Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Where are the Warlocks?

Hey guys, there is something horrible going on all over Azeroth and it is affecting both the Alliance and the Horde. Warlocks are disappearing. Now I can understand that the Wrath of the Lich King was all about Pallys and DKs, but what about the Burning Crusade? No major "good" warlocks anywhere. Shouldn't the demon expansion be related to warlocks? I only saw one warlock in WotLK and he kind of died in Crusader's Coliseum. Wilfred Fizzlebang will be remembered... as the gnome who made warlocks look like idiots. This made sense lore-wise, since Tirion said, "The loss of Wilfred Fizzlebang, while unfortunate, should be a lesson to those that dare dabble in dark magic," after Lord Jaraxxus is defeated. Cataclysm will be related to shaman and, to a lesser extent, druids because they're repairing the world after the cataclysm. Who else out there thinks that warlocks have a place in the lore and that they deserve a bigger place in WoW. I don't mean like racial leader important or even Tirion Fordring importance. Just add in some little things that show that warlocks are doing something in the alliance and horde. Especially since in Cataclysm the majority of races will have the option of becoming warlocks so maybe something about how that happened, if warlocks are being discriminated against more than usual. Comments, questions, ideas?

First of all, wasn't Teron Gorefiend (BC quest & BT boss) a warlock? He was Gul'dans apprentice, so I'd say so. Then there was Archimonde, one of the Eredar, maybe could be counter as a warlock.

Then in Cataclysm, I think the Twilight Cultists are pretty high on warlocks, am I right? Also, I think you could count Cho'Gall as a warlock.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am, dunno that much about em), but I think there's plenty of warlocks around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    First of all, wasn't Teron Gorefiend (BC quest & BT boss) a warlock? He was Gul'dans apprentice, so I'd say so. Then there was Archimonde, one of the Eredar, maybe could be counter as a warlock.

Then in Cataclysm, I think the Twilight Cultists are pretty high on warlocks, am I right? Also, I think you could count Cho'Gall as a warlock.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am, dunno that much about em), but I think there's plenty of warlocks around.
    So basically all lore warlocks on azeroth are evil right now

Well that would make sense considering Warlock means "oath-breaker" or something like that because they are Wizards who have denounced God. So technically speaking, they're all evil.

Quote Originally Posted by jpillz View Post
    Well that would make sense considering Warlock means "oath-breaker" or something like that because they are Wizards who have denounced God. So technically speaking, they're all evil.
    We're talking about wow warlocks, wow doesn't have any god to denounce.

He did say "good" warlocks.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpillz View Post
    There's a difference between self-serving and evil. I personally wouldn't mind a warlock around that we can't kill, I mean the alliance and horde have all these locks that still sort of do what their respective factions want (even though reasons may differ), surely there'd be one or two really powerful ones running around somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Asseuri View Post
    As I said, I don't know that much about all the warlocks in Azeroth, I only mentioned the ones I could think of. And yes, they're all evil.
    Even though warlocks may also fight for the good of course, I think the idea of demon summoning etcetera is usually attached to evil lore characters. The Light is for the good guys, the Dark for the bad guys.
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Teron was a death knight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm quite sure Teron Gorefiend was the first death knight, not the death knight we know of today, but the earliest version
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wilfred Fizzlebang was the last good warlock we had, god bless his soul his noble sacrifice will not be forgotten.

But seriously I don't think there are any "good" warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm quite sure Teron Gorefiend was the first death knight, not the death knight we know of today, but the earliest version
    This. Like I just said, Teron was a warlock who was slaughtered by Orgrim and had his soul placed into a body of a fallen Stormwind soldier by Gul'dan, becoming one of the first Death Knights.

The Death Knight that he was wasn't the same as the Death Knights we know today. Back then, they were more like liches in that they focused on magic as opposed to martial prowess.

I would think a person who makes pacts with demons to help them do things is not a particularly good person. If you knew a person in rl who made blood pacts/and or gave away a little bit of their soul to supposedly summon demons, you would probably not want to be around them much.

You're both right, Teron was the first sort-of Death Knight.

You might wanna check this list btw:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/List_of_warlocks

Even though I'm not a big wiki-fan, you might find some info in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Asseuri View Post
    yes, yes they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an endangered species now, and evil? Coooooool.

I've been thinking about this a bit as of late as well. More warlocks please.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I'm a warlock!
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be nice to at least have an "anti hero" sort of warlock around though. I mean, sure we're not the nicest of people but not all of us are signing up for the burning legion, either.

You're both right, Teron was the first sort-of Death Knight.

You might wanna check this list btw:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/List_of_warlocks

Even though I'm not a big wiki-fan, you might find some info in there.
    Going thru the list it looks like drek'thar is the best warlock on either horde/alliance. and he is stuck in AV getting killed by alliance thousands of times a day

All others warlocks are netural or evil according to the list