Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Are you talking about the crafted Polearm? Because that is the only thing on this site that has those stats.
    He SLIGHTLY exaggerated the stats, probably doing it from his head or something. This is still obviously what he was talking about.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/59364/o...cken-splitter/
    Last edited by tilgare; 2010-09-02 at 02:09 PM.

Yes, damage will be high as hell, but if you compare Wotlk endgame to TBC endgame the damage differences are equally insane. Good players in BiS gear did about 2700 by the end of TBC, now I'd say you can do 13-14k without the ICC buff. Thats a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Expect 50k DPS to be average

That's all i have to say about it really.

It may a rough indication but it's always worked a lil bit like that.

Hunters in Vanilla had around 2k health, and did around 1k dps.
    Hunters in TBC had around 12k health and did around 6k dps.
    Hunters in WOTLK had around 30k health and did around 15k dps
    Hunters in Cata will have around 100k health and do around 50k dps.

This is based on nothing. But it seems slightly true so far. (i may be off)
    I don't know what world your in but it aint the world of warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, don't fret:

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Expect 50k DPS to be average

That's all i have to say about it really.

It may a rough indication but it's always worked a lil bit like that.

Hunters in Vanilla had around 2k health, and did around 1k dps.
    Hunters in TBC had around 12k health and did around 6k dps.
    Hunters in WOTLK had around 30k health and did around 15k dps
    Hunters in Cata will have around 100k health and do around 50k dps.

This is based on nothing. But it seems slightly true so far. (i may be off)

10+ Year Old Account
    But you gotta think, yes the dps will be hella high, but it has to be, mobs are going to have TONS of health.

slightly off by a large margain. yes. that you are indeed.

there was a vid of a fury warrior doing 1k dps on classic patchwerk in classic. and that was the highest there was. everyone did half or less dps.
    also blizz told the community several times that the player healthpool and inflicted damage will differ from the old game. so expect 20k dps when you have 80k health, for example. basically they are trying to avoid the scanario that any class can global any other class with luck. and that would easily be possible with 100k health and 50k dps.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2010-09-02 at 11:41 PM. Reason: massive fail

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    A: Game is still in Beta - Blizz is more focused on correctly implementing the MECHANICS of hunter/other class changes for the expansion

B: Numbers can and will be changed in a hotfix in order to be balanced closer to the expansion.

I wouldn't go jumping out the window cause of what figures are appearing just yet.
    Agreed, don't freak out because numbers aren't high enough or aren't low enough, numbers are very easy to change, mechanics are not.

While yes the dmg is high on lvl 85 weapons remember this last patch also just nerfed how much weapon dmg affects shots. Everything will be a larger scale but they can have health high enough to off set it and since they are paying attention to keeping dmg to health in check I think it will be fine this time around.

Overpowered Chicken Splitter is Overpowered
    Seriously though looking at these crafted epics, which would be assumed to be on par with entry level raiding gear. I can see why aimed and kill shot damage was nerfed cause it if didn't happen now it was going to later on when they are hitting like a nuke once we get a few more tiers of gear in MM has always been the gear dependent spec anyway. KS is kinda sadface but im ok with it since they removed the focus cost meaning it can be used every time its off GCD without worrying about focus

Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Very top of the line rogues could push 3k on Kil'jaeden in Sunwell, but that was the very best dps you could have for any class, so yeah, 6k is way off.
    if i remember correctly , SK-Gaming (Nihilum, Ensidia) hunter Munken was doing 3500dps on Brut. There's a movie on warcraftmovies called SK Gaming Vs. Brutallus (DPS race).
    wow stats is still there http://wowwebstats.com/irdh6x6q2kldo?s=27917-54044
    Dont see the reason to care about dps right now. Everything can be changed 20 times before live so i'd just wait abit for more or less close numbers posted by blizz.

Vendor-bought food heals for a ton (80k-90k ish)... there is no way that non-clothies will have less hp than how much vendor food heals in full epics @ 85. I'm guessing average epic hp will be ~100k for hunters and PVP dps in general will be around 15k-20k but probably not much higher... They want it to take longer than 4sec to take someone down in Arena.

PVE is an entirely different story, so yeah, I can see dps classes in full final raid tier gear doing 50k dps... but in the context of raiding, that 50k will be like doing 15k in ICC today.
    Last edited by deadman80; 2010-09-03 at 07:33 AM.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Um, what tree did you grow out of?
    The tree made out of thin air.

yeah i failed, lol.

Didn't play a hunter back then, ann all those numbers where pulled from my ass.

My numbers where around 3 times as much as they really did.

---------- Post added 2010-09-03 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gozert View Post
    Guys, don't fret:
    Oh, and i love you.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

As long as we can compete with the other dps classes idc if i do 2k dps or 50k dps, they are just numbers and as long as they keep it in line with the healthpools we will be fine.

i do 3-4K auto shots and 5k crits so this just makes it look bad not good