Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Irollapigeon
    on a side note... BOOOMMMKIIIINS RULE!!! If u haven't guessed my main is a boomkin called Matrone.

Deleted
    Bump for more ideas

Chrisfarley. Because, face it, the only reason to go Balance is the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Artavur View Post
    Why is Owlthathurts considered against the ToS ? Does it have any kind of offensive meaning ?

The only other idea I have at the moment is Shroomkin (related to the new Wild Mushroom spell in Cata)
    Names can't be a series of words. They will sometimes allow two words, but not more than that. And you can't name toons after real life people, or anything offensive.

I report names all the time, primarily drug related ones, but also sometimes names that I just don't like because they are a semi-sentence. I'd report Shroomkin and it'd get changed.

Quasarkin.

Fuck moons.

EDIT: Also, the guy above me is full of suck for not liking the shroomkin moniker based around the new muchroom spell in Cata. The first thing I thought of when hearing about that spell was shroomkin. It only made sense.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-08-31 at 06:26 PM.

don't worry about names being against ToS. Pretty much every character I've made has been the name of a celebrity (which is against ToS). I've been flagged for renaming only once. And then, all I did was name him a different celebrity.

Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr View Post
    don't worry about names being against ToS. Pretty much every character I've made has been the name of a celebrity (which is against ToS). I've been flagged for renaming only once. And then, all I did was name him a different celebrity.
    You're right that most of the time no one will report you. However, and you may be different, I'd hate to level a toon to 80(85) only to have to suddenly change the name. You could do like you said and change it to another name against the ToS, but if whoeever reported you added you to their friends list (like I do) the next time I report you, do you know what they will do? Change your name to a random RP name like "Elveryn". Is that what you want?

Choose a name that is allowed. Save us both some effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nosoup4crr View Post
    Thanks for that, I guess I'll allow myself a little bit of "screw the ToS"

Thanks for the ideas, keep it up if you like it because I do

I'm currently named Doomshroom as balance druid. I like it. Also, I took that name before Plants VS. Zombies were released!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by United States of Awesome View Post
    You're right that most of the time no one will report you. However, and you may be different, I'd hate to level a toon to 80(85) only to have to suddenly change the name. You could do like you said and change it to another name against the ToS, but if whoeever reported you added you to their friends list (like I do) the next time I report you, do you know what they will do? Change your name to a random RP name like "Elveryn". Is that what you want?

Choose a name that is allowed. Save us both some effort.
    Why do you put so much effort in making people change their toon's names ? I personnally see retard names all day ong (arthasdk that kind of stuff) and I don't report them, of course if I encounter someone called SaddamHussein or AdolfHitler I will report him, but in regard to "fun" names I can hardly see how they can ruin your gaming experience

I'd say "Orly" but that's probably taken on every realm by now.

kayeffcee
    the most useless invention in history? A Graveyard wall!
    no one on the inside is able to walk out and
    no one on the outside wants to get in willingly

to United States of Awesome,

lol.. really? you got really nothing better to do but ruin someone elses fun? it takes some people a long time to think of a good witty name( i know it takes me some time) and just because it has a series of words in it, ur gonna pretty much screw em over because som1 like you reads and studies the tos agreement to make sure everyone is doing the right thing? i know first hand that most of the stuff on the tos agreement isnt even enforced or looked over wen i report something against it( something far worse than having a series of words in a name). i understand that there are offensive names out there but i dont even report them. its a game that people pay to play...as far as im concerend, they should have the right of using names like "owlthathurt". do us all a favor and lets not be a hardcore ToS cop

I'm not a hardcore ToS cop. But if I see a name that I don't like and that is against the ToS, I'll report it. And they do enforce it. And apparently, yes, it is very, very hard to come up with a witty name. I know this because there are a ton of threads on it and, just like this one, none of the names in it are funny or witty.

If you come to my server and I see you with the name (these are all names I've reported)"Smokinpurple", "pwnuownyou", "Ganndalf", or "dkforcutie" I will report you. You will have to change it. I will add you to my friends list. If you change it to something else that is against the ToS I will report you again. This time I will laugh when I see some random RP name light up on my friends list in your place.

15+ Year Old Account
    birdistheword
    Surfingbird