Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    OmFG Leap of Faith gives me the Faith that Priest will be the Season9 most OverPowerd Healer =PpPPppPppPPPpppppPppPpPp

RMP TROLLFACE!

Well, things are still very unfinished in beta. Curtain of frost is just horribad...
    ~Alexstrasza runs in, gets frozen for the ENTIRE battle then realizes she can breathe fire, jumps out, lets YOU kill him, then steals the spotlight with the whole BRAVE SOLDIERS THANK YOU FOR AIDING ME crap and goes on her merry way.
    Then again THERE MUST ALWAYS BE A EARTH ASPECT But then thrall GASP Takes Deathwings chin and becomes the new NELTHRALLION!

~Edit~ My past self must be some sort of a prophet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Only downside will be priests will be asked to use on specific players or people in fights.

The raid will decide what we use it for, not us
    So are you saying your guild has some players who are automatically counted as retards who cant avoid things etc? Man Im glad I have a great guild...

If you mean that you will be assigned to certain things like pulling people with marks on Halion back to the raid... Why not? I mean what else would the spell be for?

So many people think they will do shit like pulling melee from boss for fun but you will do it maybe once, get kicked right after... In theory paladins could do a lot with HoP on melees or tanks but do they do it? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    recoloured deathgrip says hi....

i hope they give it a smother glowing animation rather than a jagged line...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixelphlick View Post
    theoretically height won't matter... unless your talking about aesthetic
    I agree size means everything.

Deleted
    Rated Warsong Battleground:

Priests standing in a row pulling the flag carrier over the field in an instant will be lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Come to think of it, there are a *lot* of pretty cool new skills coming into action today.

Leap of Faith, Wild Mushroom, Demon Soul, Time Lapse, Dark Simulacrum, Heroic Leap, Spiritwalker's Grace, Smoke Bomb, Camouflage, Guardian of Ancient KINGS... well, that's all of them but they're all awesome!
    fixed and im also waiting for some feedback about it:P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethroy View Post

Priests standing in a row pulling the flag carrier over the field in an instant will be lol.
    When I get home, I'm soooo rerolling priest.
    Was gonna make a mage due to the fact that they can RUN while casting scorch and then proc INSTANT pyroblasts off of that, which none of those 2 spells cost mana, and there's also the fire dot thingy when you crit.
    But oh god, priest in WSG.. I'm in effin' love here. Human Female Priest, here I come! (Maybe worgen when race-change will be possible for new races)
    Last edited by Sonoka; 2010-09-01 at 11:17 AM. Reason: missed an 'n' :)

Questions about the spell:

-8 sec of Body and Soul are posible? Or Leap of Faith target is affected by Weakened Soul?
    -Spellcasts are interrupted?
    -Drinking is interrupted?
    -Can be casted while moving, swiming or falling?
    -Can be cast on falling targets?
    -Does it work with stuned players or mages in Ice Block?
    -Can be cast from a different floor? (for example warsong flag room)
    -Can be cast on self mind controled targets?
    -Can be casted on friendly NPCs?
    -Can be casted in Spirit of Redemption?

Argg, I want it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethir View Post
    Oh god I can see it now, a line of disc priests through WSG healing each other until the FC comes out of the tunnel then *yoink* *yoink* *yoink* *yoink* *yoink* *Horde has captured the alliance flag!*
    I can see Leap of Faith applying Weakened Soul to the target and requiring it not to be on the target in order to work if that'd happen.

