Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Both factions came out darker from Northrend, that's what Metzen meant. That's why both factions are warlike right now, everyone is tired and want to deal with the problems once and for all.

im leaving my hearth there
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    I'm guessing a little bit of our patience and in a lot of cases a whole lot of skill, judging by how terrible WotLK dungeons have made everyone (as evidenced by running Cataclysm dungeons with randoms).
    definitely our skill is left there, and the first half of cata will be used to make ppl find it in the frozen desert, so that we can finaly start progressing in the raids :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
    im leaving my hearth there
    My Hearth is still in Shatt.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I really like this topic ...
    REAL ID was merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account
    I left many troll shaped skeletons there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The southernmost capital city in the world, NZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Llorian View Post
    This is what I was referring to in my post. World of Warcraft is a role playing game and in the eyes of some our characters are real, like in the eyes of this poster.

This kind of thing is not for everyone, but I strongly believe this is the piece of us left behind. Our characters have committed and witnessed atrocities and had their limits, senses, emotions and moral boundaries pushed to their limits in this expansion, from an RP perspective.

In terms of immersion Burning Crusade came no where near Wrath, for me personally, and after everything that's transpired you could say a little piece of them has died and they've lost a part of themselves in Northrend.

You tend to see this in real life. When a soldier comes home from war, sometimes they find it hard to adapt, because being in that kind of environment, doing what they do, it changes you. You feel like you've lost a piece of the puzzle that makes you, you. I imagine this is what Metzen meant, regarding our characters. They are like soldiers coming home from war, that have left a part of themselves in the frozen wastes of Northrend.
    Too true. In comparison with Vanilla and BC, Wrath is far more 1000-yard stare-inducing, roleplay or no roleplay. The Wrathgate incident was just one example.

10+ Year Old Account
    In-universe, we all came home a little more bitter and a little more jaded. We came into Northrend riding high on our victory against the Legion in Outland and at the Sunwell, only for things to go straight to hell and back and we just barely get by on the skin of our teeth at Icecrown Citadel. We've seen good men die over stupid reasons, we've seen a tense ceasefire die when tempers flared up, we've stared into the Abyss, and it stared back. That's the sort of thing that changes a man, and I think that's what Metzen meant--it's not so much us the players (though we might've left something up there, too) as it is the characters we play.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Some of us left our old tbc epics there, so yes we left a part of ourselves that we worked hard for with blood, sweat and loot dramaz

I left a whole lot of corpses up there.

Not mine, mind you.
    Nyuthing!

That would be amazing, if part of the world event for cata, dalaran crashed into crystal song.

I'm pretty sure that guy I camped for an hour strait is going to leave himself up in Northrend.

At least until server reset.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    Only a couple of people have realised that we've left a massive lore character by the name of Bolvar there. You know, not like he hasn't been involved massively throughout most of wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potentmage View Post
    Only a couple of people have realised that we've left a massive lore character by the name of Bolvar there. You know, not like he hasn't been involved massively throughout most of wow...
    He hasn't been.

He was just there, sitting in Stormwind keeping the throne warm for Varian. The only time he truly did anything was during the Ony attunement chain.

Not really a massive lore character when you have Tyrande, Thrall and Sylvanas as some of the faction leaders. :/

Lol, think about it. Lorewise we have been waiting to kill Arthas since the end of the Frozen thrown Expansion for WC3.

Vanilla hinted at the Plagues damage leading up the original Naxx, and BC was a side tour/distraction from the Lich King Story line. We are for the first time not on a path set in motion in WC3, we are in all new territory most of the old world being revamped.

What we left behind is (other then hundreds of hours of game play) is the Warcraft we all knew.

15+ Year Old Account
    We're all allowed to have 'Nam inspired flashbacks for the sake of everyone to RP.
    Got it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i left some g at the mount vendor in dal
    hey i´d mate with Onyxia and now i have an army of Gnogons and Dralls

Eyesight.

I left a "present" on the throne of the lich king.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by arteous View Post
    well. . There was this one night i really got drunk so bad i know i woke up in the blue chick village in storm peaks ... Wonder if i left something there hrmm...
    Na..

Well .. We are leaving our good top end gear again to become average scrub person just like everyone easle.. Just like every expansion so far...

Some how i think blue will send us back.

achtung grammar nazi!