Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it really necessary for you to make the same thread over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, just with a different title each time? We get it, lol. You love Thrall, you hate Garrosh, you don't like how things are going. How nice for you. Maybe later we can put on our opinion hats and dress up in our opinion suits and go to the opinion plaza and have an opinion party and talk about our opinions. But I'm sure all this can do be done in one thread instead of dozens of threads with the same subject and same OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    Is it really necessary for you to make the same thread over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, just with a different title each time? We get it, lol. You love Thrall, you hate Garrosh, you don't like how things are going. How nice for you. Maybe later we can put on our opinion hats and dress up in our opinion suits and go to the opinion plaza and have an opinion party and talk about our opinions. But I'm sure all this can do be done in one thread instead of dozens of threads with the same subject and same OP.
    The truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    Did not the Spartans have their own rituals and elders who spoke to the spirits and ask for their blessings?

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 05:03 AM ----------

I talked about how direct Garrosh is and a good leader and compared Thrall to Obama...yeah your an idiot

Did I refer to you? It's ok. If you fight for the Horde, I'll determine your courage, strength and wisdom by your honour.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    thrall is a mary sue

garrosh is a developing character
    garrosh adds conflict
    thrall is jesus perfect and adds no actual conflict for he does no wrong and if any 1 goes against him they are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    thrall is a mary sue

garrosh is a developing character
    garrosh adds conflict
    thrall is jesus perfect and adds no actual conflict for he does no wrong and if any 1 goes against him they are wrong
    I agree, but your last point is more so the fault of his annoying fanboys.

Poor Orcs, every single day ther's a topic about them, and is NEVER good

"the two faces of the horde"

"the horde downfall"

"the horde is split"

"everyone against Garrosh"

"The forsaken will turn against the orcs"

just...leave them alone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    Poor Orcs, every single day ther's a topic about them, and is NEVER good

"the two faces of the horde"

"the horde downfall"

"the horde is split"

"everyone against Garrosh"

"The forsaken will turn against the orcs"

just...leave them alone
    Except every topic is made by the same person...dude has some serious nerdrage problems on Garrosh.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Except every topic is made by the same person...dude has some serious nerdrage problems on Garrosh.
    Wah I should've watched closely, "This war ruins the horde reclaimed honor" is here too... :|

It's not that Garrosh is a bad warchief, it's that he's a bad CHARACTER. Badly and hastily written, his traits and feelings changed constantly, and shoved down our throats, Garrosh is a very poorly implemented character.
    Garrosh Hellscream (Sketch).

Frostwyrm Deathwing

Deleted
    im not saying that garrosh is a bad warchief
    he's just wreckless and short-sided

Quote Originally Posted by Kagetsuya View Post
    It's not that Garrosh is a bad warchief, it's that he's a bad CHARACTER. Badly and hastily written, his traits and feelings changed constantly, and shoved down our throats, Garrosh is a very poorly implemented character.
    QFT.

Also, Garrosh is NOT leading the Horde back to the bloodthirsty days of the original Horde. Because of the Cataclysm, resources are at a minimum. Garrosh is acting to protect the Horde. While Thrall may have tried to negotiate a trade alliance for needed materials, Garrosh is being more direct.

The war being fought is about survival - it is not a WAAAAGH! - Let's go kill some Alliance! type of war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Orcs. Are. Warriors.

My Orc is a Warlock

With some fleshing out i think Garrosh will be sound as a pound as War Chief.

they're basically african vikings with a code of honor

10+ Year Old Account
    minority of orcs are like thrall

majority are like garrosh (cata garrosh, more honorable no child killings ect but still like war like most tribal societies)

the orcs have honorable shammy roots..... but this guy was named hellscream and this guy was named doomhammer and this guy was named (random warish name here) before the legion

plus plenty of wars with the ogres

and each other

like the humans (exept not with ogres) were at each others throats pre the alliance
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-08-31 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Jumpin Jimminy Krickets!
    There is war in azeroth!
    The Horde needs a leader who spams auto attack!
    not one who spends all his time trying to /hug the damn humans!

Why did it nerf my all capitals! Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
    Last edited by Panicswitch; 2010-08-31 at 09:09 PM. Reason: It nerfed me capitals!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring the Rain ! more hostility is win after all World of WARcraft. not World of Band together and kill the DRAGONcraft?>
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercrunchy View Post
    I thought this was going to be another "Garrosh and Sylvanas" thread, but no, its another "Garrosh is a bad warchief" thread
    Thanks, now I know not to read this thread

Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    african vikings
    This sounds fantastic on several levels.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoukthebloodelf View Post
    they're basically african vikings with a code of honor
    People often compare orcs to african cultures... but as someone who lives in africa I can say that it isn't really a good fit. Orcs are more like Spartan-Germanic-Samurai, there isn't really anything african about them other than Mag'har architecture. As opposed to the trolls... who have many connections to African culture. If any race in WoW represents Africa, it is the trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    Bring the Rain ! more hostility is win after all World of WARcraft. not World of Band together and kill the DRAGONcraft?>
    exactly

thrall couldnt stay warcheif its out of character for him to be dynamic at this point (he was in warcraft 3)

personally i hate mary sues but thralls advantage against the average mary sue is that he struggled (granted he was perfect from the start and made 0 mistakes ever) he has the hero, from zero to hero (plays music from disneys hercules)

this is his only advantage and possibly redeemable quality for my personally ( i personally perfer twists conflict and character flaws.... aka death note and code geass)

garrosh is developing and is no where near mary sue. he is simply a real orc. especially in cataclysm. in wotlk he learned from saurfang and before that he was depressed because of his father cursing his entire people...... NO 1 IS NOT EMO FROM THIS! ASK HITLERS FAMILY!

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 09:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    People often compare orcs to african cultures... but as someone who lives in africa I can say that it isn't really a good fit. Orcs are more like Spartan-Germanic-Samurai, there isn't really anything african about them other than Mag'har architecture. As opposed to the trolls... who have many connections to African culture. If any race in WoW represents Africa, it is the trolls.
    oh dear god that is perfect.

yes they are very very spartan based combined with some celtic spirituality
    aka vikings

btw trolls are very very african based. they have tribal cultures while maintaining some massive empires definetly mid ages africa with its 2 major empires of ganana(sp) and mali(sp)

lol historical fact only europe sucked in the mid ages
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2010-08-31 at 09:18 PM.