Thread: if you could..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Priest....it would be like impossible to die.....
    Defensive disc tanking with the firepower of a shadow priest? Yes, please.

As a druid, I would not say druid. As resto, I'd like to have typhoon and star fall sometimes, those would be handy. The feral stuff would be rather useless except to boost my defenses a little bit. As feral, I'd have no spellpower, so all the caster goodies would be meh.

As a shaman, I would like thunderstorm on my enhance and feral spirits on my elemental, add in earth shield and riptide... yeah, daddy likes that.

Nothing else jumps out at me.

The most pausible candidates would be DK, shaman, hunter priest and mage
    Druids are too dependant on gear/form. Paladins and warriors on weapon and stances and rogues on weapons
    I shamans would be most overpowered. Dual wield 2 spellcaster weapons, insane heals and damage, ghostwolfes for kiting
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Dual wield 2 spellcaster weapons
    No. Mages Hunters and possibly Rogues, Warriors.

Just imagine a fire mage with arcane power and icy veins popped + the 50% crit damage from arcane, that shit would hurt a lot, same with hunters using BW with the burst of MM and the extra stats from survival.

Warriros and rogues would have all their burst and damage and on top off that extra survivability and controll in the forms of waay more stuns and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love playing on my rogue. Killing Spree + Muta + Kidney Shot + Shadow Dance + Ambush = Dead caster then Shadowstep to your next victim.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

DKs:

Blood has immense self heals, imp. DS, tanking cooldowns, DRW, aboms might, WotN, HS aka the lol cleave, less spell damage taken, hysteria, +strength and stam, bloodworms.

Frost has +melee haste, attack speed slows, Hungering cold CC, hard hitting RP dump, decent range in HB, decent CD in unbreakable armour, improved slows from chains of ice

Unholy has slows (desecration), imp. Disease damage, premanent pet, with stuns, run speed increase, lower AotD cooldown, AMZ for more anti caster ability, and the gargoyle.

Imagine the sickening burst of a DK with UA, Hysteria, Gargoyle and AotD, as well as Ghoul stuns = literally globalled.

Plate + great self heals + imp str. +stam. from talents + pet with stuns + DG + all DK tanking CD's + 2 types of slows + immense anti magic capabilities = you are going to feel the PAIN.
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough

Every class would be really strong if you merge the spec of all 3 talents. Priest would be one of the strongest (in my opinion). I don't think Paladins would be as strong as you think, because if you're thinking of it as a DPS / survivability standpoint Druids & DK would be much better. Paladins would be hurt badly because of the mana issues. Mages would probably be "low" survivability wise, but hurt really bad. Same for Rogues.

I think Priest or Druid > Hunter or Warlock > DK or Warrior > Paladin > Rogue > Shaman or Mage? That's my order.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by high on waves View Post
    if you could fill all talent branches of every class, which do you think would be the most op?
    Paladin - Druid - Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    gonna have to go with:

1. druid
    2. pally
    3. shaman
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Id have to sy priest or war. Priest could go into shadow while maintaining all of the holy/disc buffs and keep the survivability, and if they got locked out of shadow form, they are hard enough to kill as is, so it would be almost impossible to kill em while they have all three maxed trees. Warrior, self heals from prot, mainhand 2 hander, off hand shield, bladstorm, uber stuns. GG say good bye to a one button class lol

Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post
    Warrior... Bladestorm with 2x 2handers?
    that was possible very early wrath but you couldnt zone into bgs or anything when it first came out you specced fury equipped your weapons respecced arms and then you go and duel out front of org and watch the insults and QQ fly

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Mages would be horrible compared to any other class.

Frostfire bolt would be massive, but being the slow spell it is it would still be very 'meh'

And due to the different elements half our tanlents would be useless to the other specs of mages.

Wouldn't be horrible but wouldnt be as good as a rogue with increase energy regen and overkill or a druid that could starfall while healing himself
    infinitely

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin IMO, but Druid would be close.

i feel like killing those who's saying DK's, because their mechanics simply doesent allow it.
    They dont got runes to do it, theres no rotation to fit this, and simply because all 3 trees got diffrent DPS/tanking mechanics.
    it would be VERY impractical, and would just suck IMO.
    it would simply only be a huge stat increase really.
    Last edited by freezion; 2010-09-02 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Typo's

Deleted
    Well the Chuck norris class can already fill the three specs: Arms, Legs, Chin/Beard.
    I'd keep it with priests.

