Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ashkandi let down

did anyone else notice blizzard is making a model thats just ashkandi with some small differences? http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...2h_bwdraid.jpg

personally im kinda sad they are doing it =(

Welcome to the World Of Warcraft Post BC....They kinda ran out of originality at that point now they reuse the same model for most things.
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=39393 that one sort of looks like it 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthrang View Post
    Welcome to the World Of Warcraft Post BC....They kinda ran out of originality at that point now they reuse the same model for most things.
    Post BC?

You obviously didn't play during BC. Or classic. A shield out of Molten Core had the same graphic as a level 12 green. And there was a sword in Zul'Aman that was just a sword from Zul'Gurub upside down.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuiem View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=39393 that one sort of looks like it 2
    no it doesnt the design is different, but comparing that new sword to the origional. the hilt,crossguard and blade are the same. they just added some bulky parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    that model is just reused because it's so damn sexi

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    Yeah, I love most of the models of these new raids so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    the grimbatol 2h sword is by far the best

honor... no matter how dire the situation is, never forsake it!
    top 3 bands of all time:
    1. depeche mode
    2. pet shop boys
    3. new order

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    i will agree. its my second favorite sword. besides Corrupted Ashbringer /wrist (farmed for months never dropped) -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Post BC?

You obviously didn't play during BC. Or classic. A shield out of Molten Core had the same graphic as a level 12 green. And there was a sword in Zul'Aman that was just a sword from Zul'Gurub upside down.
    ^qft

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthrang View Post
    Ran out of originality, or re-used Ashkandi to please the nostalgia masses? I choose the latter.

It's one weapon of the dozens and dozens of new models they're creating that they reskin.. and it's not like it's a random weapon, it's one of the most iconic 2 handed weapons (next to the Hand of Rag, IMO) of vanilla wow most likely dropping from Nefarion. Only seems fitting to me since they're bringing back Nef they reskin this model and give players a second chance at crushing face with it.

I don't understand people like you who get bent out of shape as soon as they see a re-used model. I can understand if every model was reused, but its one sword. An awesome sword. Let it go and enjoy all the other brand new models bliz is introducing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    did anyone else notice blizzard is making a model thats just ashkandi with some small differences? http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...2h_bwdraid.jpg

For years, deep withing the Dwarven district of Stormwind, blacksmiths from around the Azeroth have been attempting to replicate the Great Sword of Stormwind once wielded by the man himself, Lothar. Many times they have failed, merely turning out epic Greatswords of Stormwind, but never legendary. The attempts continue to this day.

Deleted
    In TBC I only recall 2-3 raid weapon drops with the same model...almost every item had original look.Well anyhow it started in Ulduar with reusing models for every damn item.

The items are nice, I just find it sad all weapons look the same.

are you kidding me? they are bringing back the good weapon models, that actually look nice.. and you're complaining...

There have always been items that had the same graphic....BUT...there were also quite a few items that had unique designs......That got slower in BC then WotLK...and now it seems to have stopped in Cata based on what has been released....
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Ass-Candy ROCKS!

I don't see the reason to complain. Wouldn't you prefer the great models to be reused rather than rot as an item nobody uses anymore?

Personally I'd love a weapon reusing the dragonbreath hand cannon model.

And with the whole dragontheme going on + actually a new version of BWL (more or less, we're getting Nefarion again anyway) this might actually be possible. Seriously best ranged weapon ever.

And of course pineapple on a stick:
    http://static.wowhead.com/uploads/sc...rmal/55564.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post

interesting post. wait.. no, in fact it's annoying. why don't you cry about some new haircuts, or the fact that worgen will be added to the game, too?!

'Bring back the awesomeness of vanilla models, Blizz!'

'fucking Blizz, reusing old models... lazy.'

Make. Up. Your. MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND.
    (say it in Garrosh's voice, now.)

The original dropped in BWL. Is BWL still around in cata or is Blackwing descent taking over it's spot.

Anyways, Black dragons, a major volcano and people are complaining that a possible drop is a bit too familiar.