Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trial of Cruader 10/25

So guys, whenever im in TOC 10 / 25 and icehowl charges at me or someone near me, it will ALWAYS hit even if im pretty far our of the way, ive got about 80 MS latency yet it constantly hits me, i nearly screenshotted it yesterday, as the main tank he nailed me yet i was a good 10 ft out of range of him, is there like any way to avoid this happening?

i mean ive got quick reactions, but it hits me no matter how far away i am.

I think the fact that you "nearly screenshotted it" says enough about your reactions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try getting even farther away faster. And which direction do you run?
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    nah, when he hit me in the air and knocked me back i accidentally hit the screenshot button, hence the reason i said that.

well, yesterday when he did it, the guy who was getting charged at was to the left of me and i ran right, but he didnt get hit and it still hit me even though i was running the other way

Never heard of the problem. I think its you beeing slow

I'm hoping you meant Trial of the Grand Crusader, because you get a speed boost to get out of the way. I believe Deadly Boss Mods has an arrow that points you to THE BEST way to run out of Icehowl's direction.

stop trying to take screenshots when he's charging?

and is this on normal or heroic

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye ive got DBM but it just constantly seems to hit me even if i move the completely opposite way, yesterday i did have the speed boost, but it still nailed me when i was 10 ft away from him, im not sure if its lag or what

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't stop running until he's hit the wall (or you). You should be well over 10 feet away.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

are you still up against the wall ?

10+ Year Old Account
    the scenario yesterday was that i got knocked to the wall, ran instant right and got nailed, then some warr said "howd you get hit, you were miles away" and its always a similar story

only on my pally though, since i blink out of the way on my mage

Do you run right, or forward then right?

I see lots of people claim to be out of the way because the attack takes a few moments to actually register as have hitting you because you run right after running straight at him.

Look directly to the right or left of wherever he is going to (whichever is easiest) and run in that direction immediately. I've never been hit once, don't know how it is even possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I actually used to have this problem and he would hit me no matter where I was but only if I was the one being targeted for the charge. Same exact issue as you in that no matter where I was in the room he would simply hit me. Since the boss was easy, my guild would get a good laugh out of it whenever he chose me as his charge target.

Strangely, it simply stopped being an issue one day. Not sure what I did to make it stop, but I know what you are going through.

10+ Year Old Account
    i run completely right, i dont run forwards cause with my luck, running forwards gives me less time to run right and ill get hit

well yesterday i was main tanking so just before he got to me i hit the 50% reduced damage bubble so i didnt take that much, but its still a nightmare in a PUG when your showing yourself up

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    i run completely right, i dont run forwards cause with my luck, running forwards gives me less time to run right and ill get hit

well yesterday i was main tanking so just before he got to me i hit the 50% reduced damage bubble so i didnt take that much, but its still a nightmare in a PUG when your showing yourself up
    Combining it with Eldrea's post I would say perhaps something you are wearing is causing some sort of hitbox bug. Are you wearing any item with a particularly large effect aura or have a peculiar enchant that others do not have?

Also, ticket a GM to see if it is a small issue as they might have encountered it and if not and it is a bug/issue they should know about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

I've seen some amusing bugs with Icehowl charges, though nothing that 'happens every time.'

Though I did once see him actually CURVE his charge towards somebody who had used rocket boots to get out of the way. That was amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Combining it with Eldrea's post I would say perhaps something you are wearing is causing some sort of hitbox bug. Are you wearing any item with a particularly large effect aura or have a peculiar enchant that others do not have?
    never heard of anythign like that, but ive got royal shield of lordaeron and rimefangs claw, they are the biggest things on me, except my shoudlerplates of enduring order, +20 def on the shield and bladeward on the sword

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I've seen some amusing bugs with Icehowl charges, though nothing that 'happens every time.'

Though I did once see him actually CURVE his charge towards somebody who had used rocket boots to get out of the way. That was amusing.
    I'd like to see that, sounds amusing.

you do realize 10 ft isn't that far. i'm usually a good 40+ feet away from him by the time he hits the wall if he charges me. I guess you could just ask a paladin to BoP you.

Quote Originally Posted by mklovin View Post
    you do realize 10 ft isn't that far. i'm usually a good 40+ feet away from him by the time he hits the wall if he charges me. I guess you could just ask a paladin to BoP you.
    At least from my experience, he would still hit me even if I was 40+ feet away. That was the buggy/weird part about it.