Running back from a wipe I can just imagine priest's spamming it to get infront of everyone :<.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidur View Post
    I see Priests becoming an invaluable asset in Arenas and BG's for that very spell. Gonna love to see how it all plays out and the crap we can get up to.
    The last thing I want as a priest is to bring the dude that is being swarmed closer to me! Hoping I remain unfocused as much as possible, that dude can stay over there! Though, I imagine yanking a FC out of a cluster and then fear bombing them might be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by acenthehole View Post
    If you see anything about smoke bomb for rogues please link a video i wanna see its size and height...thank you.
    I imagine it will be like Night hounds smoke bomb on Heroes of Newerth if you have ever played that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
    For PvE I'm not THAT excited about this new spell:

Forcing people to click your lightwell? Ok, nice joke.
    Making people not get hit by Ony's fire breath - ok, you have found a usage for this spell.
    Saving dumb DPS from Coldflame, DnD, the missiles coming from the Alliance's gunship? Look, the problem with 'Leap of Faith' is that its on 1,5 minute cooldown and that you have to target the right player. It won't be useful for situations which can be solved by the target itself within one second (e.g. the target can just do a little sidestep out of the missile area in the moment you are going to cast LoF). The result is that you have lost this spell for the next 1,5 minutes, lost 32% of your base mana and you weren't able to heal for at least 1 second. Remember that you have to either click on the player directly or notice which player it is and click on his frame to do this spell.

This spell may be ok for situations where the targeted player cannot save itself within the next few seconds. If he will only get damage I will say: just shield/heal him, because LoF is also rather expensive.
    I never thought about it like that lol. You're completely right. Unless... maybe the DPS refuses to stop DPSing to get out of it, and you need to force him?

Also, think how OP this will be in PVP combined with PW:S and Body and Soul O:

Scenario: A flag carrier is running towards your team's base, getting piled on by the other team. You are a little bit ahead of him and you Life Grip him 25 yards forward, and he gets the B&S speed buff for 4 sec. Then when that's over, shield him, giving him another sprint

Edit: if it applies Weakened Soul, I bet it will be shorter than 15 sec
    Last edited by Marraphy; 2010-09-01 at 02:46 PM.
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

With a 1.5 minute cooldown I'd be surprised if it applied Weakened Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a world where healer mana matters, this spell won't even make it on the my bar, unless there is some crazy mechanic where you HAVE to Life Grip the tank or something. 32% base mana is WAY to high for me to use it on the melee who had to run out with the debuff to get him back to DPSing. Screw him, run back yourself, I'm not using 32% of my base mana for that.

It costs way to much to use for anything but the fight mechanic requires the spell, and that won't happen because then certain bosses would need a priest specifically, and blizz has the stupid "bring the player not the class" policy, so that will never be the case anymore, except maybe 25, but with 10 and 25 being the exact same in loot and mechanics, that won't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    In a world where healer mana matters, this spell won't even make it on the my bar, unless there is some crazy mechanic where you HAVE to Life Grip the tank or something. 32% base mana is WAY to high for me to use it on the melee who had to run out with the debuff to get him back to DPSing. Screw him, run back yourself, I'm not using 32% of my base mana for that.

It costs way to much to use for anything but the fight mechanic requires the spell, and that won't happen because then certain bosses would need a priest specifically, and blizz has the stupid "bring the player not the class" policy, so that will never be the case anymore, except maybe 25, but with 10 and 25 being the exact same in loot and mechanics, that won't be the case.
    So if yanking someone would avoid several heals and possibly a dispel you think that would never add up to being more efficient? I think there will always be situations where this is useful the skill part will be seeing them.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixelphlick View Post
    So if yanking someone would avoid several heals and possibly a dispel you think that would never add up to being more efficient? I think there will always be situations where this is useful the skill part will be seeing them.
    And again, I question this: If you see a rogue getting near 120% threat of the tank, do you pull him out?
    Of course not.
    A rogue has a lot of abilities to lower or redirect his threat. He may stun or blind the target with the threat. He also has some abilities to survive some blows. And the tank may increase his threat on the targets. If you pull out the rogue, not only you are using time and mana, the rogue also looses a lot of DPS.

There is no indication anywhere that LoF will cause 'Weakened Soul'.

This ability may be nice for PvP (I don't care) and may have some uses in some encounters when you plan a trick in advance - but that's it. It will also lead to a lot situations which may borderline abusing of game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethroy View Post

If anyone tries it, it will be put on a DR so it can't be done.