Thread: Warrior Glyphs

Deleted

Warrior Glyphs

The new glyph posted on the site seem really cool, especially the unique ones (and pretty awesome in pvp) such as

*Grounding Totem *New* - When your Grounding Totem absorbs a spell, it attempts to reflect that spell on its caster, but the cooldown of your Grounding Totem is increased by 45 sec.

*Shamanistic Rage *New* - Activating your Shamanistic Rage ability also cleanses you of all dispellable Magic debuffs.

*Hemorrhage - Your Hemorrhage ability also causes the target to bleed, dealing 40% of the direct strike's damage over 24 sec.

However, in comparison, the warrior ones seem kinda bland and uninteresting, mostly increase dmg/crit change of that ability by 5/10%. Now, i'm hoping these are only prime glyphs and we get something pretty cool too for our major ones.

Also, Heroic Throw *New* - Your Heroic Throw applies a stack of Sunder Armor. seems pretty boring too seeing as it saves you 15 rage once every 1min/30sec...Unless it's a minor glyph, then it's pretty nice.

Keep in mind that there probably are loads more glyphs incoming. With three glyph types, I imagine there are going to be more glyphs than ever.

We probably haven't seen the cool ones yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Keep in mind that there probably are loads more glyphs incoming. With three glyph types, I imagine there are going to be more glyphs than ever.

We probably haven't seen the cool ones yet.
    I agree.

The heroic thrown glyph combined with reduced CD from Prot tree looks pretty sexey to me although it seems a bit poor if it's a primal glyph. If it's medium I would definitly consider this for raid tanking. Awesome range pull tool.

WTB more glyphs !

Deleted
    The Heroic Throw-glyph may be designed for those Warriors who have to apply sunders in raids.

But the glyphs revealed now are certainly quite bland. How come Blizz philosophy with talents is "there should be no/few mandatory talents" and then implement no-brainers like Bloodthirst and Raging Blow. :/

I can't wait for the entire rack of glyphs! <3

The more they make the more people will start min maxing and saying
    "if you don't take this one you're bar wurriur lulz"
    hopefully they are more about customizing your gameplay/playstyle.

Well.

Regarding prime glyphs already known on other classes (Rogue, Chaman, Mage, Paladin that is) dont expect anything original for prime glyphs. All prime glyphs are no brainers so far, and theorycrafters wont need a long time to sort out which glyphs work better for a given situation.

Major looks somehow fun, or at least original.

Minor are pretty much the same so far, they seem a bit more usefull though.

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 03:57 PM ----------

Found this on official forums, copying pasting :

Prime Glyph :
    -Bladestorm: reduces CD by 15 sec
    -Mortal Strike: Increase dmg by 10%
    -Raging Blow: reduce CD by 1 second (currently reduces CD from 6 sec to 4.5 sec so might be a tooltip bug or it could be a gameplay bug)
    -Slam: increase crit chance by 5%
    -Bloodthirst: increase dmg by 10%
    -Colossus Smash: refreshes the cooldown (I'm assuming it means duration) of sunder armor stacks on the target
    -Devastate: crit chance by 5%
    -Overpower: dmg by 10%
    -Revenge: dmg by 10%
    -Shield Slam: dmg by 10%

Major Glyphs:
    -Cleave: hits 1 extra target
    -Heroic throw: applies a stack of sunder
    -Long Charge: increases range by 5 yards
    -Hamstring: 10% chance to immobilize for 5 sec
    -Intervene: 1 extra intervene charge
    -Rapid Charge: reduce CD by 7%
    -Resonating Power: reduce rage cost by 5
    -Shield wall: reduce dmg taken by 20% but increases CD by 2 min (Doesn't seem worded correctly)
    -Shockwave: reduce CD by 3 sec
    -Spell reflect: reduce CD by 1 sec
    -Sunder armor: SA affects a second target
    -Sweeping strikes: no rage cost
    -Thunderclap: radius increased by 2 yards
    -Victory rush: increase healing by 10%

Minor glyphs:
    -Battle: increase duration by 2 min and area of effect by something
    -Bloodrage: reduces health cost to zero
    -Command: same as battle
    -Bloody healing: increase healing from bloodthirst by 100%
    -Demoralizing shout: increases duration by something and area of effect by 50%
    -Enduring victory: increases duration to use VR by 5 sec
    -Furious sundering: Reduces rage cost of sunder by something
    -Intimidating shout: targets no longer move faster when feared
    And GC answer to this post :

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Some of those glyphs don't look correct. Colossus Smash is a major. Hamstring doesn't do that anymore. Shield Wall provides 60% damage reduction but on a longer cooldown. That's just off the top of my head.