I will have to say a warlock would be the most overpowered... All their dots, any spell packs a punch and they have some nice pets and CD's. Come cata even more shiney stuff.
    Some would say warrior, titan's grip + Bladestorm = fail. Even if you do have a wep chain on it to not be disarmed the -10% dmg in pvp will suck, pve wise they will do decent dmg a lot above average but people would have to choose stances, you either get extra crit, or extra armor pen. Personally I am armor pen capped but that would mean I can not use half of my newfound moves as a warrior IE Stancedancing is bad!
    Some would say a rouge would be OP, but not really... most of thier moves are based upon certain weapons or certain rotations that require some slight skill to play, and ya they would pwn in pvp more then they already do(just saying they pwn most people not all cause of stunlocks) Really they would not be the best either.
    Druid would be one of the worst, because ya you can shift into anything and do some nice dmg.... but really its the same thing as a warrior, the stance dancing or in this case shapshifting. I mean if you spec into resto, balance and feral.... nice buffs really but besides that you would still have to pick one, cause i would die of laughter if I saw a boomie running around with no hit rating gear and some agility on. Only good part to a druid would be a lot of high crit rating healers if they spec'd into all.
    Pally would run into the same issue, since you can play as any roll besides caster dps you have to gear for different things, only thing viable for it would be lots of tank gear and stack strength so you hit decently hard but dont go down fast.
    Priest would also run into the warrior/druid issue with stance dancing, as we all know using anything but shadow moves would take you out of shadow form and into reg. form. Healing wise they would become the best healers hands down no question.
    If you look at the shammy its also like the resto/balance druid thing, most you could do to be useful would be a healer with a hell of a lot of crit which would be good for shammies through their resto talents. And for anyone saying, Dual wield 2 1h healing weps!!! You can't the spec in game currently would work but you will not find any actual 1h healing weapons worth using in high end content, most of it would be from vanilla or a few TBC, you will not find a 1h healing wep in WOLK.
    Some people are thinking mages would pwn face, but really they would not. Because really a mage with all 3 specs would only use either some fire spells or arcane spells because frost is terrible for pve, pvp wise they would be decent but they would have a lot of moves. Pve wise it would just be the reg. spamming of the arcane spells with some fire dots mixed in and a chance at pyroblast proc from hot streak. PVP wise it would just be instant cast spells out the whazoo and then frost nova then blink and run till you have killed or have been killed yourself.
    Hunters would be ok, some people would compare them to a warlock in the aspect that it is all dps and you have insane pets. Yes that would be nice but you have much too many factors to put into play. If your pet would die BOOM half of your dps cut! Bm would in turn make half your dps your pets. And there are still talents that make your dps go up if your pet is alive. All the extra moves would actually cut your dps on a boss. IE since we all know MM is the top dps spec currently, if you threw a black arrow onto the boss for extra dmg, or an explosive shot even it would in turn decrease your dmg done on the boss. Some would say they would become the best in pvp, not really... they would have a few more dazes but it would take 1 person to get in your face and you would be done for. Like a warrior in your face, bladestorms after you have popped deterrence and the hunter move that shoots you away(forgot the name) your pet would almost be dead if it is not already cause bladestorm is that OP, then you try to kite they will catch up to you and kill your face in.
    Now to the dk... the crown jewel of fail!
    I have made a Dk I wont deny it, but they are not really a good class overall...
    If you unlocked all 3 talent trees you would never dual weild frost... ever. I say this because frost has points in it for 2h weps, and so do the other trees. Can you see a dual weild dk using mainly unholy moves?
    Either way if you had all 3 talent trees you would waste runes and runic power. Lets say you get maxed out at 120(including the talent for dks in the frost tree) runic power... now what CD should you pop... rune wep? gargolye?... thats where it gets tough. Now this next statement can be debated but whenever I play as a class with a 2h wep, haste really does not help me too much so going into the icy talons would actually hurt the dps if you are using 2h weps. That goes for pvp and pve.

Overall I still say warlock, because of all the dots, and any rotation is easy to play along with a strong pet for pvp or pve.(pvp just fearspam and dot like hell then spam the big firespells till death)

But this is the reason why blizzard did not give every class all of their trees at the same time, it just would not work out it would cause chaos and people would never get anything done because you would have noobs who think they can tank while dual weilding a s sheild and some 2h axe with a warrior or run into the same issue when Dk's first came out... everyone thought since its a level 55 plate wearer you can tank with him and they are by rights the best tank ever.
    You would have people who think they can heal when they have no clue and should just stick to dps.
    This is the reason blizzard did it. That's why it will never happen.

P.s. OP, and everyone out there, don't keep posting these... if you really want to find out go get a private server with a level cap of 255 and play out every class at that level with all 3 trees filled out in pvp or pve it's the best way.

Priest would probably dominate pretty well... As said before, most 'hybrid' classes face the problem of gearing... Sure, a paladin would be quite powerful, but in the end, they would have to either gear ret, prot, holy, or a hybrid, significantly reducing their ability to perform the other roles. Same with Druid, you would have Moonkin, but if you're geared for Feral, you're not going to do much anyway.

Most 'pure' classes would benefit greatly... Rogues, Hunters, Warlocks, and Mages can more or less share gear between all specs, maybe not optimally, but enough to get the job done... Priests have this same benefit, while also being able to heal... Think about it... Holy and Discipline are in their own respects powerful healing trees, just being able to have those two trees full would make them the most powerful healer hands down. On top of that, having the Shadow Tree full would give you the opportunity to dish out some serious damage... Vamperic Embrace + Discipline's PW:S, The ability to easily drop shadow-form to heal better than anyone else, all while having the gear to at least be competitive in all three specs at the same time... You'd probably tear most everyone else apart...

Warlock would be a close contender as well... Dots from Affliction, DD from Destruction, and your demon from Demonology, all together with some decent self healing, you would be quite a force to deal with... It would be hard to juggle an optimal rotation, but if you could keep some Dots rolling and throw out some Chaos Bolts, you're likely to tear people up. Still don't think it would be possible to get enough from Affliction and Destruction going to overcome the Priest, fairly likely to wind up on equal footing though...
    Last edited by Fergand; 2010-09-02 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Warlock

Priest, too many defensive cooldowns to use from every tree plus annoying shadow damage.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.