in applications that can use more then 2 cores.
    I would pick a quad core over a dual core every time, regardless of the fact that it's slower in games.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I would pick a quad core over a dual core every time, regardless of the fact that it's slower in games.
    This is WoW forum, and most people here are interested in what's best for running WoW. Phenom x2 is lot better for games and WoW.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I would go with the Phenom series card.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Deleted
    Save up for a X4 955, alot better preformance than both CPUs for like 30-, more

the phenom by alot.

Best bet is to get a board that will let you unlock cores and see if one or both of the locked cores are good.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snotcore View Post
    Save up for a X4 955, alot better preformance than both CPUs for like 30-, more
    I would agree with this statement the most. If, for some reason, that's not an option, then the Phenom II will make the Athlon II its bitch every day of the week (and twice on Sunday), regardless of core count.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Phenom II will make the Athlon II its bitch every day of the week (and twice on Sunday), regardless of core count.
    That's not true for video encoding, rendering or ANYTHING that can fully use 4 cores.
    Athlon II X4 635 is faster then Phenom II X2 555. It might be slower in games, but that's problem with the games, not with the CPU. It doesn't make the CPU slower.
    Of course Phenom II X4 955 is better then both of them.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-31 at 01:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    That's not true for video encoding, rendering or ANYTHING that can fully use 4 cores.
    Athlon II X4 635 is faster then Phenom II X2 555. It might be slower in games, but that's problem with the games, not with the CPU. It doesn't make the CPU slower.
    Of course Phenom II X4 will be better then both of them.
    I apologize for assuming that gaming might be the primary concern of someone posting on a gaming forum. You are correct, though, that the Athlon II quad core would beat the Phenom II dual core in video encoding.

The Phenom II beats the Athlon II in games mostly because of its superior architecture. That's not a problem with the games; that's a problem with old technology being bad compared to new technology.

Posts like yours can be misunderstood by a lot of people. I just want everything to be accurate. Athlon II x4 635 is faster in everything that can fully utilize 4 cores and more. The most games can't. Because of that and the L3 cache, the Phenom II x2 555 is better for gaming. But it has less processing power then the Athlon II x2 635.
    Unless you unlock the other 2 cores, but then it's not a Phenom II X2 555 anymore.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-08-31 at 01:40 PM.

Original question was:
    hey guys im just wondering which prossecor is better for playing world of warcraft.

And my reply (post #4):
    AMD Phenom II X2 550 AM3 is better of the two for all games, especially WoW.

It's very simple answer to very simple question.

Everything else is just arguing semantics and ignoring the OP's needs. This forum is dedicated to one specific video game and if people ask hardware questions I will always answer those from WoW's perspective if nothing else is specified. And this time the question was explicit. Talking about multitasking or video encoding is ignoring the original posting.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-08-31 at 02:01 PM.
    Trolling should be.