Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

OwlHandleThat
    Owligarchy... <- heh, government class...
    squakinTom
    OwlrightyThat
    BertBeakman
    AbsurdBird <- thats the name of my farfetched!
    MichaelJSquaks
    ... im tired of thinking, there is your 5 minutes worth of absurd names.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by United States of Awesome View Post
    I'm not a hardcore ToS cop. But if I see a name that I don't like and that is against the ToS, I'll report it. And they do enforce it. And apparently, yes, it is very, very hard to come up with a witty name. I know this because there are a ton of threads on it and, just like this one, none of the names in it are funny or witty.

If you come to my server and I see you with the name (these are all names I've reported)"Smokinpurple", "pwnuownyou", "Ganndalf", or "dkforcutie" I will report you. You will have to change it. I will add you to my friends list. If you change it to something else that is against the ToS I will report you again. This time I will laugh when I see some random RP name light up on my friends list in your place.
    I 100% understand that you report these kind of names, but these are the names that I would qualify as somehow "retard" while play-on-words name or series of word can be original, and even make you giggle (happened to me several times)

If you think of a clever name, feel free to make it into a joke. Feel free to call a Boomkin you see it. Or you can feel free to name your own character it, and have it reported if anyone takes the time to. Most people will not.

I will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clusterfork

cause trees+typhoon+ starfall+ awesome= dead players

I've reported names too - bit only offensive ones (like the AdolfHilter one).

Stupid names are jsut just.

The only place that I would encourage someone to report those types of names is if you are on any type of RP Server. If you chose RP - play by the rules. you want a funny name - server xfer.

OT: Owlgore...I like that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina View Post
    Sometimes faction pride goes beyond rational lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    No no this is Warcraft, not Lovecraft, I know it's confusing with both of them having old gods, but they're different.
    Knarg: "Man, the Alliance are always either shrieking that they're losing or shrieking that they're winning. What's with that?"

Personally, I wouldn't report Adolfhitler. I guess it's all personal opinion, but it just honestly is not "offensive" to me. It's a stupid thing to name a character, but names like "Owlgore" or anime names or random japanese names bother me a lot more.

StephenOwlkins

StephenMoonkins

Owlbama

Foonmire, Fartsire

Malfurrion
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Quote Originally Posted by United States of Awesome View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't report Adolfhitler. I guess it's all personal opinion, but it just honestly is not "offensive" to me. It's a stupid thing to name a character, but names like "Owlgore" or anime names or random japanese names bother me a lot more.
    I really hope that was a joke. A very bad joke. You don't see anything wrong with what you're doing? You would report someone who named their guy after a 100% fake story (say gandolf), but not report someone who named themselves after Hitler, who committed mass genocide?

1.) You need to get your priorities straight... There's more players who would be offended with hitler than a pokemon name.

2.) Just wanted to let you know i finally registered an account with mmo-champ after 2 years of reading just to respond to your posts... congrats.
    Last edited by ieatpunks; 2010-08-31 at 08:55 PM. Reason: (typo edit'd)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post
    I've reported names too - bit only offensive ones (like the AdolfHilter one).

Stupid names are jsut just.

The only place that I would encourage someone to report those types of names is if you are on any type of RP Server. If you chose RP - play by the rules. you want a funny name - server xfer.

OT: Owlgore...I like that one
    Yes that makes sense too, I forgot to say I played on a normal server, and I am definitly not a Roleplayer at all.

Deleted
    Boonkin (Lost reference)

Eluneinator instead of Illuminator.

Elune, druids.... see what I did thar, derp, derp

Boomkinpieceofshit

Tauren Moonkin

Chickenfriedsteak
    Surfinbird
    Owlcapwn

10+ Year Old Account
    name it wildberry in my honor...
    but in all seriousness naming a character for a certain spec can be bad sometimes especially if you ever end up going feral or resto

Plumkin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    name it wildberry in my honor...
    but in all seriousness naming a character for a certain spec can be bad sometimes especially if you ever end up going feral or resto
    Hehe, I like wildberry =)
    But I only play moonkin, I can't play another spec because I have a Goblin Weather Machine and it would look silly on a bear/cat/resto =)
    And I'm the kind of player that uses a character for one spec and rolls another char if I want to try another role/spec

But I understand your PoV ofc (there's a druid on my server called Restowtree who is actually a feral dps)

Deleted
    Imnotamoonkin