Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cataclysm hunter pets

Is anyone else sort of disappointed with the new Cataclysm pets so far? I know it's beta and that they may add more but for the ones i've seen so far i don't really like them

http://www.wow-petopia.com/cataclysm/newlooks.html

I hope we get to see either:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spiny_raptor

http://www.wowwiki.com/Raptoryx

I think they may be in the goblin area well there's still time for nice new pets.

what is disappointing about this? Mastiffs alone are a great addition, and the new skins of some old pets. I like what I see.

I really like the mastiffs and the foxes. I wanted a dog or fox since vanilla. Definately happy. The monkey is weird and I forsee a lot of trolls with em.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those crabs look insane, but those monkeys.. wicked!

Wolves models are amazing, who would of thought such creativity from blizzard!

Deleted
    The rare spawn Silithid who got his skin changed to Buru/"Bug trio" must be the most awesome pet ever. :-D

I'm a big fan of the new crab model too.

Deleted
    I will get a fox and put in it "News" Fox-News.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    I will get a fox and put in it "News" Fox-News.
    And then we can get a monkey and name it Glenn Beck, since its pretty much the same thing.

I know, posting in the same thread twice, get a life..

15+ Year Old Account
    Just look at that turtle! Its freaking awesome!
    And damn, just noticed its not tamable
    Last edited by Fengas; 2010-09-03 at 05:35 PM. Reason: clasified

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengas View Post
    Just look at that turtle! Its freaking awesome!
    And damn, just noticed its not tamable
    And god damn it's also pretty untameble!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly pleased with the new pets. Here's hoping the Sand Serpent is actually tameable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the snail to be a tamable pet so i can name one gary
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    spongebob is your hunter?

Dissapointed?

Lol i just savv that page for the first time and monkeys,foxes and crabs look vvicked sick

The dogs look extremely detailed and the spiders actually look menacing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garenzo View Post
    The rare spawn Silithid who got his skin changed to Buru/"Bug trio" must be the most awesome pet ever. :-D

I'm a big fan of the new crab model too.
    Alas, the colossi silithids have been changed so that there's no way to tame them (not that there ever was in beta, but people were able to get them by taming the rare spawns on live before copying a character over, but that exploit has been fixed).

I'm pretty disappointed in the pets so far. Quite frankly, given the wide variety of cats that have all been tossed into one cat family, the dogs and foxes should have stayed in the wolf family. While they could actually make variety with a dog family eventually, what else are they going to do with foxes to add new ones? Having a pet family with what, four skins, is stupid (and that goes for turtles too). I think having the primate family rather than separate gorillas and monkeys was better as well. It seems like we're just getting a few families that aren't really new, just ones that have been teased out from already existing things rather than getting something truly new. I'd much rather be able to have something really new and different like getting to tame the wild mustangs/zehvras than more canines.

Hopefully more of the new skins for existing families will be able to be tamed. There are awesome stuff like the crabs and I'd be in love if some of the new worms are considered beasts and made available.

I think the foxes look wicked nice. And the Mastiffs are something different at least, as it adds pretty much the first domestic IRL hunter pet to the game. Personally I would like to see more cat and wolf models....most of them now are pretty redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can tame a seagull.
    /complaint
    /tread

I wants another Spirit Beast :P