Switching to ali

Ok I was talking with some friends and they were thinking of going back to ali. Well we are horde and iv always been horde. My question is, what is a good tanking race for prot pally on ali. human, dwarf, or dranie?

human has a build in pvp trinket
    dwarf can increase armor and lose bleed effects ( and poisons?)
    dreanai got a 1%hit buff and a hot you can barely feel in pve

id say take dwarf and always raid drunk or take a human and use that pvp trinket when a boss does a fear ect.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacksauce View Post
    Ok I was talking with some friends and they were thinking of going back to ali. Well we are horde and iv always been horde. My question is, what is a good tanking race for prot pally on ali. human, dwarf, or dranie?
    Well, all of them are pretty good, but if you want a small bonus... Humans have a 3 exp bonus for Swords/Maces (Most tanking weapons) and dwarves have a 5 exp bonus for maces only. Now Draenei have the 1% hit bonus which can be pretty useful, and Gift of the Naaru might help if you ever decide to PvP for a quick HoT (IIRC, it's a HoT, but it might be a full heal).

I'd choose human since they have the "Remove any movement debuff/stuns" Racial, which is great for bosses that fear, and they got the exp. But the other 2 are pretty good too.

TL;DR: I'd choose human, but you can choose any of the three.

EDIT: Oh yes, forgot dwarves had Stoneform... Ya'know, that's a pretty good skill. To be honest, Human and dwarves are equal, draenei work if you PvP and can't heal I guess. But yea, your choice (No idea about any bleeds in ICC, but I haven't tanked much there and I'm a human). Dwarves have a nice active and the passive, but if you prefer swords because... Well, they are the BiS item, then go human, if you want maces, go dwarf. Yes, that's the big difference, unless the bosses snare/fear you, like Auriaya, then human all the way. (Besides, we got enough survivability, so the dwarf one isn't so awesome, but it can help).
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2010-09-01 at 05:17 PM.
    I won the game and all I got was this lousy signature.

Please; if you have any doubts about how to spec Google it, it'll be way faster than making a thread about it.

Deleted
    Dorf. Taller than a gnome, yet still small enough to get kicked around when you act retarded.

With racials changing at Cataclysm, it's not really worth basing your decision on on anything but what you'd prefer to play. On top of that, none of the tanks really offer a huge advantage over the others while tanking. So pick something that's aesthetically pleasing to you. Or, if you really want to please your new guild, go Dreanei.

Don't

(Dwarf for style! If you really need to)

Thanks for the advice