Deleted

Why are necklaces, trinkets and rings invisible?

This has always been bothering me... It cant be that hard to design some simple jewelery can it ? I know that the armor "covers" them but WHY?

Unnecessary work on the developers behalf, imo. Well, they think they have better things to spend time on.

Deleted
    They don't want wow be a bling bling....

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    because blizz doesnt want players running round looking Flava Flav with all their bling.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

10+ Year Old Account
    ehh i don't know i wouldn't mind running around with a giant gold clock around my neck

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about rings and trinkets, but sigils and librams should be shown on the belt. (Those are both books for the unaware)

you know how wow graphics are? i can imagine how rings will look and i prefer to think they are under my gloves. Necklaces could look better and trinkets... well... tell me where do you exactly wear a unidentifiable organ? some of them could look really good in some armors, and some of them maybe not so cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rings are under my gloves, Necklaces are under my chest armor

Offtopic;
    BM-Hunter. I always notice your signiture and iv'e been trying to understand it for days but I just don't get it. :P
    Last edited by Shokzman; 2010-08-31 at 12:09 AM.

With WoW's dated character models, I'd think any aesthetic work going into those item types would either be gone completely unnoticed by the general player-base or end up looking like mushy pixel blocks.
    Day Man! (Aah-aah-aah!)
    Fighter of the Night Man! (Aah-aah-aah!)
    Champion of the sun... (Aah-aah-aah!)
    You're a Master of karate and friendship for everyone!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that legendary neck that one guy got in BWL, which Blizzard implemented accidentally actually gives you a lightning shield animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I don't know about rings and trinkets, but sigils and librams should be shown on the belt. (Those are both books for the unaware)
    i thought sigils where little charms with runic inscriptions on them . _.;
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that legendary neck that one guy got in BWL, which Blizzard implemented accidentally actually gives you a lightning shield animation.
    Yes it does.

But on topic, OP do you understand the implications of what you are opting?

What is going to happen is that for every single piece of gloves/chest we will need versions of it incorporating all the ringtypes that will be implemented. So instead of 1 mesh for one glove, we will need 1000 of the same glove with other types of rings.

That's one area I do agree on. Librams especially because they're a defining characteristic of paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiGadi View Post
    i thought sigils where little charms with runic inscriptions on them . _.;
    yup, but the icons deem otherwise. ("Holy book" for palas, sticks for druids, totems for shaman, weapon for dk)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    This is true but its untamable no more...
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    i concur, shaman totems (relic/gear) should also give certain effects to their totems when in use, nothing fancy, but maybe extra designs or something else on the totems (ex. more horns on the tauren totem)

i also dont understand BM-Hunters sig:

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/a...88/pooop-1.jpg

i understand the naruto/jiraiya thing and the ike/capt falcon thing a lot less, but whats up with the 3rd one???
    Last edited by Rainec; 2010-08-31 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

15+ Year Old Account
    For the same reason the Simpsons only have four fingers. It saves time and money, and time is money = money squared @.@ madness...takes its toll...

Because they drop off Arthas?