Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I miss the old Astranaar raids with 40 lvl 15-20 guys and lvl 40 Astranaar guards that could slay the entire raid

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss having to travel vor half an hour to a new ara because I don´t know the way and have no mount and actually ENJOYING the walk.
    I remember travelling trough STV the first time and just thinking "Wow, this really is a jungle!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    so I still remember most of this stuff and am not a total ignorant elitist who forgot how he started as a newbie too.
    Lies. Elitists were never noobs. They learned every aspect of gameplay from the box alone. At level one, a hardcore player could already pug EGC.

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    This is so true. I no longer have fun in this game. My first toon took over six months to level to 70, when I started playing early in bc. I had so much fun. Not knowing things, exploring this huge world. But now what? I created an alt and within 3 days he was over level 40. And I dreaded leveling - it was just absolutely boring. I know, I know, I could level slower. But I just can't. I just can't enjoy it like my first toon.
    THIS. IN EVERY WAY. I still have fun, but it's not the same. I remember running round with my RaF buddy. We were such noobs, and explored everything together, and we found the most awesome sights (like when we found CoT, I told her to look at the sky), and levelled together. We did everything together... Then we hit 60. She got a boyfriend pretty soon after. I wanted to keep levelling together, and exploring shit, but her BF was like 'Dude, it's pointless. RaF stops at 60. She ain't gonna level with you anymore." That killed a BIG part of enjoyment in my game. >_>

I also took about 5 months from starting to hit 70. I then quit for 3 months, came back, got WotLK, and spent another 2 months levelling to 80.

Now I'm making a druid alt purely to farm extra emblems per week for primordial saronite for gold, (and will do the same with the new emblems in cata.) but I hate levelling it. It's not the same, because I level so slow. I've made it to 65 in a span of about 6 months, and haven't played it in about 2 months. I'd rather farm achievements on my main.

Deleted
    I miss trying to level every aspect of my character lockpicking, skinning, leatherworking, first aid, fishing, cooking, all from level 1.
    I miss Uldaman being the largest most epic instance I had ever seen.
    I miss travelling to SFK with no mount, risking my life to get to the instance. What if the horde attacked me? :O
    I miss chilling with my friends doing fun things that got you no where in the game, like naked runs and world PvP.

Now you guys have reminded me why I liked this game 5 years ago I suddenly realise I need to play something else till cata comes out. I play for all the wrong reasons.

heres to hoping Cata will bring that feeling back *raises glass*

I miss

buying 2 shields accidentally (very expensive for lowlvl) and saying to myself: crap I can't reload because you can't save in this game

for almost deleting my first char because I didn't knew how to unlearn a profession because I picked the wrong one.

when I bought auctions with bid first and then buyout.

when I flew over Burning Steppes and Searing Gorge and see those lvl60 questing. Woow hardcore area.

when my brother said: "Look at this" to see an epic mount.

Didn't knew how to use talents untill lvl 40

3 months farm for my Hide of the Wild

Being very happy to mine 2 arcane crystals from one vein. I needed those for the pala epic mount quest.

I just remembered a lvl 40 warrior talking to me in some Unknown language to Stranglethorn Vale to be his healer at lvl 23.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Deleted

Unhappy

I miss when it didn't matter than I'm a noob clicker who can't raid and doesn't have all the uberleet achievements like everyone else
    I miss messing up my camera at level 2 and walking around trying to get it back to normal and ending up in Darnassus and walking into a wall
    I miss fishing in Auberdine with my first guildmate, cooking some fish and chilling under the moon on our little island in the sea
    I miss when WoW was fun, an adventure - laughing as I stormed around Deadmines with some new FRIENDS and explored Westfall, not a care in the world.

Cataclysm can't bring it back. Nothing can.
    Last edited by mmoce6e4ec6ff7; 2010-09-02 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    This is so true. I no longer have fun in this game. My first toon took over six months to level to 70, when I started playing early in bc. I had so much fun. Not knowing things, exploring this huge world. But now what? I created an alt and within 3 days he was over level 40. And I dreaded leveling - it was just absolutely boring. I know, I know, I could level slower. But I just can't. I just can't enjoy it like my first toon.
    That's called nostalgia, not missing something you liked.

6 months for leveling IS NOT FUN (and anyways, 6 months? were you botting grinding mobs in the same place forever?)

4 hours to run/sail from Org to UC to learn weapons's skills IS NOT FUN.

The only fun part about a new game is that...IS NEW.

Everything looks incredible, everything looks interesting.

Then, almost 6 years after, you'll come to understand that it was a very unfinished, unbalanced, boring and repetitive kind of play, BUT you can remember "the good 'ol times", so everything becomes "fun" to your eyes.

my first night of wow IF was attacked by hordes, i saw some of them running from gnomeregan and decided to call if out in localdefense (took a while to figure out how to) anyway after talking in it i noticed this symbol at the portrait and wondered what it was. Didnt take long until i learned that's the PVP tag.

