10+ Year Old Account

What happens to multi class trinkets

I know Attack Power will be removed off of all gear in cataclysm, however what will they do in terms of trinkets that were meant to work across the board for all physical damage classes like http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50343/w...-fanged-skull/ & http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47131/deaths-verdict/ ? Will there be any more trinkets like them or will rouges/feral druids/ hunters get their own while warriors/ret paladins/death knights get their own.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure but they are only removing those stats from gear, not from the game entirely I thought.
    So maybe trinkets and buffs will still be able to give effects such as +attack power?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    I'm not sure but they are only removing those stats from gear, not from the game entirely I thought.
    So maybe trinkets and buffs will still be able to give effects such as +attack power?
    This most likely.

For instance, spellpower has been removed from gear, except for weapons, wouldn't surprise me if it showed up on select trinkets too, since both are meant to be important parts of your gear.

Fuck AP, remove expertise, I hate that shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Fuck AP, remove expertise, I hate that shit
    Show us on the paper doll where the bad stats touched you. What's so hard about hitting a 6.5% cap?

OT: They could simply change it so that it, somehow, changes stats based on the class wearing it. Anyone know if they're able to do that?
    Last edited by vareck; 2010-09-01 at 11:38 PM.

Pandaren were a mistake

think all attackpower, spellpower and mp5 trinkets will be redone to give Agility for the rogues/hunters/feraldruids and str for dks/paladins/warriors

10+ Year Old Account
    Similar to the Darkmoon Card: Greatness, or Death's Choice/Verdict, it could grant you a bonus based on your higher ability i.e. Str for plate-wearers and agi for ferals, rogues, hunters and enhance.

Or they just leave AP on trinkets.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by vareck View Post
    Show us on the paper doll where the bad stats touched you. What's so hard about hitting a 6.5% cap?

OT: They could simply change it so that it, somehow, changes stats based on the class wearing it. Anyone know if they're able to do that?
    You mean mastery rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    think all attackpower, spellpower and mp5 trinkets will be redone to give Agility for the rogues/hunters/feraldruids and str for dks/paladins/warriors
    Why would they redo spellpower/Mp5 trinkets to give agi to rogues?
    Any trinket that has spellpower baseline will just be converted to Int, and the Mp5 ones to spirit. AP ones are the sole exception, and they are rare anyway.
    Buffs will probably stay the way they are. The change is to base stats on items, AP and SP still exist.

Anyway, Blizz specified at the last BlizzCon that AP would stay as a stat for this exact purpose.

As for SP, you don't have the problem in the first place, since it is only granted by Int, though weapons still give bonus SP.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably leave AP on current trinkets. None of the new trinkets added in beta so far have AP on them.

yeah, but they also have nothing but the basic stats, either. compared to the on-use trinkets of tbc and wrath, the new trinkets seems a little boring, imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Well we did.* Some of us at least.* The rest of us evolved from monkeys, snakes, and particularly low quality toilet paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Chromie.* Chromie solves Everything.

Time paradox? What time paradox?
    Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    To be fair itemization was terrible in vanilla. LOVING THAT SPIRIT ON MY TANK GEAR OH YEA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiksmind87 View Post
    yeah, but they also have nothing but the basic stats, either. compared to the on-use trinkets of tbc and wrath, the new trinkets seems a little boring, imo
    Well, they're all blues and greens so far. Epics will probably look more like what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    You mean mastery rating?
    This. It's a one fix all stat. Everyone can use it, and then DPS/Tank/healer can be dignified with the proc/use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethir View Post
    This. It's a one fix all stat. Everyone can use it, and then DPS/Tank/healer can be dignified with the proc/use.
    The question is, how will blizzard use this stat.
    Will mastery>all itemization wise?
    Will it be good for some but not others? (this is bound to be true)
    Or will it simply be a stat that you either have or you don't (like using cloth over mail as shaman)