Thread: Felguard

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Felguard

I have a feeling that felguard will be buffed in the patch that came out on beta.

PvP should be fun as demo

personally I'd love if Felguard became a stronger pet. Not just does a lot of damage, but anti-melee or a massive pain.

Like changing

Cleave (no cooldown) from doing x damage to a target and its ally -> deals x damage to a target and its ally, dazing both for 4 seconds.

Anguish (5 sec cooldown) from taunting -> taunts the enemy and reduces attack speed by 20% for 10 seconds.

Demonic Frenzy stays the same (stacking attack power buff)

Intercept charge enemy +3 second stun (30 second cooldown) -> charge enemy +1.5 second stun (15 second cooldown)

This gives felguards the ability to stun the enemy frequently and snare them. It also makes them have some nice utility.
    We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us

It would be nice if Felgaurds were something to be feared.

well i managed to get on the EU test server for a bit and my felguard there received a nice buff:
    a mortal strike effect, no more cleave but a blade storm like ability, axe throw that stuns and charge does not stun any more but gives it a run speed buff of about 30% instead.

Dont know about you guys felguards.. But mine is badass enough already.
    Has more dmg reduction than I do and more dps than most of the noobs you encounter in an average heroic.

Hell, these days I can send it into the AV zerg with confidence that it'll survive longer than most of the melee that its charging in alongside of.
    Or have it tank Chillmaw while also DPSing him down faster than I can kill the pesky bomb spamming adds.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

you'll be surprised how much more badass it is becoming in beta

Felguards get an axe toss that stuns, a cleave that does dmg split between all targets, and there own version of bladestorm called felstorm, they lose there charge but gain a mini sprint.

oh cool. still wish they had a reliable snare. I think a giant sword wielding demon would be able to slow you down

don't forget 25% Mortal Strike effect with the cleave

Felguard are pretty strong as it is IMO.

I have to say things are looking good for the felguard

though felguard has lost Demonic Frenzy

yeah, just saw that. too bad

shame a 25% mortal strike is nothing to scoff at. Hopefully demo warlocks will be able to get off casts in pvp thus making them pretty good

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya know, I don't even play warlock.

But yes a DEMONology warlock witha huge DEMON with a axe should be something to be feared.

I have somewhat of a fear for Beast Mastery pets, because they can actually do a little damage.

But warlocks, not so much. They need a buff.
    "When the child of the three realms becomes as light, the ancient power will be released. The earth will tremble. The seas will rise up in answer, and all will be madness. A new day will dawn, bringing with it chaos or peace. Our master is a god of chaos! Pandemonium will aid the old one's release! To this end, we will weaken the barrier between Azeroth and the Elemental Plane. This will allow our great master to reclaim its former elemental servants and send them to rampage throughout our world."

ALSO imp now has a magic dispell called singe magic.

wtk more warlock changes

Quote Originally Posted by dmx87212 View Post
    ALSO imp now has a magic dispell called singe magic.
    yup and it does dmg too even if it doesn't dispel i found that funny running around doing random dmg too people sure it dont kill em less u like just got done with a duel maybe but yeah still kinda funny

Felhunter cannot dispel friendly targets now, been passed to the imp. Also it can flee and can return to the master if it wanders too far.

Like how they removed Paranoia on the FH and gave it to the Void.

The Felguard buff is long overdue and I'm very happy for it. Makes it a lot better in PVE than just normal attacks. It's semi-viable PVP spec but it's still more than a gimmick since the whole tree is based around on cast times, still. Which is still the weakest out of the three trees and still not fully viable yet.

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 03:30 AM ----------

Imp's dispels are going to piss of mages even more. Singe Magic breaks sheep because of the damage it does.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2010-09-02 at 03:25 AM.

interesting fact is that felhunter's dispel has an 8 second cooldown, whereas imp has a 6 second cooldown. And the imp usually has a lot of mana so dispels will be cheap and easy with him.