Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkh View Post

U could learn to read better, but if we actually get a bubble thingy, Cloak of Skills is not a 6 seconds bubble for rogues??, and the Deflect thingy from hunters is not a 6 seconds bubble for them? And a warrior bladestorming is something we can stop??
    For crying out loud, if u havent play a warlock agaiinst those classes stop saying things, they will be invalid
    CoS has a 1,5 min cd.
    Deterrence has a 2 min cd.
    lolstorm has a 1,5 min cd.

Quote Originally Posted by macint View Post
    as if warlocks didn't have enough fears?
    QFT- And it's a "horror" meaning not broken by damage

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    i love how just about everybody is just shooting this guy down...he probably gave up on even checking for replies by now.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post

O and you can still hit rogues that are cloacked (rarely, but possible) and your dots will still tick on a hunter if you put them on before they Deterrance (Yay free KB)
    Actually from today's Rogue changes Cloak of Shadows now has a 200% chance... up from 90%. My first reaction, "Wat?" Wouldn't 100% be enough or is now going to reflect spells? I don't know.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperShaggy View Post
    Actually from today's Rogue changes Cloak of Shadows now has a 200% chance... up from 90%. My first reaction, "Wat?" Wouldn't 100% be enough or is now going to reflect spells? I don't know.
    While i did indeed read that its not going to make the rogue impossible to damage for casters.
    "We are not tools of the goverment or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I fought for what I believed in." -Gray Fox-

Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    While i did indeed read that its not going to make the rogue impossible to damage for casters.
    Just saying the "Dotting through Cloak" is not gonna happen anymore... hopefully.

This may sound stupid as I dont know that much about warlocks but, dont they already have like 2 fears? Why do they need more?

10+ Year Old Account
    i got my wish? :O yay permanent demon form with permanent immolation that burns the ground and causes blight as i move? :O

I don't understand what they were thinking with a 6 second horror anyway. From what I've seen most warlocks have asked for shadowlame to be useful without a glyph, that is all.

I wish they found the middle ground instead of flipping a coin between overpowered and useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperShaggy View Post
    No. CoS has been 100% since Alpha.
    Also spell penetration does indeed increase your chance to hit a CoS'd rogue. So they raised it to 200% to make any spells impossibile to hit since spell penetration stacks up to 100%.

Combopoints are irrelevant considering that openers could be done from stealth, with no opportunity for a counter, and the fact that unlike shadowflame, rogues CC's are physical effects, and therefore having less counters in terms of termporary immunities, and not being dispellable.
    Leaving the sole option for getting out of them being the trinket, which seemingly we have to save purely for that single purpose.
    Rogues are given the tools to pull off stunlocks reliably, while as stated we need to run into melee range, or at least hit someone in melee range to pull it off.
    Which is not an easy task with the current version.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sebleb View Post
    This is a horrible nerf.

With the shadowflame fear (THIS IS A 6 SECONDS HORROR EFFECT. 6 SECONDS.) Demo and Destro were doing fine in PvP, Affli was still struggling. I have no idea how they expect us to manage without compensating.
    Quit trolling, please. Within those seconds of HORROR (target stunned and CC not breaking) you could kill off two or three players, not just one.
    Shut up and quit posting, simply put.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the days when WOW wasn't so big that every tiny thing on an Alpha and Beta wasn't broadcast for all the doomsayers of the world to complain about.

I don't particularly have an issue with Warlocks having Fears, nor do I care one way or another if ShadowFlame causes a Fear. However, I am going to go with this thought process which is much more likely what Blizzard is thinking than something along the lines of "they whined so we caved";

Warlocks have a Fear spell already, why bake it into another ability that would just overshadow a spell that does the same.

This is pretty much the mindset that causes them to remove Volley from Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Looks like all those whining got their way.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Shadowflame no longer fears the targets.
    Pity, because that was a much needed melee peel.
    Anybody else smell Glyph of Shadowflame?
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    No. CoS has been 100% since Alpha.
    Also spell penetration does indeed increase your chance to hit a CoS'd rogue. So they raised it to 200% to make any spells impossibile to hit since spell penetration stacks up to 100%.
    I was speaking of WotLK, it's 90% currently.

But yeah, the initial QQ was when it was buffed back to 100% and the Devs explained, "We see the error in making it 90, because when it does fail, it's more aggravating than, let's say if we made it 20% chance and it didn't." Or something to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    Quit trolling, please. Within those seconds of HORROR (target stunned and CC not breaking) you could kill off two or three players, not just one.
    Shut up and quit posting, simply put.
    Cata beta ISNT Wotlk where u 2 shot everyone in 5 seconds
    If mages can have Dragons Breath why cant locks have Shadowflame with 6 sec fear effect ?

now shut up and quit posting troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    If mages can have Dragons Breath why cant locks have Shadowflame with 6 sec fear effect ?

Imo it would have been better if the changed it from a 6 sec horror to a 4-5 sec snare, or a fear that was off DR. It does seem like they want to give us a new gap opener though, even if the aoe horror () wasn't the answer.

Lol, as if we don't see this coming? Come on.

Now all they need is to make this lousy spell have any use without glyphing for it. 70% less movement speed is kinda useless when you are already melee range, so there's no use in kiting.

It's like Howl of Terror having a cast time forcing the warlock to get interrupted.

2 of these spells right now are so pointless that they just go against everything a caster should be doing. First, kiting, like yeah good luck kiting with that short range of a snare, and not being locked out, oh wait, HoT forces us to get locked out.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2010-08-31 at 02:32 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Lol, as if we don't see this coming? Come on.

Now all they need is to make this lousy spell have any use without glyphing for it. 70% less movement speed is kinda useless when you are already melee range, so there's no use in kiting.

It's like Howl of Terror having a cast time forcing the warlock to get interrupted.

2 of these spells right now are so pointless that they just go against everything a caster should not be doing. First, kiting, like yeah good luck kiting with that short range of a snare, and not being locked out, oh wait, HoT forces us to get locked out.
    I was thinking just then... I hope they get rid of the fear immunities of specific melee classes. All melee specs have very nice interrupts now (which is painful) and fear is a 2 second cast... So I'm thinking there's not need for fear immunities anymore, as all melee classes now have the reasonable option of interrupting our fears. Plus, if melee aren't targeting (i.e. we're peeling for someone) then fear is generally no worse then the other cc's around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post

Dragon's Breath breaks on damage. Shadowflame didn't.