Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhard View Post
    If found wolfs of level 70 and 71. Think there were some of lvl 72, too, though I am not sure about that now. I'll take a look When the servers come up.
    ty .

Quote Originally Posted by flyhard View Post
    Has anyone yet found out if the Wolf is still able to keep the buff after 4.0.1? And if he is still obtainable?

I tried to tame it yesterday, just before the downtime, on my 69 Hunter, but failed because I couldn't find any wolf below lvl 70. I still would like to try...

I don;t know if you still can get them but mine still kept its' oil coat.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I was pissed Death Knights were losing Ghoul Explode, but Wolf Explode sounds like a lot more fun!
    Survival Hunter, here I come!
    Quote Originally Posted by PalliePower View Post
    Hypothetically, if I had a lock, it's name would be Benafflock and I'd pay for my imp to be named Mattdemon

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i cant seem to get it. been at it for 2hrs i have 0.00% haste and im lv 71. my tame has 10secs and my ice trap has 19secs. and i always manage to tame the wold just as it is comming out of the ice trap. and i start tame at 9/8secs

You got to get it right as it despawns

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord-Kromgar View Post
    You got to get it right as it despawns
    im trying but if i leave the trap for 5sec left and tame it despawns half way through. if i tame it before 7 secs left on trap it tames before its free.

.:edit:.
    i think im just gonna give up on this. seems way to difficualt and too much effort just for a pet that may or may not get fixed/removed in the future
    Last edited by Wipeout; 2010-10-14 at 12:16 AM.

well why not 6seconds? Also haste does not affect tame beast

Deleted
    Got mine like 5mins before 4.0.1 patch lol, but if ur trying to get it i would go with instint not set times based on haste gear suggestions. As there are quite a few variables like distance between wolf and trap and allsorts, what i did was do it once, then watch how close it was to despawning and taming. Took me about 10 or so mins. Good luck.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well why not 6seconds? Also haste does not affect tame beast
    tryed that still doesnt work. some how no matter how many secs is left on the trap im always taming it before it gets unfrozen

well your distance may be a problem

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well your distance may be a problem
    lol im a noob. i just tried to do it again and i got a msg saying i have too many pets. to i checked my call pets tab and seen i had 2 wolfs. to i called them thinking they were just normal wolfs. but after i summoned them both they were covered in oil

yes i had to call it BP. because thats just a awsome name for that pet xD
    Last edited by Wipeout; 2010-10-14 at 01:03 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it yesterday a couple of times, and couldn't get it to work. If I started the tame at about 8-9 sec left on the trap, I'd get a normal wolf, if I started before or after, it would despawn after 2-3 secs into the tame... but since it was patch day, and the streaming client was still downloading, I am blaming it on that. Found only wolfs of level 70 and 71.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it not even five minutes ago. Fifteen tries with a friend on an Alliance alt. I've been taking off bits of armor with haste on it, but the tame beast channel time doesn't seem to be affected. In each case, it's not taking nearly long enough to end by the time the wolf despawns.

Dunno if its a bug or I am doing something wrong here .... but every time i try to call my oil wolf, he won't be summoned. I have no pets out and I've tried to put him in the stable and pull him out again. Still no go. Anyone else experience this problem ? I can't even get rid of him from my stable slot cause I can't summon him to get rid of him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignore my previous post. I got him! Finally. He is indeed tamable despite the patch. I named him Inkpaw. :3

Deleted
    It worked! Almost 40 tries, you guys can forget about the trap tho, does not work anymore if you use trap.
    Now I will tame my second one and put in my stable!

http : // img689 . imageshack . us/img689/2033/wow 2010101505241368 . png
    Last edited by mmoc8b1a3c12d7; 2010-10-15 at 03:49 AM.

I can't figure out how to do this with this new patch... can anyone give me some tips.. I helped someone else get it a while ago which is why I found it out.. I've tried the 8 secs on trap and I'm trying it with no trap as ZH66 said... how did you do it without a trap? haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbooger View Post
    I can't figure out how to do this with this new patch... can anyone give me some tips.. I helped someone else get it a while ago which is why I found it out.. I've tried the 8 secs on trap and I'm trying it with no trap as ZH66 said... how did you do it without a trap? haha
    My tame kept ending way to early, so I ended up having to start taming the wolf at about 1 second on the frost trap, then I waited until the tame was about 1/3 complete, then I restarted my tame to make it end when I needed it to. Took about 15 tries, and a lot of time mechanic tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbooger View Post
    I got it with a couple tries I found a way to do it off petopia that is pretty easy to do. I guess you don't need the trap anymore so that is awesome! Here is the link to the site and how this person did it for anyone else that is trying to get it.. I think it took me about 3 tries to get it right and I let the wolf attack me then threw the food and waited about 1 second till I tamed or you can try taming automatically after you throw the food at it.. Good Luck to whoever is trying to get it

Can't post a link yet since I'm new ha well you can probably look it up on the petopia forums if you search for oil stained wolf it's a topic called Still Works + Critter Aggro

more than likely he'll either get reskined by blizz or just become taimable. regardless, a niffty trick.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin