View Poll Results: Who Emerges Victorious in a Fight to the Death?

Voters
1875. This poll is closed
  • Arthas

859 45.81%
  • Grom

1,016 54.19%
Page 1 of 54
... LastLast

Battle of the Badasses (Bracket Finals): Arthas Menethil vs. Grom Hellscream

Name - Arthas Menethil

Species - Human Death Knight

Title - Champion of the Lich King

Weapon of Choice - Frostmourne

Circle of Blood - Blade's Edge Mountains

Name - Grom Hellscream

Species - Orc

Title - Redeemer of the Orcs

Weapon of Choice - Gorehowl

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Oh man, we need to know specifically when and what abilities Arthas and Grom has if we want a fair fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

What a match up... :O

Shit's about to go down.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Oh man, we need to know specifically when and what abilities Arthas and Grom has if we want a fair fight
    I agree. They've both had such vastly varying levels of raw power over the course of their existences.

Arthas FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Arthas was cool and all. He commanded an army full of undead. I've never played horde.

So i vote Grom.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

People seem to forget Frostmourne is pretty much a 1 hit KO if it makes contact :P
    Hell in ICC he can suck souls from a decent range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    FIght well Grom!
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

Gonna have to go with Arthas. They're both empowered by demons but...

Even Grom is hindered by the limits of mortality.

this was tough for me. I like them both, but i put my vote under Arthas, no single blade can defeat the lich king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hellscream. Frostmourne can't kill someone when Arthas' eardrums are ruptured followed quickly by BLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDEEEEEEEESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!!!!!!!
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Voted arthas. I mean that sword steals souls man :P

Ah man... Two of the most badass characters in Warcraft. How can I choose?

Need to remember it's not Arthas the Lich King, it's just Champion of the Scourge. Grom should slaughter Arthas.

frostmourne kills what it touches

grom trows his gorehowl and gorehowl kills everything what it touches

arthas never throws frostmourne

easy grom winz

Arrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaasssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely the toughest so far imo. Arthas, while having his soul sucking blade, vs Grom and the legendary Gorehowl. Keep in mind for future posters that even though this is Arthas the death knight, don't count his legion of undead soldiers as it would imbalance greatly unless you want to count Grom's Warsong clan coming into battle with him as well.

Have to give my edge to Hellscream though as long as this is Hellscream hopped up on demon blood. He was just bloody brutal and a much more experienced warrior. Arthas may have Frostmourne but don't discount the brutality of Hellscream and his extensive combat experience and expertise that surpasses Arthas. Most of Arthas's life as a paladin he was in training or an understudy until close to the very end when he commanded a unit, and as a death knight, he had a legion of undead to do his work.

Besides, in a real fight, it would come down to who connects with the first shot. Both use a 2-handed edge weapon so it would come dwn to who has the most expertise with said weapon which would go to Grom.

Grom has more battle experience. Arthas just gets everyone to do things for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kassieds View Post
    need to remember it's not arthas the lich king, it's just champion of the scourge. Grom should slaughter arthas.
    qft.

Quote Originally Posted by cyceron View Post
    frostmourne kills what it touches

grom trows his gorehowl and gorehowl kills everything what it touches

arthas never throws frostmourne

easy grom winz
    Arthas never throws Frostmourne ?

Illidan would like to have a word with u (also Grom never throwed Gorehowl)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grom is a Blademaster guys.... HE is a master of arms!!! But seriously, that axe + orcish rage + more battle experience = Dead wimpy Arthas