Thread: Heirloom

Heirloom

Hey MMO-Champion. I've a question for you. Can a hunter at level 10 use mail heirloom armor, or dosn't it work before you train too use mail?
    Thank you!

Yes, you can use the mail heirloom gear (deathdealer's breastplate is the piece in question I believe), because all heirloom armor's TYPE actually scales. Under level 40 the plate gear becomes mail, and the mail gear becomes leather. So when you hit level 40 and train mail, it becomes mail again.

exactly, get what the best armor type you can get at 80, it will scale down

Deleted
    I see way too many plate wearers wearing the mail heirlooms and mail wearers wearing the leather heirlooms...

I know under some circumstances, it might actually be a DPS increase to do so, but most of the time you just know the person didn't realise they change when you upgrade to mail/plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    I see way too many plate wearers wearing the mail heirlooms and mail wearers wearing the leather heirlooms...

I know under some circumstances, it might actually be a DPS increase to do so, but most of the time you just know the person didn't realise they change when you upgrade to mail/plate.
    while this is true it's probably better to buy the type of armor you can wear under 40 because lets use leather for example, hunter, enhance shaman, feral druid, and rogue can use it, but if you bought the mail, that cuts it in half so only 2 classes can wear instead of 4.

i would only buy plate for a tanking class like dk/pal/war since armor actually matters.
    Last edited by bcl0328; 2010-09-01 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
    while this is true it's probably better to buy the type of armor you can wear under 40 because lets use leather for example, hunter, enhance shaman, feral druid, and rogue can use it, but if you bought the mail, that cuts it in half so only 2 classes can wear instead of 4.

i would only buy plate for a tanking class like dk/pal/war since armor actually matters.
    This, plus in my case it was simple misinformation. Like the op, I wondered if I got the plate heirloom for my warrior if I were to be able to use it before 40, and unlike the op I had asked trade. I got a few 'yes' remarks, but mostly 'no, nub l2p' remarks. Because of trade chat (Always informative) I had chosen to get the mail because I wanted to use it before 40.

Unfortunately I learned later that it does downgrade. It was a wasted 40 badges. (I already had an 80 hunter and shaman. >.>)

10+ Year Old Account
    some times you use other heirloom because you already have it

i have the chest and shoulders cloth items and now that all my clothies are close or at 80 i am letting my druid use it is not as good as the leather caster ones but better than nothing

so maybe thats why you see plate weares whit mail or mail whit leather maybe they already had the item handy