Prime glyphs aren't going to be exciting in a "change up your rotation" style. We want primes to be unambiguous dps (etc.) increases so we figured they might as well be easy to understand rather than something so convoluted that everyone would just go to a fansite to see which 3 to pick.

The majors are more interesting, because they are either not dps increases at all, or dps increases in ways that are tricky to math out. We think players will debate and geek out more about which majors to use, and with the new glyph design, swapping them out once in awhile isn't very painful.

Minors are basically convenience or fun.

We don't want glyphs to change rotations. We feel that was a mistake in LK. Talents should affect your rotations, and glyphs should just provide a little bit of customization and power. We fixed some class problems with glyphs in LK, which was an easy solution to do at the time, but now is the time to undo all of that and let the classes stand on their own without the glyphs.
    Last edited by Alianthos; 2010-09-02 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, as Fury PVE, I'd rather have some of the minor glyph be major. The only ones I can see of any usefulness for fury are cleave and heroic throw... all the others are sorta useless, except maybe sunder and tclap for trash (stance dance to tclap when ww is on CD), and even cleave/heroic throw glyphs are marginal for single target (which there will be a lot more of in cata). The bthirst healing increase, demo shout, intimidating shout, furious sunder and of course the 3 old minor glyphs all look very usefull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Also continuing what Alianthos started regarding glyphs (simplicity/complications):

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A few things:

First, it would be a weird world in which a warrior say could glyph Charge and Battle Shout but not Mortal Strike. It might make sense to savvy players who thought through it, but I'd wager you'd also see a lot of "Why don't they make glyphs that affect the buttons I care most about? Blizzard is dumb." (And to be clear, the point of that is not to defend ourselves against agitated forum posters, but that if something in the game is confusing like that in can get in the way of having fun.)

Second, gaining power when you level up is fun. Hitting a milestone where you get a noticeable damage bonus is fun. There is also some mildly interesting decisions about which prime glyph to use first. In other words, don't view everything through the lens of the maximum level player.

Third, not everything in the game needs to be a nail-biting decision. We don't for example really want Fury warriors to stress about whether to choose Raging Blow or not, nor we do we make it particularly challenging to choose your weapon enchant. Sometimes easy decisions make players feel more comfortable rather than every potential decision having a host of invisible pitfalls. This isn't an issue of catering to the dumb players -- it's more about there being a few safe places in the game. [I feel nearly certain after re-reading that paragraph that it's going to be hard to understand and I will end up having to clarify it for months to come.]

Finally, I'd argue that the popular glyphs on live today already were the no brainers because in most cases they led to a consistent dps increase (for dps specs of course). When everyone uses those glyphs, then you aren't making some interesting decision about how to use your abilities -- you're just doing what every other warrior out there is doing. The only way to deviate from that is to have two glyphs that affect your primary abilities in two totally different but equal ways. That's a very tall order, because more than likely we'll end up having to constantly adjust around that. "Encounter #4 in Grim Batol is unfair to warriors who use the Glyph of Furious Mortal Strikes instead of the Glyph of Meaty Mortal Strikes." What I mean is that we end up having to support multiple play styles within one tree. We're willing to do that to a limited extent (the TG vs. SMF Fury warrior for example, or the FFB mage), but it's hard enough to develop 1-2 viable rotations per spec. We don't want every important glyph bifurcating that rotation even more.

Radux, do you know that "Orange" is the biggest french phone company ?

Just wanted to say that, because it's weird to see this in an MMMOC avatar, and on the back on my phone as well xD

Deleted
    Long Charge: increases range by 5 yards

So now we get a major glpyh to do what a minor glyph does on live? Awesome...

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Radux, do you know that "Orange" is the biggest french phone company ?

Just wanted to say that, because it's weird to see this in an MMMOC avatar, and on the back on my phone as well xD
    Ha. I had no idea. I guess that means I have to change my avatar. Thanks for ruining it.