Thread: Mount Macro

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mount Macro

I used to have a good macro that used my flying mount whenever possible and my other mount when not. Somehow I lost it.
    I looked down the thread list a few pages and didn't see any list of basic macros otherwise I would have looked through
    those before posting.

Anyways any help on said macro would be appreciated or some advice on a mod if there is one that does this. I don't want
    a shift or ctrl based macro, the one I used to have did it without the need to hold a key for different mount types.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /dismount [mounted]
    /use [noflyable] [flyable, mod:shift] Frostwolf Howler; [flyable] Red Drake
    [flyable, mod:shift] for wintergrasp because you can't use flying mount during active battle

A variation on the one I am currently using, from wowwiki.

Code:
    /run if IsMounted() then Dismount() return end local m if not IsFlyableArea() or (GetWintergraspWaitTime()==nil and GetZoneText()=="Wintergrasp") or IsSwimming() then m=(1) else m=(3) end CallCompanion("MOUNT",m)
    Replace the bracketed numbers, 1 and 3 with the number of your flying and ground mount respectively.
    On your mounts list, from left to right, top then bottom the mounts are numbered.

1-5
    6-10

11-15
    16-20 etc.

That script will take into account wintergrasp and the incorrect flagging of it being flyable during a battle.

Ty works well.

Livestock is a good addon that summons an appropriate random mount with a keybind, nice.
    Alganon: Catastrophe
    -Face the Deathbreath

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /dismount [mounted]
    [flyable, mod:shift] for wintergrasp because you can't use flying mount during active battle

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /dismount [mounted]
    This doesn't work for me for some reason. Or, rather, doesn't work every time.

It gets me on the mount just fine. The problem is when I am already mounted, sometimes clicking the macro causes my character to dismount and immediately start mounting again.

Not a big deal, but annoying. It's as if it doesn't recognize [mounted] option for /dismount. Any idea why it would behave so?
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Try changing it to this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /dismount [mounted]
    /stopmacro [mounted]
    Not sure if it'll work, but it MAY stop you from being immediately remounted when you try to dismount.

Personally, I use GupPet - it supports keybinds for "smart" mounting (random flying/land of fastest speed available, depending on zone/subzone), random fast land, random fast flying, random slow land, and random slow flying - more than most other similar addons do (I use the random smart mount, random fast land, random slow land, and random slow flying keybinds - in case I'm in a group with somebody who doesn't have the fast mount of a particular type, or if I want to force a land mount in a flyable area, etc).
    Last edited by Taryble; 2010-09-01 at 06:03 PM.

For specific mounts, at least from the view of a ground mount in a flyable region then I use Opie, which is at least for me more convenient since I am utilising it for other things too.
    If I feel the need to have a slower flyer, then I will just summon one manually since that has been a rare occurence.

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [noflyable,nomounted][flyable, mod:shift,nomounted] Frostwolf Howler; [flyable,nomounted] Red Drake
    /dismount [mounted]
    Swap the options around. Using /dismount immediately makes [mounted] false, thus causing you to re-mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    im no macro expert but..

MACRO 30 "mount" INV_Misc_QuestionMark
    /cancelaura aim of the iron dwarves
    /cancelaura power of the taunka
    /cancelaura agility of the vrykul
    /cast !Violet Proto-Drake
    /cast frostwolf howler
    END

this will always attempt to cast my flyer and if it cant it goes the land mount. it also cancels the effect of DBW too. so when your doing gunship and you have to go over you can hit this and use the jetpack(or did they fix that? i havent been in icc in months).
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Quote Originally Posted by Olgierd View Post
    This doesn't work for me for some reason. Or, rather, doesn't work every time.

It gets me on the mount just fine. The problem is when I am already mounted, sometimes clicking the macro causes my character to dismount and immediately start mounting again.

Not a big deal, but annoying. It's as if it doesn't recognize [mounted] option for /dismount. Any idea why it would behave so?
    I've just been using...

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    A variation on the one I am currently using, from wowwiki.

Code:

/run if IsMounted() then Dismount() return end local m if not IsFlyableArea() or (GetWintergraspWaitTime()==nil and GetZoneText()=="Wintergrasp") or IsSwimming() then m=(1) else m=(3) end CallCompanion("MOUNT",m)

Replace the bracketed numbers, 1 and 3 with the number of your flying and ground mount respectively.
    On your mounts list, from left to right, top then bottom the mounts are numbered.

1-5
    6-10

11-15
    16-20 etc.

That script will take into account wintergrasp and the incorrect flagging of it being flyable during a battle.
    And it has been working great, i didn't try the other one.

Glad that worked out for you.
    Though worth noting is that should you gain new mounts, if they are alphabetically prior to either in that macro, then those numbers will increase and the macro will need edited accordingly.
    Not perhaps as convenient in that respect as an addon, but for whatever reasons an addon is not always the desired solution should it be avoidable.

Didn't work, sadly. Attempts to remount me every time. Infuriating.

I have noticed that sometimes when zoning into Krassus Landing it doesn't work and I have to go back into Dalaran and turn around then it works. I don't think this has anything to with the macro though, I'm probably just not getting tagged as being in a flyable zone since I can't even click the mount manually since it's grayed out. Is this a known bug?

It is a known bug yes.
    The macro is just doing what most of those others do, just with extra conditions related to wintergrasp.
    Dalaran has had long standing issues, which 3.2 fixed some of, but not all.
    That will periodically happen, and your solution is the same one that people suggest, and use myself.

Is there a way to put like a /castrandom type of thing in there? Like m=(1,4,7) or something? I should probably just go get one the suggested mods but i was just curious on how to do it if possible.

Deleted
    Code:
    /run local b,c,d,m={1,4,7},{3},math.random if IsMounted() then Dismount() return end if not IsFlyableArea() or (GetWintergraspWaitTime()==nil and GetZoneText()=="Wintergrasp") or IsSwimming() then m=b[d(#b)] else m=(c[d(#b)]) end CallCompanion("MOUNT",m)
    254 characters, untested obviously.

i use this one on ALL my chars, it works wonders, it uses the mounts at the top 1st Prio, and so on, so just list your flying mounts first, and ground mounts later.
    /use Amber Essence
    /use Ruby Essence
    /use Emerald Essence
    /cast Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher
    /cast Red Proto-Drake
    /cast Swift Red Wind Rider
    /cast Bronze Drake
    /cast Green Wind Rider
    /cast Swift Warstrider
    /cast Great Gray Kodo
    /cast Swift Blue Raptor
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Code:
    /run if IsMounted()then Dismount()else f={21}g={1}c=CallCompanion r=random m="MOUNT"c(m,f[r(#f)])c(m,g[r(#g)])end
    My one click to all...the number on f=(X) and g=(Y) is for the flying and ground mount...just see on your mount tab the number position of the mount you want

Figured out a fix for my random mount problems.

Code:
    #show [flyable]Bronze Drake; Acherus Deathcharger
    /castrandom [nomounted, flyable] Bronze Drake; [nomounted] Acherus Deathcharger, Swift Mistsaber, Swift Gray Ram, Armored Brown Bear
    /dismount [mounted]
    So, [nomounted] did the trick... Works without fail now. The only problem is having to have the #show line that robs my precious character limit. Without it, the macro icon turns into a question mark when I saddle up, and I can't stand looking at it.