Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    I'm just wondering who the OP is trying to get his point across to?
    Oh I just like a good argument and got tired of reading how Cat was going to fix all of our itemization woes and we'd never touch anything with agility on it ever again.

@Sic, not really taking it out of proportion, but I feel if you have a point to be made you better be prepared to defend it.

Also I could use weapons from Vanilla, which would be closer to what we may be dealing with in Cat - think of weapons like the Askandi and many of the other weapons that caused the "hunter loot" stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Oh I just like a good argument and got tired of reading how Cat was going to fix all of our itemization woes and we'd never touch anything with agility on it ever again.

@Sic, not really taking it out of proportion, but I feel if you have a point to be made you better be prepared to defend it.

Also I could use weapons from Vanilla, which would be closer to what we may be dealing with in Cat - think of weapons like the Askandi and many of the other weapons that caused the "hunter loot" stereotype.
    Your point is that in some circumstantial situations we'll be using AGI weapons and trying to argue against blizzard saying that we won't focus on them at all, which isn't what they said. They said we'll be focusing on using STR weapons and they'll be more valued to us than AGI ones will be. Everyone here pretty much knows this already and so you're not really arguing against anyone on it.

Honestly it sounds like the OP is trying to prepare an argument for somewhere down the line, when an AGI wep will drop that will be a minor upgrade for him, better upgrade for an AGI class, and he will want to roll on it. Kinda like a pre emptive strike or testing the argument here before he tries to use it in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Your point is that in some circumstantial situations we'll be using AGI weapons and trying to argue against blizzard saying that we won't focus on them at all, which isn't what they said. They said we'll be focusing on using STR weapons and they'll be more valued to us than AGI ones will be. Everyone here pretty much knows this already and so you're not really arguing against anyone on it.
    No, my argument is that the community has taken Blizzard saying that they'll be making strength dps weapons to mean that they'll never have to worry about a weapon when itemized with agility. Whereas my view is that this isn't true, Blizzard is very sneaky with their itemization and wants us to think about what is an upgrade, what makes it an upgrade and often throws out items that are fun and interesting but cause huge fights among their populace.

My argument is to stop thinking we'll only be going for strength weapons and start thinking about what really makes a weapon an upgrade or not.

@Tinian, actually I'm not even sure I'll be picking up Cat. It looks interesting and fun and I know that from 1-60 and 80-85 I wouldn't be too bored, but after several rounds of alts the whole outland and northrend thing is boring as hell to me currently and won't really be getting any better. 20 levels of same ol' shit to get to new ol' shit has me a bit apathetic about the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    No, my argument is that the community has taken Blizzard saying that they'll be making strength dps weapons to mean that they'll never have to worry about a weapon when itemized with agility. Whereas my view is that this isn't true, Blizzard is very sneaky with their itemization and wants us to think about what is an upgrade, what makes it an upgrade and often throws out items that are fun and interesting but cause huge fights among their populace.

My argument is to stop thinking we'll only be going for strength weapons and start thinking about what really makes a weapon an upgrade or not.

@Tinian, actually I'm not even sure I'll be picking up Cat. It looks interesting and fun and I know that from 1-60 and 80-85 I wouldn't be too bored, but after several rounds of alts the whole outland and northrend thing is boring as hell to me currently and won't really be getting any better. 20 levels of same ol' shit to get to new ol' shit has me a bit apathetic about the whole expansion.
    And for the most part they won't, I'll say it again since it seems to get lost blizzard is going to make multiple weapons. Especially with things more clearly defined and simplified they will make equivalently powerful slow str weapons, slow agi weapons, and fast agi weapons. Its as simple as that if you take an agi weapon you will only be doing so for the few bosses or even simply for the few raid weeks it takes till the better one drops. I highly doubt it will come to a situation where the best weapon a warrior can get in any given teir, including the separation between hardmode and normal is going to be an agi weapon. Without the ap, and the arp that agi weapons often had there is just not going to be a reason especially not with such well defined class lines around which blizzard can design. While yes as your gearing if nobody else wants one and the ilvl difference is high enough you could pick up a slow agi weapon and not be a complete fool, there is just no reason its going to be necessary in a raid setting.

As far as using wotlk and bc leveling as an argument not to buy cata I gotta say that seems weak to me but thats your opinion and you are absolutely entitled to it.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

just to add to the reforging. You can only reforge a secondary stat. intel strength agil and i even think stam are primary stats so u can change them, things like hit crit and haste u can.

why is he talking about bears and cats anyways in a warrior forum?

anyways, str>agi for warriors, another reason for this is: we get 5% more str for using all plate. so 1 str = 1.05 str = 2.10 AP