Lich King Dead, DK starting zone?

Title says it all.

Will bolvar replace the lich king in the dk starting zone?

I don't know what's gonna happen, and I'm really wondering what's happening.

Anyone care to help a brother out?

(Sorry if this has been anwered before.)

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing will change

Theres no reason for the death knight starting zone to change. Its an accepted mechanic that zones in the game follow different time-lines. Frankly, as long as there is some grand quest-line at the end of icecrown that reveals what happened at the frozen throne then its all covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

The DK startingzone is surposed to happen BEFORE all the Northrend stuff happens... Therefore, LK will still be there.

Ah awesome, thanks guys =D

Deleted
    Well the most logical for them to do is to replace LK with Bolvar but then they would have to remake the events of the zone and the last battle...
    So I think they will do something like "what happen in the past" and then when you are done in the DK zone you will enter the present time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes this has been answered before.

The death knight starting area is, and always was in the past. That is why in game today you can go have a look around at the old scarlet town completely empty with scars of war around because the death knights have already conquered it.

In this past, the Lich King is still very much alive. Just because we killed Noth in Naxx doesn't mean he is goign to be removed from the flash back that is the death knight starting zone.

/end of discussion

15+ Year Old Account
    Search function has been functional for, oh, lets say about a month now, maybe more. This has been asked, dozens of times, multiple times a day. This is possibly one of the top 5 most asked questions on here.

Nothing major if at all is changing.

It's like watching a movie, sometimes you gotta stop thinking too much about it and just go with it, it's in the past, it will always be in the past, it's a fantasy game, accept it like that.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    The DK starter zone is like Gilneas 1-6. It's back in time

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah basically it's saying - while you're under LK's control he's alive. Once the Battle and Light's Hope happens and you are released it's all the same. When you go into Org/SW and declare your allegiance it's throws you into the current state where...Arthas is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda makes Northrend pointless if Bolvar is LK.

Deleted
    Set in the past...

The DK start zone is set before his death. Even though you'll be playing along par with Cataclysm, it will be before then... I think.