Thread: Dps

Deleted

Dps

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lvanas&cn=Anyo

That is my warlock and i got some issues i want help with.
    I find that i am doing kinda low dps when i am doing saurfang with that gear. I am just doing 7.5k dps :/.
    I am using this spellrotation. COD,Immo and corr allways up and spam sbolt and when i get molten core i spam inci and decimate i spam soulfire.

Can i improve my dps in some way if i get some higher stats? for example. My haste? My haste with spellstone is around 900. I think my crit is kinda low tho and my spellpower.
    I would love some help how i can improve my gear and dps so i can make some pewpew in our raids.

Thanks in advance

I'm not a Warlock, but looking at your Armory... I don't need to be a Warlock to know you need to Max out your Professions.

Your gear seems to be ok. Maybe you are using lower ranks than you are supposed to.
    The rotation should be something like this
    CoD, Corruption, Immolation always up.
    Shadow bolt spam
    When Molten Core procs, 3 Incinerates.
    Soulfire spam after Decimation procs.

Are you keeping Lifetap up? Are you running out of mana by the end of the fight? (Where it matters most since you will be doing a lot more damage when spamming SF) If so, then try catching up with mana right before that phase.

Deleted
    dont answer like that in a thread about something entire diffrent.
    I know i need to get professions fixed but the thread isnt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    dont answer like that in a thread about something entire diffrent.
    I know i need to get professions fixed but the thread isnt about that.
    They can be a dps increase.

Anyways, what glyphs do you use?

Deleted
    Looking at your stats and gear i wouldnt say they are particularly lacking, I also wouldnt say maxed professions would necessarily sort you out, obviously no doubt JC/chanting would give you a substantial stat boost but its not essential for what you seem to be raiding.

Its also important too keep in mind your raid setup, especially in 10 man can have a big impact on your DPS depending on what buffs are avaliable to you. I saw a general drop in my DPS when I was raiding with a melee stacked raid in 10 man, and with that said, with your gear level 7.5K in ICC10 isnt terrible, but i think your right you could squeeze some more out.

Saurfang itself isnt totally lock freindly with the beasts if they generally go down quickly in your raids as you dont always have time to get into the swing of a rotation and you can loose a bit of DPS there. The main thing as a demo lock which will shoot ur DPS up is MC procs, hence with the beasts u wanna make sure corruption is going on saurfang and also u get it up on one (possibly both) beasts, and this will give you a much higher chance of MC procs, which may leave some stacks spare when you switch back to SF, also remeber to utilise the decimation buff you get from finishing off a beast, you can normally squeeze 2 or 3 soulfires onto saurfang after u finish a beast.

Also with you curse, if you dont have anyone else in the raid with a CoE style debuff(13% increase magic dmg if i recall), you will loose DPS running a different curse.

If you want to look at my armoury to compare stats look up Zinkey on EU, server Quel Thalas, im new to mmo champ so it wont let me link it

only thing i did notice also is you are about 1.5% under hit cap, not sure if this makes a massive impact not really experimented much with lower hit ratings, maybe someone else can comment more on that.

anyways hope this is some help

*edit* another thing i just remembered is do you have demonic empowerment macro'd to like SB or something? this can account for a slight loss in DPS too
    Last edited by mmocda03c422ba; 2010-09-01 at 02:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    first of all I always look at the hit rating . you are either 1.5% below hit cap (while solo or without SP-Boomkin) or 1.5% above hit cap while in raid with either of those classes. Also as you said some haste is good . Be sure to check elitist jerks for more info on rotations and possible upgrades on your gear like Dislodged Foreign Object . Im not a lock my self but as i've noticed most Demonology locks dont do as much dps as affliction or destro.

So ask yourself . do you wanna be a good buffer for your entire raid and do a bit less dps ?
    Or you want to be a better dps buffing his/her raid less .

Bottom line : Check elitistjerks . they have answers to every question.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry about your haste and crit really as Demonology. Haste and Crit come with gear (There isn't usually a choice between Crit and Haste gear). Spell power is the absolute most important stat for Demonology, bar absolutely none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Im not a lock my self but as i've noticed most Demonology locks dont do as much dps as affliction or destro.
    Arian is kinda right here, IF you have a raid with all 3 locks specs in, demo will do the lowest overall DPS, however, the without the demonic pact buff, an aff lock or destro lock will normally fall in short behind demonology. I would reccomend if you are the only warlock in your raid to stick with demo as you wont see a big dps increase if u swtich without another lock on demo buffing you. That being said overall DPS aside, a demo lock in decimation phase is one of the highest DPS classes in the game, generally in a fight as demo ill fall short to most classes by the time the boss is at 50%, however as soon as I hit decimation i rock the numbers like crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Zinkey is decimation that thing where you can cast soul fire faster but it is activated after you cast something on a target below some % of health ?
    One more question . As i noticed on WorldOfLogs warlocks seem pretty low . and i cant understand why this happens to a pure dps class ... many locks just qq about their dps . my bro among them

Deleted

sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Im not a lock my self but as i've noticed most Demonology locks dont do as much dps as affliction or destro.
    And that is why you shouldnt take the advice of someone who doesnt play a warlock.

