Thread: Gilnean Banner?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    Because they made one?

So what you’re really asking for is a really well written Paragraph of text from some NPC.

“Why thank you Wildberry, your bravery and courage have allowed a new day to shine upon Gilneas. Without your help our nation could not have survived the Worgen curse.

Our great nation of gilneas has undergone a rebirth…Let this new banner serve as a symbol of the undying spirit of the Gilnean people.”

Bleh……. Something like that? If you want a fake reason, blizz can give you one with some crappy text buried in some quest somewhere.

Real reason? They just wanted the Gilnean symbol on a tabard.
    Show me proof of the new gilnean tabard (and no the image of the new tabard doesn't count because that's not the current banner of gilneas nor has it been confirmed as the gilnean tabard)

Sure, they wanted a whole new Gilnean symbol for symmetrical reasons. Why not.

http://www.wowwiki.com/File:Gilneas_flag.jpg

Are you telling me this is the best they could do? Really?

A Gilnean Tabbard with the new symbol on it exists in the Beta files.

How it might be rewarded is still up in the air.

It might be a reward for completing the worgen starting area. Like the tabard of the hand.

It might be a reward for the Battle for Gilneas battleground. They do so like to Attach tabards to BG’s you know. :-P

Or some other thing…
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Bloodsail Admiral Overmind the 3rd's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    It might be a reward for completing the worgen starting area. Like the tabard of the hand.
    I'd rather like that. Last I checked, the starting zone was still shy a few quests, and a tabard in recognition of your service to the people would be nice.
    Serve the hive
    Feel the groove
    I control
    The way you move

The symmetrical thing isn't just for tabards. 99% of Player models, Gear, etc that have to do with our character's are symetric. From a technical perspective, you only have to design half a model for the full appeal. The only exception i can think of is Herod's shoulder, which was their first test of using an assymetric piece of gear, and it failed. Go to Outland and check out the guards.

That is not the Gilnean battle standard, it's the Gilnean flag. Last time i checked those are two different things. The Warcraft II picture is the Battle Standard, when they were at war. The new one is the flag.

Stormwind's battle standard is the Lion, their flag is the old school Lordaeron 'L'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like both. The new one is more distinguished though

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The symmetrical thing isn't just for tabards. 99% of Player models, Gear, etc that have to do with our character's are symetric. From a technical perspective, you only have to design half a model for the full appeal. The only exception i can think of is Herod's shoulder, which was their first test of using an assymetric piece of gear, and it failed. Go to Outland and check out the guards.

That is not the Gilnean battle standard, it's the Gilnean flag. Last time i checked those are two different things. The Warcraft II picture is the Battle Standard, when they were at war. The new one is the flag.

Stormwind's battle standard is the Lion, their flag is the old school Lordaeron 'L'.
    Thats not the same for any other faction. Stormwind uses both heraldry for reasons not relating to national flag and battle standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    Thats not the same for any other faction. Stormwind uses both heraldry for reasons not relating to national flag and battle standard.
    All races do this. Even in the Warcraft lore, a group/division/clan uses a different banner for war then they use for their nation.
    The Horde is a Nation of many smaller nations, when a group or unit goes into combat they use a quite different standard for battle. Which is why the orcish clans all have different war standards, but when the come together the use the Horde symbol.
    The US has a single flag, that everyone flies. Now Take a look at our military each and every unit has a different symbol for it. Hmmm...

Deleted
    New one is ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, maybe its beacuse the old one was just crappy? That is reason enough I think.

Here it is............just for Funzies

Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Deleted
    Once they where humans now wolfs.. maby they wanted to change

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would make the new banner look less modern though... looks like someone airbrushed the symbol on their as opposed to stitching it on...

ITs really stupid imo. It doesn't fit WoW or Gilneas at all. It looks like a gamertag avi, or like... some software logo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scribzey View Post
    Once they where humans now wolfs.. maby they wanted to change
    the problem with that is that they still retain their cultural identity as citizens of Gilneas.