Thread: New 80?

New 80?

I blew about 1kg on the AH, trying to make a profit for my shaman that I earned through questing. That was towards some craftables that I know might be handy. I know that tanking bracers are nonexistent (until you raid) unless you buy the i245 bracers. Best investment ever on my main.

Anyways, I have about 16 bars to go, give or take. What would you do if you wanted to gear up your player asap at 79? I am thinking about questing till a half a bar in then doing a random for triumphs/xp then setting up a "loot list" and hitting up everywhere I have been.

What did you guys do at 79? Anything special?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Alterac valley.

AV? Why? Doesnt give that good of XP for losses.
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Then win,

I just like sitting atop the lvl bracket owning.

Deleted
    I was on my Warrior, roflstomping in WSG. It's ALOT of fun and it's really fast. (Kind of)

I'd say quest if you want to level fast, I did it in Scholozar Basin and Icecrown.
    Last edited by mmocd654363d31; 2010-09-02 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Missed out a Place

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if I sound confused, but I can't seem to grasp what you're looking for. Are you trying to get gear before you're 80 at 79 still? Are you trying to be as geared as you can be at 79 before you hit 80? If it's the first option, you could do the daily instance for triumphs every day and just get exp off of that if you don't want to spend gold on craftable gear. If it's the other option, just turn off quest exp in Stormwind ( he's in the room with the battlemasters) and get gear until you feel like hitting 80.

I don't buy my new 80's epic boe's unless they're tanks because you know...people depend on you to not die. Otherwise, I just grind out emblems, starting off usually by buying the full sets of level 78 crafted pvp gear, then slowly replacing it piece by piece. (I don't do dungeons along with way. Just leveling.)

Meh. Im sure I can do something nice but Im not too twinked out. Im usually somewhere on top 5 damage though, (lava burst...lolz) I definitely do have a fun time there, though :] Same with my pally.

But in terms of getting to 80 with good gear, is doing those IC group quests the best way, along with dungeons for the items I want? Trying to get this baddie into ICC10 asap without feeling like Im being carried.

---------- Post added 2010-09-01 at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Sorry if I sound confused, but I can't seem to grasp what you're looking for. Are you trying to get gear before you're 80 at 79 still? Are you trying to be as geared as you can be at 79 before you hit 80? If it's the first option, you could do the daily instance for triumphs every day and just get exp off of that if you don't want to spend gold on craftable gear. If it's the other option, just turn off quest exp in Stormwind ( he's in the room with the battlemasters) and get gear until you feel like hitting 80.
    I want to get the preHeroic BiS. Kinda like how classes have preraid BiS. and heroic ICC BiS..etc.
    :]
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'