Thread: Gilnean Banner?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The old banner looks like a sickle? I like it more then the new one tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    BLizzards Fucking lame ass outdated program cant handle any tabbard that is not perfectly Bilateral

Its why we don’t have a brewfest tabard. The Brewfest symbol is asymmetrical.

That is why the gilnean banner changed …..so they could make a Gilnean tabbard
    Pretty sure the Forsaken symbol is asymmetrical, what with only having half a face on it.

I'm still of the mind that this is a placeholder, because:
    1) it's too modern and "clean" looking compared to all other symbols
    2) it has almost nothing to do with Gilneas/Worgen, unless you tell me it's maybe a claw
    3) no personal experience here but I've read many people saying it looks just like a symbol from other games.

Bloodsail Admiral Overmind the 3rd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    3) no personal experience here but I've read many people saying it looks just like a symbol from other games.
    I'd wager that would be the GLA icon from C&C Generals, which was definitely based on the Khanda I linked a few posts ago.
    Serve the hive
    Feel the groove
    I control
    The way you move

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the Forsaken symbol is asymmetrical, what with only having half a face on it.

2) it has almost nothing to do with Gilneas/Worgen, unless you tell me it's maybe a claw
    Hopefully

The Forsaken symbol is yes.......BUT THE UNDERCITY TABBARD IS PERFECTLY BILATERAL. The face is not broken on their tabbard.

the programs they have in place wont allow them to make an asymmetrical tabbard
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken symbol is yes.......BUT THE UNDERCITY TABBARD IS PERFECTLY BILATERAL. The face is not broken on their tabbard.

why would they need to make a Gilneas tabard though? It's not like the Bilgewater Cartel and Gilneas are going to be at the Argent Tournament. I'm just frustrated because the banner changed for no reason.

The Forsaken tabard from the Argent Tournament says otherwise.

*gasp* a check on WoWhead shows they edited the banner...my apologies then.

The Forsaken tabard from the Argent Tournament says otherwise.
    OK now you're just being a dumbass. why dont you go look at it and then get back to me.

Owl is not wise

Last edited by HammondQ; 2010-09-02 at 11:34 PM.

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account

The symbol is asymmetrical yes, but the tabard isn't.

Deleted
    I'm more curious how they could shade the symbol like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    why would they need to make a Gilneas tabard though? It's not like the Bilgewater Cartel and Gilneas are going to be at the Argent Tournament. I'm just frustrated because the banner changed for no reason.
    It changed for a reason…..just not a lore reason. A Technical reason.

Blizz wanted a Glinean Tabbard…..for whatever reason. And rather than have it not match, they edited the symbol so it would conform to all needed formats.

-Martin Heidegger

This banner keeps making me think of some coffee shop label for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    It changed for a reason…..just not a lore reason. A Technical reason.

Blizz wanted a Glinean Tabbard…..for whatever reason. And rather than have it not match, they edited the symbol so it would conform to all needed formats.
    Sorry, but that's absolute bullshit if it was changed for just a technical reason, although I highly doubt it.

Bloodsail Admiral Overmind the 3rd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    This banner keeps making me think of some coffee shop label for some reason.

?
    Serve the hive
    Feel the groove
    I control
    The way you move

Out of the 8-11 million people who play this game…….I would be surprised if 100,000 remember the old Gilnean banner at all. It’s a Recon, blizz does them all the time.

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the 8-11 million people who play this game…….I would be surprised if 100,000 remember the old Gilnean banner at all. It’s a Recon, blizz does them all the time.
    It's actually a Retcon, and Blizzard does them for lore reasons, not technical reasons.

It's actually a Retcon, and Blizzard does them for lore reasons, not technical reasons.
    Dude…….Blizz had the chance to start pretty much from scratch here….Compared the the amount of Lore concerning the other Nations/races, Gilnean lore could have fit in a thimble.

They wanted a Gilnean tabard with the Gilnean Symbol on it. The old Gilnean Symbol wont fit…because of technical reasons. So rather than rewrite X amount of code to allow asymmetrical tabards, (something they admit they know how to do but wont because they say its way too much work) they just change the symbol.

The old Gilnean symbol was just a “5” with some stuff stuck on it anyway.

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude…….Blizz had the chance to start pretty much from scratch here….Compared the the amount of Lore concerning the other Nations/races, Gilnean lore could have fit in a thimble.

They wanted a Gilnean tabard with the Gilnean Symbol on it. The old Gilnean Symbol wont fit…because of technical reasons. So rather than rewrite X amount of code to allow asymmetrical tabards, (something they admit they know how to do but wont because they say its way too much work) they just change the symbol.

The old Gilnean symbol was just a “5” with some stuff stuck on it anyway.
    and how do you know they want a gilnean tabard?

and how do you know they want a gilnean tabard?
    Because they made one?

So what you’re really asking for is a really well written Paragraph of text from some NPC.

“Why thank you Wildberry, your bravery and courage have allowed a new day to shine upon Gilneas. Without your help our nation could not have survived the Worgen curse.

Our great nation of gilneas has undergone a rebirth…Let this new banner serve as a symbol of the undying spirit of the Gilnean people.”

Bleh……. Something like that? If you want a fake reason, blizz can give you one with some crappy text buried in some quest somewhere.

Real reason? They just wanted the Gilnean symbol on a tabard.

-Martin Heidegger

15+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I like the new design. /shrug.