10+ Year Old Account

New prot item upgrade

So guys, got myself 60 frost emblems and i want to buy a new piece, now i could buy either the t10 shoulders or Gloves or the +228 stam trinket

at the moment ive got i245 shoulders and t9 gloves, im tempted to buy the gloves but ofc they can drop in VOA 10 and 25 ( which i run weekly) id be gutted to buy it then itd drop next week

the trinket however, is better than my brewfest one ( +170 stam, ilvl 200) and i gain a permenant 580 hp and 104 gearscore
    but if i decided to use it instead of icks rotting thumb, id gain 50 gearscore but a whopping 2280 hp and absorbs 6k damage but id lose the On use effect of the thumb which means id not get 4k hp every 3 minutes, ill leave it to you guys to help me

---------- Post added 2010-09-01 at 07:09 PM ----------

i forgot to add, this is all prot gear wise, the shoulders are the i245 shoulderplates of enduring order and the gloves are the t9 tank 232 gloves

link to your armory would be nice

do you have the cloak and belt already?

what are you currently using for chest/legs?

Sigh...gearscore.....

shoulders are not terrible to buy but if you can gt into heroic lootship on 25 which is stupid easy you can get those. I still use the trinket on a majority of icc fights, the dmg shield is meh but the flat stam is always nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont use gearscore but ofc my realm does, 5.5k for ICC, i just used this as a base for anyone who knows what im on about

ive got the ahune 232 cloak, t9 chest, conquest badge belt and t9 legs, cant get into any raid as a tank basically, so ive gotta rely on ret to get badges for prot

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...on&cn=Turaylon is armory
    Last edited by Martyn 470; 2010-09-02 at 09:45 PM.

for short, pick up only 2 pc t10, preferably head and shoulder, go for frost vendor chest, gloves and cloak, once u can afford it go for the belt too. Craft the tanking legs and boots. pick up shiled from icc10 same with weapon. all the extra armor on the vendor items make your stam worth more in physical damage fight, and you acrue more sockets with the vendor items as well as the crafted ones. trink is nice but u can make do with the toc 5 reg trink to start.

fill up with crafted bracers from ToC pattern. and icc5 gear where required till you get the other stuff.
    Last edited by Mmrdkm; 2010-09-02 at 11:42 PM. Reason: spelling

I would say get shoulders first and go for 2pc.
    Fairly substantial threat gain for single target and aoe.
    After that, replace your brewfest trinket.
    They are a massive "LOL I'm bad!" sign on your forehead.