Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    Some people perceive a realm first as a mark of pride, thinking other player will look at them and think, "that guy is so awesome." The reality is most people take the view of, "what a no life loser."

Go for it if you want, but don't expect most people to be impressed.
    I wouldn't expect anyone other than the person getting the Realm First! to be impressed. It's more of a self-satisfying achivement, it doesn't make you good, it means you have more time to dedicate to the game than the majority of other players. If you want to feel good for about an hour, go for realm first, if you want a good experience leveling, take your time, explore the areas and don't rush past everything. This will give you alot more satisfaction when you hit 85 than the Realm First! will.

10+ Year Old Account
    erm...realm first = e-peen = profit !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    I don't think they CAN add any more incentive, since they'd probably be accused of promoting unhealthy play styles or something... I mean, let's face it, you'd basically have to stop sleeping and move your computer in front of the toilet to even stand a chance.
    I guess youre rite. If they were to add a mount/title nerds would go crazy.

LOL!!!!!!!! Im picture a pasty nerd with his laptop, sitting on the toilet. And near by is a small microwave a pile of hot pockets, and a few cases of mountain dew and red bull. Ready for war!

BTW How can you forget the opening of AQ... Leveling to 85 isnt different! AQ gave possible the sickest fricken mount in the game to the 1 lucky person who opened the gate. On my server that person is seen as a god when he rides around on his black quiraji...
    Last edited by Ondre; 2010-08-31 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    Thats the point though. Originally they planned for titles for realm firsts for each class, and in the tradeskills, but they didnt want to encourage people to not sleep (as I'm sure many would) to get it. This way you're at least acknowledged, but not given anything special.

The only one I can remember is that if you were a mage you would have got "Magister" as a prefix to your name. I remember some sounded pretty cool though, and I heard a fair few people say they would have gone for them. Hell, I know one guy that fished none stop till he hit 450 just on the off chance you still got a title. Cant remember how long it took him, but he was realm first and pretty disappointed.
    Realms first Mage would have gotten the title "Arch Mage (player name)"

Isn't it just a byproduct of aiming for raiding realm firsts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondre View Post
    I guess youre rite. If they were to add a mount/title nerds would go crazy.

LOL!!!!!!!! Im picture a pasty nerd with his laptop, sitting on the toilet. And near by is a small microwave a pile of hot pockets, and a few cases of mountain dew and red bull. Ready for war!

BTW How can you forget the opening of AQ... Leveling to 85 isnt different! AQ gave possible the sickest fricken mount in the game to the 1 lucky person who opened the gate. On my server that person is seen as a god when he rides around on his black quiraji...
    [img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090506105510/wowwiki/images/e/e2/Black_Qiraji_Battle_Tank.jpg[img]
    False. more than one person got the mount. As long as you turned in the quest within ten hours of the person that turned it in first, you'll get the title and mount.

Short answer: No

Deleted
    It's one of those achievements you would like to get, but never probably will. There's always someone out there who's more of a no-lifer, than you. (Not trolling, just pointing out the obvious tbh).

I wouldn't waste your time, health, and energy, doing this. It's just not worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

You know, the other day, a dude in one of my pugs raids said "And just in case you were unaware, you are raiding with the Realm First 80 DK" and linked his achievement.

No one was impressed.
    Axetoface.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordae View Post
    Nope.

You know, the other day, a dude in one of my pugs raids said "And just in case you were unaware, you are raiding with the Realm First 80 DK" and linked his achievement.

