Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Beta Level Cap, Zul'gurub Raid Gone, Blue Posts

Mini blue posts update while we wait for the beta realms to go online.

Level Cap is now 85
    Originally Posted by Valnoth (Blue Tracker)
    Twilight Highlands and Uldum are now open and ready for testing. You will need to do both zones to reach max level. It should also be noted that neither zone is 100% complete. Please refer to the quest forum for feedback:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...753&sid=2000#0

Zul'gurub gone as a raid in Cataclysm
    Originally Posted by Valnoth (Blue Tracker)
    Zul'Gurub is gone as a raid instance come Cataclysm.

Streaming Launcher Improvements
    Originally Posted by Lylirra (Blue Tracker)
    We recently released a new Cataclysm beta launcher that allows you to stream game data while you play. We've received a lot of feedback from you regarding this new feature, and that feedback has allowed us to improve the player experience significantly.

In the next beta patch, you'll receive a new Cataclysm beta launcher that includes several updates to in-game streaming. Here's a quick preview of some of the upcoming changes:

• Improved three-stage progress bar
    • Download speed improvements
    • Detailed peer-to-peer connection information
    • Bandwidth detection, which will improve the play experience of those with low bandwidth
    • New UI with a Cataclysm-inspired theme
    • Many bug fixes

We encourage you to continue posting your feedback about the streaming launcher, as we're constantly looking for ways to get you into the game faster and more smoothly.

Thank you!

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Dungeons testing
    All dungeons should be available for testing. (Source)

[Feedback] Twilight Highlands
    Twilight Highlands is ready for testing. It is not yet fully implemented, so you will run into stopping points. Please keep all feedback in this thread.

• Level 84-85 (though for this push of the beta minimum level for quests has been set to 83. Enjoy getting pounded!)
    • Breadcrumbs from Stormwind and Orgrimmar (speak to Varian/Garrosh to begin) (Source)

[Feedback] Uldum
    Uldum is ready for testing. It is not yet fully implemented, so you will run into stopping points. Please keep all feedback in this thread.

• Level 83-84
    • Breadcrumbs from Deepholm (Reliquary and Explorers' League NPCs in Temple of Earth).
    • Quests start in southwestern Tanaris at the caravan. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Attacks Scaling
    Most of these attack still scale from weapon damage. We just changed them from say 200% weapon damage to 100% weapon damage with a higher attack power component. We want weapon damage to matter, but not quite as much as it does on live.

As an example, Chimera Shot now says: "An instant shot that causes weapon damage plus N, refreshing your Serpent Sting and triggering an effect depending on the venom on the target...". (Source)

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Seal of Insight
    Seal of Insight will improve your mana regen and self healing. It will give you a little of each if you only Judge and give you more (but not a broken amount) if you're ever in a position where you can melee the target. There is also a glyph to improve your healing while Insight is active. I'll concede that running a Seal is probably more important for a Ret or perhaps even Prot paladin than a Holy paladin, but there's still no reason not to do so. (Source)

Seal of Justice / Righteousness
    Seal of Righteousness and Seal of Justice didn't merge. Seal of Righteousness is unchanged. We just added a little damage to Seal of Justice so that paladins didn't have to give up all Seal damage (and talents etc. that affect them) in order to get the Justice effect. (Source)

Selfless Healer change
    We buffed it to 50/100% more healing when used on others (up from 30/60%). These numbers are unlikely to be final. (Source)

Shaman (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Thunderstorm removed from Elemental Reach
    It buffed Thunderstorm from 10 to 12 yards, which is pretty hard to even notice. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    New Life Tap
    Life Tap scaling with spellpower was proving hard to balance. We buffed Drain Life as well, so you should be able to Life Tap once and then Drain Life your way back up. (Source)

No more raptor/tiger farming?
    Great!

I wonder if they will make it into a 5 man dungeon like how we are able to farm the Deathcharger in Stratholme, Would be nice if they did, I don't think or rather I hope they won't remove the raptor and tiger mounts, seems a shame to.

Deleted
    ZG is gone /cry. Well at least it makes having the Tiger and Raptor Mounts worth more. From what I heard Questing takes you to ZG (non instance) so I guess that's probably one of the reasons, maybe plans to convert it into a 5 player dungeon at some point in the future too, who knows. Guess all we can really do is wait and see.

New Launcher looks even better than the Screenshot btw

This huge Build really makes up for the lack of things to test lately, loads of new Dungeons, raised level cap and new zones, awesome awesome awesome, not to mention.... ADDONS!

Ya lets remove more great content......

Deleted
    Just like Ghostcrawler to only answer half the question. >.> (regarding hunters)

wow no more ZG??? WTF?

They didn't say ZG is gone, they said that its gone *as a raid instance*.
    So like someone mentioned above, 5 man dungeon seems to fit history fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, getting rid of ZG really is lame unless they have a fantastic reason or something to take its place.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more ZG, That sucks... On another note, I WANNA PLAY THE BETA! =*(
    Last edited by Violent; 2010-09-01 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcriley View Post
    I sure hope this is the case. Love that place.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Do hope it's a 5 man. Kitty hasn't dropped for me
    They always have a way with words, but it most likely does imply that it's just not going to be a raid-zone anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crap, I gotta farm for that tiger more often, knowing this. Even if it's converted to a 5-player dungeon, the mount might get retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh lame, ZG was an awesome raid. ;_;

Actually if mounts drop from 5 man dungeon it will worthless even zulian tiger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
    I dont agree, since most people farming it today are doing it solo. So if its a 85 dungeon i guess it would be harder to get.

Damnit I've been farming for such a long time for the raptor. Let's hope it drops....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
    Yes, the mount will be utterly worthless. It will NOT get you from point A to point B.

Quote Originally Posted by mcriley View Post
    there wasn't ZG mentioned in either of the dungeon achievement lists either tho...

Zul'gurub gone as a raid in Cataclysm

Awwww I liked that raid . Lets hope it will be used as a 5-man instead.