Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    On the paper Soul Leech, with the high chance of Empowered Imp + Chaos Bolt would have removed the need for Destro locks to Life Tap in PvE. And even in PvP +10% health every 12 seconds wasn't too bad.
    Coincidentally in this patch LT, EI and SL were all nerfed.
    >.< I missed the LT nerf, *having* to lose 20% health will really suck sometimes. Did you see the 5% per sec health with drain life? soul leech pales compared to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    >.< I missed the LT nerf, *having* to lose 20% health will really suck sometimes. Did you see the 5% per sec health with drain life? soul leech pales compared to that.
    The 5%/sec it's not bad, but spending 3 seconds channelling DL is a dps loss for all the specs.
    It seems that after this patch the most viable spec will be affliction (maybe only because the nerf bat missed it)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 5%/sec it's not bad, but spending 3 seconds channelling DL is a dps loss for all the specs.
    It seems that after this patch the most viable spec will be affliction (maybe only because the nerf bat missed it)
    Hmm, I'm not really a fan of demo and destro using drain life tbh, I prefer there playstyles without channeled spells. I was just wondering why they nerfed soul leech when drain life is so potent.

My guess is that this change came in so that we wouldn't only use SF during Backdraft to keep our DoT rolling or whatever. Don't get me wrong, this is incredibly powerful as is.

What this means is if you have enough haste in your pocket to get at or close to the gcd you are now casting 13-14 nukes under backdraft instead of 3. Candy. Surely they have nerfed the cooldown on conflag? Otherwise i will be under backdraft 99% of the time.
    Last edited by Tritone496; 2010-09-01 at 12:07 AM.

yeh going on what was just said they needed to up our dps in pve due to other nerfs so this is a balancing out thing that was probably needed.

on another unrelated note.. wats with all the threads about 1 build.. wtb mod combination thread abilities.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

No more soulfires under backdraft in pvp for luls. But oh well.

Hmm, I'm not really a fan of demo and destro using drain life tbh, I prefer there playstyles without channeled spells. I was just wondering why they nerfed soul leech when drain life is so potent.
    Having the health gain being almost passive when you continue your normal rotation was obviously not the intent.
    We have to work at it, doing something specific to get the health back, and that is why drain life is so potent.
    Because we have to choose to use it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Having the health gain being almost passive when you continue your normal rotation was obviously not the intent.
    We have to work at it, doing something specific to get the health back, and that is why drain life is so potent.
    Because we have to choose to use it.
    Well ok, however do you really think drain life fits in with the destro aesthetic?

15+ Year Old Account
    But why did they nerf Empowered Imp? Now the talent is just boring, that low procrate honestly sucks and it will let us cast a free soulfire like once every 40-50s...

Well ok, however do you really think drain life fits in with the destro aesthetic?
    It doesn't, but because something doesn't fit doesn't mean it won't happen.
    Demo locks, at least currently will likely be using drain soul to get back shards, and that does not fit either.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It doesn't, but because something doesn't fit doesn't mean it won't happen.
    Demo locks, at least currently will likely be using drain soul to get back shards, and that does not fit either.
    Eh, in my mind things like this happen when blizzard is just feeling lazy in regards to ideas for warlocks. Surely they could implement some talent for demo/destro that allows for the slow regen of shards. It does seem like the rushed the whole soul shard revamp thing out for blizzcon while they had no real idea of how to balance it.

It would seem to be an almost permanent 30% haste. Too good to stay, it will be nerfed in a future patch (like shadowflame, empowered imp and soul leech, all strong talents/spells, has been hit by the nerf bat in this one)
    Not really a nerf. It'll simply be balanced. I can only hope that this change won't mean that Conflagrate cooldown will be increased.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15