Questing will be a whole new beast

I can't believe what I'm watching these days from various websites of people who are in the Beta. I recently just watched the video over on Tankspot.com featuring the quest that takes you in Uldum for the first time. For those who haven't seen it, and those who are not wanting to spoil anything, I will say that questing doesn't even feel like World of Warcraft any more.

How things play out, it feels something like something you'd play on a console or in a single player game, where control is taken away from your character and a cutscene is played out within the game engine. At any moment during the quest, the camera will suddenly zoom in on a point of interest, or show what is happening from a different angle.

Everything we saw at Last year's Blizzcon is nothing compared to what we're seeing now, and what we can expect. It really does feel like World of Warcraft 2.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTqKi...layer_embedded

This was recently posted in it's own thread, but it's definitely relevant here

This is such a welcomed change. Im personally so excited about starting Cataclysm from scratch on a level 1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTqKi...layer_embedded

This was recently posted in it's own thread, but it's definitely relevant here
    I lol'd in amazement when the dragon tackled that zep.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

How the whole Uldum starting quests play out really reminded me of something like Ocarina of Time or Darksiders or some sort of Console adventure game.

And we thought things were different with bombing quests. O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    With Swtor coming out, Blizzard was like "fuck it" and started putting effort back into Wow.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    It really does feel like World of Warcraft 2.
    I think that is the point of the expansion adding neat new features like this, and exactly why they aren't going to make a WoW2 (my guess). I've only seen one situation where the camera pans out and shows something happening nearby or in a POI, and that was in the Worgen starting zone. But the moment I saw that, I knew "Things like this are going to be everywhere." Combine that with phasing and you've got one heck of a questing system that pulls you into its story.

What's scary is for people like me who enjoyed questing before are going to want to do it ten times over on any character they can.
    Last edited by DaShaman; 2010-09-03 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Fixed the quote.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

10+ Year Old Account
    *What's scary is for people like me who enjoyed questing before are going to want to do it ten times over on any character they can.*
    This, i am a self proclaimed alt-a-holic and just watching some of these questing videos made me delete 3 level 80s that i didnt play anymore. so i could experience all the new zones! :O
    Originally Posted by Peeb View Post
    Once in church when priest went to get more candles I whispered to my friend "Priest ran out of reagents" and heard someone laugh very loud behind us.

Well just imagine what they could have done with the whole cutscene concept in Wrath.

Instead of downing Arthas, and getting a cutscene, the raid could do the fight until 10%.

Then the event happens, Tirion does his thing, and we all get back up to burn him.

at 5%, control is taking away from the raid, and the camera slowly pans around Arthas, and shows the entire raid blasting away at him, all while epic music plays.

I can't wait to quest on my shiny new Worgen warrior. And then a Worgen Rogue, then a Warlock, then a Druid... Hmmmm....

Altaholics ftw!
    SUPPORT W.O.L.F.! (WORGEN-OPTIONS LIBERATION FRONT)