Thread: Free Games List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Here's another one:
    War2combat
    http://server.war2.ru/modules/news/
    It's basically Warcraft 2 freeware edition.

FPS:

A.V.A: Alliance of Valiant Arms
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    AVA looks great. Does it have a 3rd person toggle?

War2Combat, also an interesting find. But it looks like something Blizzard may sue over. Ill add it if anyone can confirm theyre not violating Blizz Copyrights.
    A.V.A- Not that I am aware of, pretty sure it's all 1st person.

War2Combat- Not sure, since the game is not being published anymore (Source?) this is a way for people to play the game for free if they wish. Blizz has not shut it down yet, we shall see though.

---------- Post added 2010-09-20 at 05:50 AM ----------

Oh and another I forgot about:

Blockland
    http://www.blockland.us/

You build stuff with LEGO. On the internet. Epic.

You can pay for a full game, but the demo is pretty packed with goodies.
    Last edited by Bloogonis; 2010-09-20 at 05:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

I have reason to believe that Company of Heroes Online is going to be free. Let me research more before i go any further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

It seems you are correct.

Awesome find. Id never even heard of this one.
    That's the thing though, I've never been able to find an official download for it. Only ones i found were through torrents from third party websites. I figured they just weren't ready yet.

When i find the right download, i'm going to be on that game like a hobo on a ham sandwich. Company of Heroes is a damn good game.
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

I found it. Already added it to the list. You have to sign up before you get the option to DL.

Company of Heroes
    Whoops, I'm not sure how i missed that so easily. Thanks, i've been playing for the past week and a half.

I'm really liking the change made to the game. Instead of setting up your playstyle in the original game by earning xp for building/capturing/killing, they further customized your playstyle by having a levelling up system for your commander.

Each commander tree is powerful in it's own right. For example the Wehrmacht Defensive Commander with enough points, can call out special builders which (depending on how far you're in the tree) let's you see up the ultimate defensive perimeter with Flak 88s and MG42/Aid/Repair bunkers that cost only Manpower (Main resource).

The game's currency for non-paying players is Supply. You simply gain supply at the end of every match, and how much you get depends on a win or loss. You use this supply for your Hero units and passive abilities.

I'm not sure when they will release it, but they are planning on adding the british from their expansion into the game.

Add I wanna be the guy to this list...
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Deleted
    Dwarf Fortress to Sandbox please

Despite the obvious restrictions, I'm still going to post it, see what you make of it, and whether you want to put it on the list or not.

http://www.warhammeronline.com/

"Endless Trial" of Warhammer Online. It's like a demo of the game where you can only play rank 1-10 (Out of 40 last i checked), and you can't access the main city. Your account that you set up wont get deleted, and they won't end this offer, hence the name "endless".

http://www.warhammeronline.com/faq/index.php?section=11

It's a short FAQ for the trial.

I did buy the game as an alternative to World of Warcraft, at least until Wrath of the Lich King came out, the main reason being Warhammer is a pretty bleak and bloody universe (to say the very least). The gore, creations, and sides in this game are ridiculously awesome.

I played as a Chaos Chosen. Because it's a World of Warcraft forum, it's best to stick to similarities to help describe. Picture a heavily armored chaos warrior, that can either be a full tank, or a pretty powerful two handed warrior that uses auras that help benefit your group, and hinder your enemies.

cool list

Might want to change vindictus description, it's no longer fast paced.

They've changed it so you can really only fight (all the games really about) for about an hour every 4 days... (well, after you finish with the noob levels of course, but all of that itself is really only a few hours of gameplay if you're slow)
    Of course that's unless you want to pay to get more tokens to continue running dungeons, but that's not so much considered free.

At least you can still fish... for 10 seconds every 3 minutes...

Vindictus
    Really slow-paced game that you can play two times a week, for an hour each session.

Firefall - A team-based action shooter from Red 5 Studios with deep character progression. Vast open-world co-op with competitive multiplayer.

Wind Slayer - A cartoony 2D side scrolling fantasy MMORPG.

LaTale - An innovative 2D side-scrolling fantasy MMORPG with anime inspired graphics
    Last edited by Monette; 2010-10-31 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monette View Post
    Firefall - A team-based action shooter from Red 5 Studios with deep character progression. Vast open-world co-op with competitive multiplayer.

Wind Slayer - A cartoony 2D side scrolling fantasy MMORPG.

LaTale - An innovative 2D side-scrolling fantasy MMORPG with anime inspired graphics
    La Tale was closed down.

Is FireFall even in open beta yet?

Added Wind Slayer.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    firefall isnt, no.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
    Interesting name i know, it's a roguelike, so expect to die, a LOT. Also suggest using the tiles version if you don't like ascii.

http://crawl.develz.org/wordpress/

Here's one of my old favorite games, that I played before I started WoW. Its completely free, but you can pay for the ability to gain more exp/credits(currency)/points, and many other cool things. Its a game based on sea warfare basically, battleships, carriers, submarines, destroyers etc... pretty good history in ships.

http://www.navyfield.com/main.asp

I wouldn't really call it hard, but its pretty fun when you get to a battleship and start destroying people. Its an MMO, pretty cool lots of people play it, there is a different site for EU players as well.

Why even list free online shooters when you can get BF2 + xpack + 2 x booster packs for 10 bucks and then continue on and download one of the excellent free mods around? ;-)

War2Combat, also an interesting find. But it looks like something Blizzard may sue over. Ill add it if anyone can confirm theyre not violating Blizz Copyrights.
    A) WC2 's old as dirt
    B) And as long as the owners of war2combat don't make money off it(like wowscape DID) they probaply won't start any legal actions.
    Last edited by Martsus; 2011-01-02 at 11:34 PM.

Added:
    War Inc
    Cosmic Break
    Marvel SHS
    Champions Online
    Age of Conan
    MicroVolts
    Zone 4
    Forsaken World

Removed:
    Exteel. Sadly shut down.
    Last edited by Mijen; 2011-07-21 at 09:34 AM.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Bloodline Champions. An awesome pvp-only fast paced arena game, completely skill oriented; no luck involved (no crits / misses / gear), you are to aim all of your abilities, even heals.
    If WoW pvp frustrates you (as it did to me), you'll find this game amazing for its balancing out 21 (so far) different characters. No fotm setups, every comp is definitely viable, play what you like!

www.bloodlinechampions.com
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but is there a reason Team Fortress 2 isn't up here yet?
    This is a signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by This is a name.
    This is a quote.

Another game to add
    World of tanks - http://www.worldoftanks.com/
    They term it an MMO, but basically you are a commander and you can own up the 5 tanks that you purchase using money they you get by participating in battles.
    Battles are 15v15 TDM style (optional base capture as well).
    It's lots of fun and very addicting upgrading all your tanks and unlocking new ones