Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftfeet View Post
    Damn wish I could do this but I'm horde. I got a worgen when all that started and that was really fun trying to figure out how to tame it, I just wonder if there's any other method to tame this guy and keep its skin.
    Sorry that I gave the impression that Horde CAN'T get it. You can you just need an alliance person to throw the meat. What I suggest is that you both stand together, and you throw your freezing arrow half way between the wolf and yourselves and then your alliance friend throws the meat. The wolf will turn nuetral and run into the trap just like in the vid. Good luck!

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 05:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinkavyn View Post
    Mikena, I notice that yours doesn't have the black oil falling effect coming off the wolf. Is that just because of your graphics settings? I'm under the impression from the video that it should always have the effect.
    P.S. Wish I was alliance
    It will drip, it just doesn't drip nonstop. Also it's easier to see the oil dripping if you have the wolf targeted.

WoW Vlogs and Cooking Videos on YouTube. Click Below!
    http://www.youtube.com/Zeilla8

Anyone know if this is still achievable for some hunter that isn't lvl 80
    ... What?

Quote Originally Posted by bishe View Post
    Anyone know if this is still achievable for some hunter that isn't lvl 80
    You don't need to be 80, just high enough level to tame him.

Wow... where did half the posts go?
    Yay moderator!

WTB Alliance friend

Here's a screeny with a hordie I just helped get the wolf. So see, all you Hordies out there can have the oily wolf too if you want.

just ask around on your realm if anyone has an alliance that diudnt do all the quests in borean thundra.

money usualy help "motivate" people to help you, im a troll hunter and i got it today, still training him, gonna /gloat next raid XD

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    Actually, Netram is right. His post, as well as mine stating how it's an exploit, were deleted. IMAGINE THAT. Might as well change the website name to MMO-Communist.
    actualy is IS an exploit, but its a minor one so blizzard isnt all like "OMG WE GOTTA FIX THIS"

maybe in a few patch theres gonna be a:" the oil stained wolves in borean thundra are no longer tamable" but people arnt gonna lose their pets, unlike the worgen, which was next expantion's race, it would have been like having a pet night elf lol

Thank you, Zeilla8

BadRomance and I are gonna pollute Sholozar with oil and bad pop music, to level her up :>

Quote Originally Posted by Creed86 View Post
    Never quite understood people playing humans. Isn't the point of a fantasy game to be something else not something you are irl, then again you dont exactly encounter dragons irl either unless you count my sister.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this!

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to tamed it and chugged potions, eat haste food, haste elixir, used haste trinket but still my tame is not quick enough

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I tried to tamed it and chugged potions, eat haste food, haste elixir, used haste trinket but still my tame is not quick enough
    It dont depends on your haste if you can or not, Zeilla sits at 128 haste, so she starts when there is 6-7 sec left of the frost trap.

I (the other hunter on the pic) is at 68 haste, so i had to start when it is at 8-9 sec.

On her vid she does it in 2. attempt, but she told me its the 3. or 4. wolf she tamed succesfull, i used 20 or 30 attempts b4 i succed'ed (with her help)
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

Quote Originally Posted by Zeilla8 View Post
    So we've all seen the oil stained wolf out in Borean Tundra, and probably a lot of us tried to tame the wolves as well only to end up with a normal grey looking worg. Well the trick is out, it can be done, here is a guide on how to tame the oil stained wolf so that it keeps it's oil slicked coating!

am I the only one who think Zeilla is hot? lol
    MY BETA INVITE IS OVER 9,000!

PB is a great name ...but I would have called him gulfcoast... :-D ...great vid

The name made me rofl. Genius.

15+ Year Old Account
    i saw one in dala yesterday and was like "wtf?!" i'd tried to tame one when my hunter was 72ish but saw it turned grey so just forgot about it, and now i know. pet taming tricks are always awesome.

inb4 nerf.

I imidietly went online to find check if I had done that quest allready when I read this post xD unfortunetly I had, but had a friend that could help me so with about 10-20 attempts I got him

btw. you mention in your video that your friend has 0 haste "cuz he has doesn't have that good gear" - I just wanted to note that a good geared hunter should aim for 0 haste

on another note; I started my tame at about 6-8 sec or something(0 haste). you have to time it perfectly cuz I tried like at allmost the exact same time like 7 times before I hit the sweetspot actually when I had my succesfull I didn't think I had cuz I thought he had despawned before the tame had finished but turned out he was pich black when I summoned the pet to abondon it

Quote Originally Posted by dracco4heads View Post
    It dont depends on your haste if you can or not, Zeilla sits at 128 haste, so she starts when there is 6-7 sec left of the frost trap.

I (the other hunter on the pic) is at 68 haste, so i had to start when it is at 8-9 sec.

On her vid she does it in 2. attempt, but she told me its the 3. or 4. wolf she tamed succesfull, i used 20 or 30 attempts b4 i succed'ed (with her help)
    Actually I start my tame at about 8.5 seconds. I think we had yours working at 9.5s or so? Anyways, yes it took me quite a few trys to get mine, but once you have it down, it's easy to go get another one. (Mine lost his coat in Arena so I needed to go grab another one. )

10+ Year Old Account
    Good work, might need to do this on my hunter later

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You had better not bother doing this if you are Survival.

Explosive Shot + Oil Covered Wolf == Pet running around in a blaze going YIP YIP AIEE AIEE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    You had better not bother doing this if you are Survival.

Explosive Shot + Oil Covered Wolf == Pet running around in a blaze going YIP YIP AIEE AIEE!!!
    HAHAHAHAHA, oh man the tears from laughing so hard. Hilarious!