I miss my first dungeon experience, as most alliance players it was DM. The whole instance felt so awesome, especially Mr. Smite and his "You landlubbers are tougher than i thought. I'll have to improvise!"

my borther told me about this dungeon in barrens, so me and a friend who started at the same time as d did ran through stv at level 20-25 and then tried to 2 man it... didnt end to well.

i miss my first raid, which was ZG.

i miss the feeling of getting my first epic, it was the sword from sunken temple.

i miss the feeling of finally upgrading my 60% mount to a 100% mount, it's so fast!!!

i miss doing the scholomance part of my charger quest.

i miss running around spamming "looking for enchanter beastslaying".

god i miss being new to the game
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

10+ Year Old Account
    i miss being lvl 32 on my hunter trying to kill raptors from behind the arena in STV while having red armor all over due to not knowing i could repair

The game looked way more epic when i knew what nothing actually was, ah the old days

Wow this topic really hit me, its been so long since I felt this way about any game. WoW was the first game that I was ever really a noob, and I missed the adventure of it, I miss finding out new things, I miss not having mmo champion, so I'd actually find things out myself in the game world.

*I miss the adventure
    *I miss my first time seeing an instance portal, and standing outside it, and in guild chat explaining how I think I found a new secret cave in the wailing caverns, only to have it explained to me what exactly an instance was
    *I miss trying to tank bfd as a troll warrior in + intellect gear and being called bad and having groups leave on me
    *I miss picking out new gear only because it had more green numbers, even if they weren't relevant to my class
    *I miss my first time going into cat/bear form, and just sitting in ratchet for an hour turning my camera around my character at awe at how cool my form was
    *I miss going to thunderbluff as the only major city I knew of and only selling weapon greys to weapon vendors, food greys to food vendors and so on
    *I miss when I was using a lvl 10 bow at lvl 40 and met a hunter with all the cool BC pets and being jealous
    *I miss asking people in crossroads how they got a ravager and dragonhawk, then trying for hours on end to get to the draenai starting zone at lvl 14 to tame on, only to find out, I don't have BC installed
    *I miss being in durotar on my first character, coming across a warlock a couple levels higher then me and asking him what class he was. He said warlock and I kept asking him what class he was, not knowing warlock was a class, and instead thought warlock was like, a sub sub class or something
    *I miss killing those harpies for hours on end in durotar, even when I outleveled them, just so I could keep finding those treasure chests to get the stuff out of, thinking that they were rare
    *I miss not knowing how to use the AH
    *I miss sitting in wailing caverns fishing in the dark waters thinking I might catch something really cool and rare
    *I miss being a hunter that only picked my weapons by what I thought looked coolest, which was why I only used duel wield swords, and axes at the time, or w/e it was that you could use.
    *I miss my first journey into orgrimmar, where I was afraid to go into the cleft of shadow
    *I miss getting my first shoulder pads on my warrior and thinking I was the coolest kid in town
    *I miss setting up instance runs by advertising looking for tanks and dps and healers, not this new lfg shit
    *I miss the magic
    *I miss not worrying about the gear my character has
    *I miss my first guild, which I was in for all of my BC career before I sort of moved on from being a noob and adventure player who enjoyed the game, and became someone who just wanted to raid, so I left the guild and turned into elitist scum like I am now. This game has lost its touch, and I doubt I will ever feel the same about a game ever again.
    *I miss the way this game used to be.
    Last edited by The Ogdru Jahad; 2010-09-02 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    i miss Silithus being a dead zone
    i miss 40 man raids
    i miss being crept up on by devilsaurs
    i miss trying to kill things i know i could never
    i miss ganking at xroads
    i miss being rank 14 and therefore a no lifer
    i miss pvp videos being awesome
    i miss not being able to pug anything
    i miss classic gear
    i miss mismatched chars
    i miss using thottbot XD
    i miss there not being a website which tells you how to play the game to your best capabilities (epileptic jerks)
    i miss people not knowing what theorycrafting was
    i miss being a warrior tank in vanilla, which was really the only tank
    i miss tanking being hard
    i miss playing wow for fun

farming raptors in wetlands for 5 levels becuase I didn't know Duskwood exsisted.

tip:
    start playing completely new game.
    you will feel the same

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by friggo View Post
    i miss running around spamming "looking for enchanter beastslaying".
    wow i 4got about this! The day I got beastslaying on both my weapons (1st char was a rogue) best day of WoW ever! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Entalpia View Post
    The sad part is that when You start playing WOw and getting a little more eliete, you actually notice that each game has the same basics and it each game has classes that separate in to tank/dps/heal. That the end game is about gear, and gear is about caps, and caps are about maths, and that the world you so loved to explore is just a quest hub where you get max five different types of quests. I will never see MMO-s other way than this...
    maybe you should try eve online:P
    thats a whole difrent game, and you could say some ships there can be like tanks and other can be like healers, but its still completly difrent.

but then again i feel your pain

Deleted
    I wish I could enjoy EVE. I like the idea of it 100% but in practice there is just far to much time doing nothing or waiting for something to happy for me to have fun on it.

This game will never be new again.

Cataclysm will refresh a lot of the land, but the classes, and big chunks of the game will still be the same.

You have to play a game you've never played before to get the new feeling back.