Deleted

Low dps on Sindragosa 10 Hc

I dont know what it is but on Sindragosa 10 hc, I can only seem to do around 5-6k dps where the rest off the group are doing around 9-11k. I have no idea why it is and on other fights I can keep up with them.

I have tried Frost DW and Unholy (frost sub spec) but both do the same dps.... Can anyone help with this? Is there something I am missing?

eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khadgar&cn=Amelzee

Also, we are using the zerg tactic
    Last edited by mmoc8edb8b2b8f; 2010-09-01 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Adding more info

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds about normal.

I'm somewhat surprised that the rest of your guild is posting numbers that high. I'd like to see a log of your attempts to get a better idea of what's going on.

Next time you do it, post the logs up on world of logs or something, so we can get a better idea of what's going on.

Deleted
    The guy who does are loggs wasnt in the raid tonight and the resto ff us have no idea how to use it properly

Deleted
    Try asking the other melee in your raid if they are doing anything special. You should have better luck as Unholy, as dual wield classes tend to get more stacks of the debuff, and so have to stop attacking more often.

consistant 10k on sindra HM 10 does seem rather high though...

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, took a look at your gear.

1. Stop gemming armor penetration until you can hit 90% with gems. Go back to strength.
    2. Upgrade your trinkets. HWT and DM:G outweigh those two trinkets by such a ridiculous amount, and are relatively easy to get.
    3. Drop down to 4/5 KM, put 1 point into subversion.
    4. Drop some expertise. Best place I can think of is to get the crafted legs.

Again, I want to see some logs so I can see what's going on.

Deleted
    Hey there, I'd just like to say that although your dps may look low, its more the damage you do, Your dps just shows an average amount across the whole fight, the whole fight in which your moving, stopping dps, getting frozen, doing a little dps on tombs, etc. So you could start with 10k dps and drop down to 6k across an average over the whole fight, On the note of your guildies do so high, I'd suggest the idea they're nuking tombs and therefor sustaining a high average dps.

I hope this somewhat helps to answer your question and if it doesn't I hope someone will soon.

9-11k sounds about right to be honest.

Wear 1 piece of frost resist gear. Don't stop dpsing in P1 to drop your stack. When she does the aoe, pop AMS so that it drops your stack (if you have one) and stay in to dps. If you're having terrible luck w/ stacks you can also use IBF if necessary.
    DPS the frost tombs in the air phase
    P2, nuke the crap out of her.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I'd say that if anything, as long as you're doing "decent", and staying alive, that essentially, you're more valuable than someone who does exceptional damage but dies a lot. Sindragosa Heroic in specific is completely about survival, with very little focus on "DPS before enrage".
    True when doing the normal method, but they are nuking in the last phase which is really the only survival phase. If you can't live through P1 and the air phases as a DK, you shouldn't be raiding.

Deleted
    Ok, re-gemmed to strength, with probably get DM:G and the crafted legs tomorrow then just saving up the rest of badges for the HWT. Hopfully next time I go to sindy hc, I will see a difference in my dps, if not, i will cry xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I still want to see a log of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelzee View Post
    Ok, re-gemmed to strength, with probably get DM:G and the crafted legs tomorrow then just saving up the rest of badges for the HWT. Hopfully next time I go to sindy hc, I will see a difference in my dps, if not, i will cry xD
    The problem isn't with your gear. If it was, you'd be having issues keeping up on all fights not just Sindy.
    The problem is with how you are doing the fight, most likely how you are handling your stack and air phases.

The gear suggestions posted above are all fine but they are minor and won't account for 3-4k dps.

Deleted
    Inv been talking with my GL aswell. He and another guildie are helping me with getting to crafted legs. Apart from the Sindy hc ones, they are BiS for me as i dont do ICC25 hcs. As for the trinket, the NES is pretty bad imo as a dk, but trinkets are something that never drop for me unfortunatly

Ehh. It's not a dps race fight. Everything else has really been said.

Strangely enough, I noticed melee stacks getting a lot higher in normal 25 versus heroic 25.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Deleted
    I'm usually topping the meters as Unholy on Sindragosa heroic, by far even... Also, I do have Shadowmourne which perhaps adds the by far, but even before when I used Bryn'Toll heroic, I was topping the meters. I never did Frost on heroic though, but on normal I was second on charts.

But as there's already been said, as long as you do decent and manage enrage timer, you should be fine.

Deleted
    Its just, my GL gives off because there is such a gap between the top dps and the lowest dps on that fight

Okay the ting is on Sindy HC and normal, Frost dps stacks up fucking quickly making them not able to attack for a while, this will mean ur dps may not be as high, while the strenght of the Frost lies more in 25 man where they can crit all of the tombs with 1 HB, Unholy on 10 man will definently be the higher dmg done, since Unholy do alot of DoT dmg and their diseases hit harder. Frost dps u'll need to time ur ams to max your RP gain and the Frost Strikes you put out. Remember in p3 you can use AMS to gain RP but NOT to reset ur stacks, i know from personal experience that going out resetting stacks then going in gaining a few stacks then casting AMS, your RP would be 130 at all time even how many FS you do. and you can reset your stacks when you hit 9-10.

i would personally say get WARTOKEN! it's good for frost dps, and it's better than ur needle scropion for Unholy if u go that way.

Please correct me if i'm wrong