Rush Appreciation thread

Title says all. As one of the most instrumentally skilled bands of all time, Rush deserves their own thread.

Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart are gods.

/Discuss

Rush is awesome, haven't listened to them nearly enough though.

I wish they would have gotten Rush for the 2010 olympic ceremony instead of lame ass Sarah McLachlan

Rush is without doubt the definition of AWESOME. I wish they'd visit Denmark so I could see them live.

Rush is the best. That is not opinion,that is 100% fact. I cannot wait for their new album to come out, it will be fantastic. Now if only they would come to the U.P. on their next tour....
    You can`t dispel stupid.
    Mah armory:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Rainofpain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwy34GT1BXE

Enough said. Some guy in the crowd is literally thanking god for their awesomeness

10+ Year Old Account
    It just so happens Rush is coming to town and I have tickets...

I win the thread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilator12 View Post

I win the thread
    You damn lucker.

On to the point. Rush is one of my favourite bands of all time. Although I do prefer their work before Signals.

rush is pretty good.

2112 is really funny. in a good way!

I do love Rush. Probably one of the best, if not the best, Progressive Rock bands around. While there aren't millions to compare it to, it still trumps most by at least a small margin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a huge Rush fan, and have been for more than 20 years. Seen them live in Denver, Miami, L.A., and Tampa, and will see them next time they hit Tampa as well. The combination of musical talent and intelligent lyrics is just plain awesome.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went to the concert last night, was epic in every way! Great way to break in a new arena

I cannot get enough of these guys, favorite band by far!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainofpain View Post
    Rush is the best. That is not opinion,that is 100% fact. I cannot wait for their new album to come out, it will be fantastic. Now if only they would come to the U.P. on their next tour....
    I am shamed. Shamed! I had no idea they had a new album coming out! I mean, sure, it makes sense, so it doesn't surprise me, I just wasn't on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darios View Post

I win the thread
    They're in my town in a little over a week. I am sad panda, couldn't afford tickets.
    And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

They're a really awesome band. I really hope they'll visit Europe on their next tour...anywhere in Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beatles>Rush>Pink Floyd>Metallica>everything else.

I'll certainly give you that Beatles have had a greater influence on modern music than arguably any other band, but I don't know if I'd agree that they were better musicians than Rush.
    And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

Indeed the Beatles have been more of an influence for a lot of bands, and have more success than Rush, but if we compare them from a musical or lyrical point of view, there's no contest.

However, each band has a different "slice" of the audience it appeals to. The Beatles chose the easier way, with songs that aren't complicated and lyrics that the Average Joe could easily understand ("She loves you, yeah, yeah, yeah." Vs. "We carry a sensitive cargo/ Below the waterline. Ticking like a timebomb/ With primitive design.") and thus have earned wider recognition. This is not a bad thing at all though. It just goes to prove that you don't necessarily need to be a great musician or songwriter to have a lot of success.

Now as a Rush fan, and as a progressive rock/metal fan i'd be more inclined to tip the scale towards better musicianship against being more accessible. And i'd take Peart over Ringo Starr anyday. And Geddy Lee over McCartney :P

I like their drummer.