Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Full Metal Alchemist > All.

Death Note is one of the best animes of time. I wouldn't say it's my favorite, because there's a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    Death Note is one of the best animes of time. I wouldn't say it's my favorite, because there's a difference.
    The best thing about it was that there were absolutely no bad episodes in it... too bad it was so short.

One Piece is FREAKING TERRIBLE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctify View Post
    Got to agree on that. It's worse than tentacle hentai.

u say that like tentical hentei is a bad thing

jksies =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Note started out REALLY great but totally lost it about 1/2 way through, the ending was fairly bland, and made all the more disappointing because the eps that preceeded it really show how good Anime can be, when it's done well.

I don't really think there IS a greatest Anime of all time, but a few I love are The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bleach, Last Exile and Code Geass, among many many more.

P.S. does anyone know when Evangelion 2.22 is coming out in the UK? and I mean legit DVD copies, not dodgy torrents although if you had a high Quality one....
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Death Note started out REALLY great but totally lost it about 1/2 way through, the ending was fairly bland, and made all the more disappointing because the eps that preceeded it really show how good Anime can be, when it's done well.

I don't really think there IS a greatest Anime of all time, but a few I love are The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bleach, Last Exile and Code Geass, among many many more.

P.S. does anyone know when Evangelion 2.22 is coming out in the UK? and I mean legit DVD copies, not dodgy torrents although if you had a high Quality one....
    well ye... there is even an ending-like epilogue after ********SPOILER********* L dies ... it should've ended there. But the rest were a bit worse than the first half, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

The series if better if you consider it as two parts. part 1 being where L dies. Till then series was just phenomenal. 2nd part, was a bit worse but how much of it was because L dies and the fact his successors are children? As far as execution, the series did well.

Aside from that, the only dislike I have of the 2nd part is that fact that Light fails not because he was outsmarted or because HIS plan was imperfect. Also his actions at the end didnt reflect the genius hhe was.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's why I didn't like the second part, after L dies the series pretty much changes completely changes, Going from a sophisticated Cat and Mouse thriller, about the mental war between two teen genius' to a borderline psychotic against a couple of pathetic L clones, niether of which are fit to serve him Icecream.

and yeah the way Light is eventually brought down ssuucckkeedd he deserved SO much better, one of the best, cleverest characters in Anime, and he gets THAT as his end? compare his exit to something like Lelouche's from Code Geass.

p.s. Sorx <3 the icon RUA FTW!!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    atm i think theres 3 movies of it 2 are complete shit and the 3rd is jsut a remake compressing the series into a movie whislt adding/taking away things to make it easier for people to understand wth is hapning lol
    I meant the one which ends with what to me seems to be the rebirth of humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Trigun fans? Wow.

And while I am a huge fan of FMA, FMA:Brotherhood is phenomenal. Easily 2x as good as the first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7SjYieuyS8

this AMV sums up the anime perfectly
    One Piece is definitely the best around at the moment...DBZ was a classic that got about 90% of western viewers into anime but looking back at it now shows just how terrible it was. I mean look at the five 'big' Shonen Manga

Bleach - Destroying towns
    Naruto - Destroying Cities
    Full Metal Alchemist - Destroying countires
    One Piece - Destroying continents
    Dragonball - Destroying Galaxies.

see how it gets really silly?

Elfen Lied is my favorite. It makes manly men cry.
    The anime is awesome, the manga is awesome2k.

All these titles and yet no one has mentioned Cowboy Bebop.
    Thats probably the best anime series ever, it was certainly
    one of the most stylish in terms of animation and music.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an old fart... give me Urusei Yatsura anytime. It was crazy and funny and full of jokes that would come back several episodes later and blindside you.

However, I also enjoyed Macross (Robotech was a butchery), and Trigun, and Rurouni Kenshin.

And if you can watch Grave of the Fireflies without at least sniffling, you have no soul.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctify View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Got to agree on that. It's worse than tentacle hentai.
    are you mad men?! it's brilliant especially the concept of the Akuma No Mi. Now if you've only seen the 4Kids dub I can understand why you dislike it but to truely appreciate an anime....any anime you must watch it in the original japanese and read the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by YTOfficer01 View Post
    One Piece is definitely the best around at the moment...DBZ was a classic that got about 90% of western viewers into anime but looking back at it now shows just how terrible it was. I mean look at the five 'big' Shonen Manga

Bleach - Destroying towns
    Naruto - Destroying Cities
    Full Metal Alchemist - Destroying countires
    One Piece - Destroying continents
    Dragonball - Destroying Galaxies.

see how it gets really silly?
    Psssh that's nothing. They're throwing galaxies at etch other in TTGL (Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann).
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey
    This is best thing i have ever seen. ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harizon View Post
    Elfen Lied is my favorite. It makes manly men cry.
    The anime is awesome, the manga is awesome2k.
    Elfen lied is one of the most messed up Anime I've seen. I liked the series but there's so many moments that makes you think "wtf japan?..seriously.."

Meanwhile in the Elfen lied development room..
    'I have an idea for a scene.. listen up.. it will go..' "Oh they killed my puppy so I'm gonna kill a bunch of kids!".
    'good idea bob.. and where can we fit in graphic child rape?'
    'Right in the beginning Phil..RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING!'.

So weird.. but invisible psychic tentacle arms are sweet.