Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Varian is being set up to die the second Anduin gets an adult model imo, give it 1-2 more expansions, and then maybe Blizzard can play around with his rationality from the comics being shaken from unsuccessful ventures for diplomacy with the new war-oriented horde. I also full heartedly believe that Sylvanas is getting replaced by Lilian Voss, solely on the premises that Sylvy was proven vulnerable in the Silverpine quest chain in cataclysm, and that Lilian is an shadow ascendant, which is like a top tier Forsaken, which fits the niche's that all the other current faction leaders sit in. Varian is a super 2man strengthed human warrior, the same could be spoken of Garrosh, Tauren's are rockin Bloodhoof with his dual totem chieftan goodness, arch druids for the Nelfs, etc, etc. The only one who doesn't really fit the bill is Sylvy, who is in a sort of honor position for stepping up to get the forsaken a place to live, and she is totally startin to be mega douchey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine it like this you take cake, icecream, candy, pizza, apple pie, and soda then mix them all together in a blender. You love all that stuff but when its put together you would rather stab yourself with a rusty fork than touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    I enjoy Spiderman, but not Superman.
    I feel this speaks volumes about me. As well as the subject at hand.
    Batman all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Horde lovers hate his impurities, and Alliance lovers hate his superiority.

No I'm joking. He's just some comic book schmuck to me.

He's probably going to save the world the same way Tirion killed the Lich King, after we went through 600 raid wide mountain dews to get heroic Sargeras down to 10%, he finds his trinket button and slaps him once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    He is a guardian who is about 15 years old, who is a Paladin-Mage-Shaman Hybrid. Obvious impossibilities aside, I find it funny that Blizzard actually allowed this Mary-Sue to be created. The multi-race thing I can understand, but when you mash together three of the most potent magic using classes into one person, you make someone who makes Rhonin look like a fucking wolf from Northshire abbey.
    Wait.
    Don't Shamans ASK the elements for their blessings.
    Mages do what they wish without the permission of the element.
    And paladins believe that all mages will go to "Hell"
    Give me the news.

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post

Batman all the way.
    Hell yeah, Batman! ...But then again Deadpool.

Also without sidetracking the thread too much, I agree with the Lilian Voss replacing Syl thing. Even stated it in the first thread about her in the Cataclysm forums on WoW. I just see it as, Lich King is dead... Syl character, and almost the entire Forsaken, were based on this drive for revenge against the Lich King and being forced into Undeath. In the words of Illidan, "The hunter is nothing without the prey." So she falls into this hypocritical state of forcing undeath and we get this new gal that seems to be a Syl 2.0. Who has a burning hatred against the Scarlet Crusade, something all Forsaken have in common. Put her in charge and the revenge goal driven machine that was the Forsaken would start again by going after what remained of the Scarlets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimesReaper85 View Post
    Wait.
    He doesn't actually believe any of the stuff they teach him, he just uses his mary sue powers to make the elements/light/arcane obey him.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 02:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShaggy View Post
    Hell yeah, Batman! ...But then again Deadpool.

Also without sidetracking the thread too much, I agree with the Lilian Voss replacing Syl thing. Even stated it in the first thread about her in the Cataclysm forums on WoW. I just see it as, Lich King is dead... Syl character, and almost the entire Forsaken, were based on this drive for revenge against the Lich King and being forced into Undeath. In the words of Illidan, "The hunter is nothing without the prey." So she falls into this hypocritical state of forcing undeath and we get this new gal that seems to be a Syl 2.0. Who has a burning hatred against the Scarlet Crusade, something all Forsaken have in common. Put her in charge and the revenge goal driven machine that was the Forsaken would start again by going after what remained of the Scarlets.
    The Scarlet Crusade end up all being killed and raised by that guy in strat though. But I can imagine it now, a whole army of forsaken marching to there and then finding out some guy already beat them to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimesReaper85 View Post
    Wait.
    I too thought this was contradicting one another. I don't see the elements being fine with his praising of the light over them, or equal for that matter. In all of the books Shamans had to dedicate their lives to the elements for them just to throw a bone their way once in awhile.

Magi take years to learn their spells.

Paladins take years of devotion and training to wield the light the way they do. Though as we saw with Tirion it's a "mind over matter" sort of thing when it comes to wielding Holy Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarosaris View Post
    If you feel these are bad premises for a story (OTHER than a Mary Sue hipster reason, GJ learning that term) see a good interpretation of a 'similar' situation by Raymond Feist in the books Magician: Apprentice, Master, Silverthorn.
    actually that isn't like Medan. pug couldn't cast the lesser school of magic and could only cast the higher. he only managed to grasp the higher school when he was sent to Kelewan and taken into the academy for training. but any way amazing book

Oh also I hate the fact that the butchered Medivah to make this character. Like someone else said he was one of my last favourite remaining characters left in lore.
    Last edited by lukehop1; 2010-08-31 at 03:04 AM.

I too thought this was contradicting one another. I don't see the elements being fine with his praising of the light over them, or equal for that matter. In all of the books Shamans had to dedicate their lives to the elements for them just to throw a bone their way once in awhile.

Magi take years to learn their spells.

Paladins take years of devotion and training to wield the light the way they do. Though as we saw with Tirion it's a "mind over matter" sort of thing when it comes to wielding Holy Light.
    But dude, hes the chosen one...

wait, did they actually say he was the "Chosen One" or that there was a prophecy? I hate when they mention the prophecy or the fact that there was a need for a choosing of one, when the character and his super powers are introduced. Atleast with the Matrix they were about the prophecy before neo was even there.

it's because he is an orc

I have high hopes for Med'an actually. I can see him coming out as another plot tool to just forward the story. What's a common writing device when they create a character that is the ultimate good? Turning them into ultimate evil. Anakin Skywalker, the supposed savior of the Jedi instead because their greatest bane.
    As irritating as Anakin was in those films, Blizzard might have a chance to pull something like this off providing they don't at any point have him say 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo'.

But realistically, he's a sucky character to a lot of us and the ones that like that kind of stuff will think everything he does is cool, while the rest of us will be bored because he couldn't have failed in the first place. If he turns evil we'll just be glad that we finally get to beat him up.

Richard Knaak
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

If we are all in agreement that he should pull an Anakin, we need to fill out the rest of the roles in the movie. We need at least: Dark mentor, girl he knocks up, betrayed mentor who leaves him to die, Yoda, and Samuel L Jackson.

I'm leaning towards Thrall for Yoda, and Garrosh for Samuel L Jackson.
    Is the answer to the Question...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garam View Post
    Because he's a Mary Sue. And Mary Sues in canon are horrid.

Also, http://trololololololololololo.com/
    thrall