I saw this and had to make an account to post. Destruction IS NOT better DPS than Demonology, anyone who tells you different either doesnt play a warlock, are just bad at playing any spec apart from Destruction, or are still in the frame of mind from a few patches back.

To clarify Affliction and Demonology are both better dps than Destruction. Dont listen to the bads saying destruction is better.

Deleted
    I am gearing towards icc25 man raiding since in our icc25 man raiding we allways got a spriest and a owl to give me hit so i dont think i am below hitcapped if i havent counted it wrong.
    I am trying to get the heroic muradin but a mage allways gets it infront me since either i roll bad or my dkp is kinda low atm.
    And when we had the DFO dropped i went allin and our mage officer had 10 more dkp than me so he took it
    So you guys doesnt think i got low haste/crit? can i gem in some other way or something?
    I got theese glyphs: Glyph of felguard, life tap, quick decay, undending breath, drain souls and souls.

Shouldnt i allways use COD on bosses? Even without any other lock doing coa or coe?
    Since sometimes i am the only lock in the raid. It is rare that we are more locks since our locks is kinda not active . I must say that in our guild we kill 11/12 bosses each week so we are progressing on LK normal.

The 4 piece tier bonus is VERY GOOD. Make the robe your next badge purchase.

For Demo, haste is significantly better than crit until you start nearing 50% haste. Spellpower is by far your best stat, haste will be 2nd (in terms of your own dps), with spirit and crit tying in 3rd (though Spirit will benefit the raid far more via Demonic Pact).

For curses, if you don't have a Boomkin, Unholy DK or another 'lock casting CoE, then you should always cast CoE. It will be an increase to your personal dps as well as a huge buff for the raid.

During Saurfang I never put corruption on beasts, just switch asap and nuke. Spending GCDs on casting DoTS that will never last their full duration is a definite dps loss that MAY be balanced with a lucky MC proc dps gain.

Your glyphs are fine.

The best ways to increase your dps are to improve the uptimes of your dots, spam harder to get more casts, and time your Meta with other buffs. For Saurfang I'll pre-pot and Meta at the start, then save the next Meta until our bloodlust at 25% health (with another WM pot).

The only other things to make sure of are that you're life tapped to full before any meta and before the boss decimate phase, and that during decimate you don't let the shadow mastery debuff drop off.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you guys doesnt think i got low haste/crit? can i gem in some other way or something?
    Your gems are fine the way they are. Your legs should have 3*23 sp as a 9sp socket bonus is only 3 sp per socket, but that's the only thing worth mentioning.
    You should change the following enchants:
    Legs: Brilliant Spellthread - 50sp 20spirit
    Feet: Tuskarr's Vitality - +15 stamina & increased run speed (seeing as you're above the hit cap)

and, as other people have said, max your professions. I'd recommend jewelcrafting and tailoring.

I got theese glyphs: Glyph of felguard, life tap, quick decay, undending breath, drain souls and souls.
    You can change felguard to metamorphosis if you want to. They're about equally good and I used felguard as well when I played, just want to let you know it's an option.

Shouldnt i allways use COD on bosses? Even without any other lock doing coa or coe?
    Since sometimes i am the only lock in the raid. It is rare that we are more locks since our locks is kinda not active . I must say that in our guild we kill 11/12 bosses each week so we are progressing on LK normal.
    Think of it this way:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CoD does around 20k damage, give or take. Say 30k just to prove my point.
    With 7.5k dps, you deal 2.250m damage in a five minute fight. 150k of this is from your CoD.

150/5 = 30k damage per minute.

Damage gained per minute: 30,000

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CoE increases your damage by 13%, but does not deal damage itself.
    You need to cast this once every five minutes.

Without CoD, you deal 2.1m damage in a five minute fight, which is 7k dps. CoE adds another 13%.

(2.1*0.13)-7000 = 266k additonal damage per five minutes. I've removed 7k damage for the second it takes to cast CoE, although you wouldn't have had time to get your dps up to 7k yet.

266/5 = 53.2k

Damage gained per minute: 53,200

As you can see, you deal (almost) two times the damage, not counting other spellcasters.

Note that there are talents giving spell-effects equal to CoE, and that doesnt stack. Boomkins (Earth and Moon) and unholy dk's (Ebon Plaguebringer) provide these and if you have either of these specs, you should use CoD.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

at your gear level your doing just fine. Focus on loosing the healer trinket asap and get the proper buffs to your chest and leggings. otherwise start trying for 25 man gear. Haste is your friend up to about 1500. spellpower will happen automatically with gear upgrades. good luck!