Deleted

Raid Reputation Rings

I would love to see a change to the Rings you can get from Reptutation factions in Raids, the change I would like to see is that you may have more than one of them in your inventory at once but not be able to equip more than one of them regardless of their stats. Think this is stupid? Well stay around for a while and let me explain in further detail my idea.

(I will use the Ashen Verdict rings because we all know and love them)
    Imagine you have an alt, let's say a Paladin just to make it relateable to almost everyone, and your Main Spec on the alt is Protection. You get into ICC, get to Friendly and get your Prot ring.
    Fast forward to your being at the point where you're Exalted with Ashen Verdict and have the corresponding ring, however your Guild needs a Healer and you have volunteered because you have a relatively good set of Holy gear and some practice from weeklies and VoA.
    To maximize this spec you would need to make your Prot Ring, which is of course gemmed (and enchanted) into the Healing ring. This is all well and fine untill the point where you want to go Tank VoA or Weekly and suddenly lack a 2nd Tanking Ring.

My idea is that we can keep the current system where you get one ring you can change on the run untill Exalted. Once Exalted you would be offered a Quest to get a second Ring which will also be at your rep level. The requirements for this quest could be anything. Pay XXXXg, Kill XXXX Boss, Obtain XXXX number of XXXX from Bosses. The possibilities are endless.
    The 2 Rings would be Unique-Equipped and cancel each other out (Think normal and Heroic version of the same trinket) so you would not be able to have 2 of the rings on at the same time.
    Now our Paladin can relatively easily have two very well functioning gear sets without having to sacrifice anything from either and not being Overpowered.

What do you think? Could this work or is it a problem with me being too lazy to switch Ring, Gem, Enchant every other day?

tl;dr: Would it be a good idea with the possibility of obtaining 2 different rep rings from raid isntances without being able to equip both at the same time, at a relatively high cost or difficulty level?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool to see this actually happen, but I have my doubts on them actually implementing it.

Deleted
    I agree with OP.

that is a good idea, but what you are asking is more free gear.
    if you can afford it swap the rings everytime it's needed, if you can't just pick the one you use the most and try to get 2 264/277 for one spec, then the rep ring for the other.

i can understand what you mean because i have the same "problem" on my paladin, but after that someone would say "why can't every class have 1 tier that change stats and bonus when you respec?"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, it's different with rep rewards because you have a choice once you reach the required rep and not when you get a token or piece of gear from a boss. The amount of gear you have to carry around when you play a hybrid class sucks, and I can understand where the 1 tier changing stats and bonus upon respeccing comes from, but this would make it a little easier on them without having to constantly spend money on a 1 item difference when you have to respec constantly for raids depending on your role.

I'm sure pure dps classes would moan about not being able to get multiple rep rings because only one ring suits them well. It would be nice for hybrids in the sense that they wouldn't have to constantly spend money on enchants/gems for 1 item if they plan to min/max their character when rep rings tend to be BiS.

I agree the ring thing does kind of suck, but just get something different.
    Even if you have to downgrade to a previous tier ring to tide you over until you get an upgrade.
    In essence, if they do what you request, they would have to make all 4 available at the same time for druids. Not every boomkin wants to be forced to use the mp5 one, same for trees and spell/hit and kitties and tank ring.
    Even pallies want 3 different ones because they fulfill 3 roles.

I get what you mean, but it won't happen.

As far as the tier sets go, you CAN get all the sets for each spec, you just have to get enough badges/tokens/new valor points they are implementing to do so. Sure, it sucks, but that's the price you pay for multiple roles.

It's a hard life as a hybrid.

---------- Post added 2010-08-31 at 03:11 PM ----------

I could see them making a gold exception where you pay the NPC who gives it to you once, and after that you can change out as need be at no additional charge. I could see people complaining about the gemming/enchanting, so they could remove the gem and just budget more hard stats in. Cata is supposed to focus more on core stats and since a few passives are removed, this could be very doable. The enchanting, well, carry more dust.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree: now that dual-specs exist, adding unique-equipped to any reputation rings would make sense.

Since it currently costs a small fee to switch rings (100g?), perhaps make the quest giver also a vendor: you get the first ring free as a quest reward (and all its upgraded versions). After that, it's 100g to buy a ring or it's higher versions (which require the lower rep version and the rep to purchase, of course - maybe even another 100g).

I seem to remember a blue post about this a good while back (probably when ICC was just new or on the PTR) that basically said that they wanted players to have their focus on one single spec.

Of course, to do that, they would have to at least fix encounters to all require the same amount of healers/tanks -_-

Do keep in mind that I can't find this anywhere now, and it might be something I dreamt of. Or just imagined. Either works.