Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Inscription in Cata

How the hell do they expect us to make money if glyphs are no longer consumable? That is some BS.

i agree major bs

Don't we already have like 4 threads about this?

You make money from the cataclysm darkmoon cards and vellums. Same way you make money now.

Also you make sigils/relics/totems/librams for the classes that use them.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    roll a proper profession harhar

I'd expect to see a huge increase in cost of Glyphs now that they're permanent...

sorry if there were more posts about this i just got home and saw this shit and was like wtf

Quote Originally Posted by martinkaca View Post
    Just charge more for the glyphs in the first place?
    wont work as we would have for example 10 scribes doing it there is always some idiot undercutting with 60% or so

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    roll a proper profession harhar
    i lol'd
    No, but seriously.. there's not many more CRAFTING proffs that make money out there than just Jewelcrafting / Enchanting.. all others pretty much lack.. 'needness'.
    I however, will like the shoulder enchant with 130int + x crit for my holy pala
    (After I reroll inscript

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Well for one thing you have the ability to create random Darkmoon cards, and from what I saw recently, the ability to create random recipes as well for all main crafting professions.

Surely there's some money to be had in that. In any case, "glyphs" have never been a major source of an inscribers income. Unless you count the occasions when inscribers charge rediculous amounts of gold for certain glyphs. A major glyph can range in cost between 5g and 100g on my realm despite using exactly the same materials.
    and glyphs are a very good stable income u use 1k for mats and u make 3k gold over a week just by reposting all the glyphs everyday takes u 15min a day work

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by martinkaca View Post
    Just charge more for the glyphs in the first place?
    Glyphs are no longer a consumable item.
    I'm pretty sure that means they are not crafted anymore, like.. at all.
    And probably learned from a proffesion trainer.
    Even a one-time use is called 'consumable'.. even if it's then permanent.
    That's why I think they will be trained.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    I'd expect to see a huge increase in cost of Glyphs now that they're permanent...
    with supply being the same and demand dropping? it will be opposite. Price of glyphs will be steadily dropping to a point when most scribes decide its not worth spending hours on reposting glyphs on AH for a small profit. Then there will only few remain keeping the price at the same low level.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Also, you can make Fortunes which sell to the vendor for between 10s and 5k gold. Sounds like some nice money to be made there.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    we can hope

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Also, you can make Fortunes which sell to the vendor for between 10s and 5k gold. Sounds like some nice money to be made there.
    what is this u talkin about?

Deleted
    Whining withouth seeing all the change in a profession and all the new possible recipe it's just pointless just have a little patience

Deleted
    I'm sure i heard somewhere that they'll give inscription something sell able other than Darkmoon cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoka View Post
    I'm pretty sure that means they are not crafted anymore, like.. at all.
    And probably learned from a proffesion trainer.
    Even a one-time use is called 'consumable'.. even if it's then permanent.
    That's why I think they will be trained.
    They're not trained. It's just a slight flaw in Boubouille's wording, he's assuming we all know this right now. Scribes still make them. But now they're one-time consumables teaching us the glyph. They work like [Codex of Shadow Protection II], for example.

Im a mage and i had Tailoring / Inscription.
    as soon as I saw that glyphs are permanent i RErolled Tailoring / Engineering.
    and now i really love engineering.. the haste on gloves, jeeves, mailbox, mounts,

You'll still have trinkets and such. Welcome to the life of having bs which you do combines and make belt buckles.