No one was impressed.
    "And you're still a noob DK?" C'mon, you know you wish you'd said it. ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    full list

* Arch Druid <Name> - First Druid to Level 80
    * Archmage <Name> - First Mage to Level 80
    * Assassin <Name> - First Rogue to Level 80
    * Crusader <Name> - First Paladin to Level 80
    * Prophet <Name> - First Priest to Level 80
    * Stalker <Name> - First Hunter to Level 80
    * Warbringer <Name> - First Warrior to Level 80
    * <Name> The Malefic - First Warlock to Level 80
    * <Name> Of the Ebon Blade - First Death Knight to Level 80
    * <Name> Of the Ten Storms - First Shaman to Level 80

* <Name> Of Gnomeregan - First Gnome to Level 80.
    * <Name> Of Quel'thalas - First Blood Elf to Level 80.
    * <Name> Of Argus - First Draenei to Level 80.
    * <Name> Of Khaz Modan - First Dwarf to Level 80.
    * <Name> The Lion Hearted - First Human to Level 80.
    * <Name> Champion of Elune - First Night Elf to Level 80.
    * <Name> Hero of Orgrimmar - First Orc to Level 80.
    * <Name> Plainsrunner - First Tauren to Level 80.
    * <Name> Of the Darkspear - First Troll to Level 80.
    * <Name> The Forsaken - First Forsaken to Level 80.

* Grand Master Alchemist <Name> - First to 450 Alchemy
    * Grand Master Blacksmith <Name> - First to 450 Blacksmithing
    * Iron Chef <Name> - First to 450 Cooking
    * Grand Master Enchanter <Name> - First to 450 Enchanting
    * Grand Master Engineer <Name> - First to 450 Engineering
    * Doctor <Name> - First to 450 First Aid
    * Grand Master Angler <Name> - First to 450 Fishing
    * Grand Master Herbalist <Name> - First to 450 Herbalism
    * Grand Master Scribe <Name> - First to 450 Inscription
    * Grand Master Jewelcrafter <Name> - First to 450 Jewelcrafting
    * Grand Master Leatherworker <Name> - First to 450 Leatherworking
    * Grand Master Miner <Name> - First to 450 Mining
    * Grand Master Skinner <Name> - First to 450 Skinning
    * Grand Master Tailor <Name> - First to 450 Tailoring

Every player who earned a Realm First achievement gets a mark from me. A mark of being a no-lifer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Correlia View Post
    Short answer: No
    This

To be completely honest, it doesn't worth one bit.
    I only see people who get realm first (I am talking about realm first leveling to max level, not talking about realm first raids), completely bored and it doesn't give any thing to respect for... it's only sitting near the comp tons of hours without moving, rushing quests without even enjoying them (with the awesome cata lore especially) and get to 85 too fast just to get this achievement and then? so you have it , no one cares because it's nothing interesting but showing the person wasted really non stop time only sitting on computer leveling and the 2nd time you level in same place reading quests, it won't be as fun as the first one.

Oh and I don't respect realm first on raids at all if it's the start of expansion because some will always rush to get to 85 , get gear as fast as possible to be ahead of a lot of other raiders to try and beat the raid fast and get the realm first. I respect the realm first of raids that come with patches, when everyone are max level and have the same equal chance to get the realm first without rushing the leveling which some people don't want to rush but enjoy it fully.
    Last edited by Kazlofski; 2010-08-31 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Every player who earned a Realm First achievement gets a mark from me. A mark of being a no-lifer.
    And this.

Deleted
    It's not tbh. That does not mean if I got it i would be all "meh".
    Tbh I would yell "HOLYSH!TIWASN'TEVENTRYINGTOGETITMANIMUSTBEGREATATLEVELING!!!!!!!"

Someone will always think it's worth it. More importantly, it'll always be worth it to someone. Thankfully everyone's perception of everything isn't the same. Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to admit some of those titles, espically the 1st of a class ones were pretty awesome and would love to see them able to be earned later on, in some less retarded way. Arch Druid? Yes please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haglowicz View Post
    "And you're still a noob DK?" C'mon, you know you wish you'd said it. ;-)
    Oh, I laughed in vent. Along with about 20 other people. I totally wish I did say it.
    Axetoface.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrone View Post
    It's not tbh. That does not mean if I got it i would be all "meh".
    Tbh I would yell "HOLYSH!TIWASN'TEVENTRYINGTOGETITMANIMUSTBEGREATATLEVELING!!!!!!!"
    Oh dear..