Thread: Fun buff class?

Fun buff class?

Would it be possible to get a buff class to work in WoW? I don't mean something like vanilla paladins where you buff everyone and then sit out, I mean something where you were actively managing buffs on individuals the entire battle. Kind of like giving cooldowns to other classes, but it would be partially dependent on who you "buff" so it would require some coordination.

Besides boring spells that you would just make sure is on the best players, there could be a spell that would do something special in the spirit of the class you put it on. An example I thought of was maybe casting it on a hunter let them do a volley kind of thing on a spot of their choice, which would be a hunter themed attack but also have a magical kind of quality brought by the Buffer.

It would take a lot of coordination and probably wouldn't be very effective in a pug, and I guess it doesn't really fit in with what Bliz is trying to do in Cata since it would probably be a class every raid would need, but would it be fun?
    So is it a good idea, something that could work if done a bit different, or just stupid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats nearly as stupid as a Class that sits around and heals! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't that be a Bard? And that would make them OP to the point of them getting free raid spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling a character like that would be hell. It might be fun, but casting stuff to make others shine isn't as fun as shining yourself. So i wouldn't play a class like that.

Yeah I was thinking it would be a hero class which would take out some of the leveling pains, but they would need some kind of combat system I guess. What could other specs be that go along with this? And I was thinking bard but I can't think of any bard like lore in WoW. Maybe some kind of Runemaster? Idk not too familiar with Runemaster lore.

---------- Post added 2010-08-30 at 04:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baganzai View Post
    Leveling a character like that would be hell. It might be fun, but casting stuff to make others shine isn't as fun as shining yourself. So i wouldn't play a class like that.
    Yeah I'm a healer so it probably appeals more to me than you =P
    As long as I know that that awesome DPS you did was because of me I'd be fine.

---------- Post added 2010-08-30 at 04:48 PM ----------

They'd be a pretty hard class to do properly and that, combined with the fact that the majority of WoW players prefer to actually be doing the damage, would probably limit the amount of people playing it so having a guaranteed spot might not be too much of a problem. But it does go against Blizzards bring the player stance.
    Another option would be to make my class idea only one spec of a class and make it pretty complicated so you only wanted to use it with your guildies that you trust not to be bad and you know the buffer knows what they're doing.