Poll: read post before you vote

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A huge concept missed by many posters in this thread: Survivability =/= Ability to Kite.

Ofc you survive longer you kite, but they aren't the same.

Spriests have the most survivability, Locks are a close second. Mages get shit on when you actually hit them but they kite very well giving them a magical veil of immortality which isn't true by any means. Boomkins and Shamans have very few ways to protect themselves outside of healing and with no major defensive CDs I would say they are the least survivable.

Top vote goes for Frost Mage, followed by Spriests and Warlocks tied for the same position. Im assuming that survivability does not mean survivability in the most basic terms of Defensive CD's alone.

Frost Mages have the snares and the spammable CC + Ice Block (dispellable by two classes only).
    Spriests have dispersion (awesome move on a 1.5min CD),Fear Bomb (broken easily), and Fade (28 sec CD) to get rid of movement impairing effects.
    Warlocks have portal (can stop damage entirely if placed in LoS, Healthstone, Demon Armor, and self-healing through DoTs + a spammable CC and a silence to boot.

Every class has thier niche, the only clear cut winner is Frost Mage to be honest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honen View Post
    We clicked the front page link and didn't pay attention to the forum it was in.
    I know, I make the same mistake once every while. I'm not angry!

Still funny how not 1, not 2, but a few more people on just the first page didn't notice.

Spriest as a melle is a whole load of fun. Especially if he decides to drop a silence on you while he is still 20 yards away and while he is mind flaying. If you do get close they can allways use dispersion, while the dots are still noming you to pieces.

Facemelters my arse! It's more like mind rape to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpacedOut View Post
    frost mage, no doubt in my mind
    This.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mage... no contest...

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost mage without a doubt. I really wish their rooting abilities were toned down a bit, even if it meant they got some more damage mitigation, because it's just so fucking frustrating right now, they are impossible to catch.
    "The truth, my goal."

Poor elemental

Locks should rate higher though in my opinion. They've got some great talents in all 3 of their trees.

Deleted
    pvp: mage hands down
    pve: shadowpriest (shadowform, dispersion, imp fade (ye), VE)

Frost Mages
    Spriests
    Locks
    Ele and Boomkin both suck survivability wise, but at least boomkin gets more armor, ele is the worse out of the two.

Deleted
    Why would mages need survivability ? You hardly get to hit them anyway.
    Thats kinda the point..

Their survivability is that they are very slippery for melee to catch and a pain against other casters because of their wards, counterspell and spellsteal, etc.

I've seen good frost mages with decent gear take out several people in a row that are attacking it, I've yet to see a shadow priest do that though I can wipe people out 1 v 1 with mine easily enough.

If its 1 v 1 that we are talking about then spriest is probably better than a mage due to things like immunity removal and disarm + heals, etc. (offensive spells basically)

Anywhere else though I'd say frost mage wins on survivability.

This guy has made so many threads that in some way complain about Elemental shaman's survivability in PVP it isn't even funny.
    He gets proved wrong so he just makes new ones.
    OT: Mages / Shamans on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    This guy has made so many threads that in some way complain about Elemental shaman's survivability in PVP it isn't even funny.
    He gets proved wrong so he just makes new ones.
    OT: Mages / Shamans on live.
    ? never complained or i wouldnt play elemental...its just overrated and i just post what i think shamans need, like how everyone else post what there class needs because they play them and they know what there classes have good and bad

i also posted a few stuff about hunters and druids, DK is amazing no problem with them only issue with DK is that i dont see my screen with any crits >:l

so how do i get proven wrong? waht you think elementals survivability is great? you think its the best?

also.....i posted this because my lil brother said spriest have bad survivability and he claims there worst then ele....well....the polls dont lie

also talked to a few friends about this and they said spriest, somewhat posted this because i wanted to see where ele ranks in survivability, always knew it was the worst survivability as a caster but i just wanted proof
    Last edited by Stormhusk; 2010-09-10 at 03:19 AM.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk View Post
    its just overrated
    Check. The. Statistics. For once, seriously. Elemental is NOT overrated, they simply ARE that well-represented and OP, not to mention that half of the WoW playerbase seem to find them faceroll aswell.

....well....the polls dont lie
    Exactly, and polls usually say Elemental Shamans are faceroll and OP, so just stop trying to convince people that they're not.

And again, statistics don't lie either.

On topic: And no, elemental shamans don't have the best survivability. In fact, every caster except for Boomkin has better survivability, but well, it's World of Castercraft for a reason...
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2010-09-10 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Check. The. Statistics. For once, seriously. Elemental is NOT overrated, they simply ARE that well-represented and OP, not to mention that half of the WoW playerbase seem to find them faceroll aswell.

Exactly, and polls usually say Elemental Shamans are faceroll and OP, so just stop trying to convince people that they're not.

And again, statistics don't lie either.

On topic: And no, elemental shamans don't have the best survivability. In fact, every caster except for Boomkin has better survivability, but well, it's World of Castercraft for a reason...
    only thing i agree with u about that is that moonkins survivability isnt great, still better then eles survivability tbh tho

was moonkin with my druid for a good 6months till i went feral...wanted a challenge

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

still better then eles survivability tbh tho
    /facepalm.
    You didn't listen to anyone on any of those other threads did you? All the 100s of ways people listed that they are perfectly capable in PvP.
    Why make posts if you don't want to listen =/

/facepalm.
    You didn't listen to anyone on any of those other threads did you? All the 100s of ways people listed that they are perfectly capable in PvP.
    Why make posts if you don't want to listen =/
    poll dont lie

eles in last like it should be

also noticed you didnt quote the whole thing

fyi i play druid and shaman and i know how they both work...and druid has better survivability overall but barely...as moonkin cyclone makes the difference

now did i ever say ele wasnt capable in pvp....i never ever said that waht i post about ele is what they can be fixed at along with that fact people overrate and think that there easy

good class and skill are different

bad warrior will be bad a skilled warrior is amazing

bad eles will only freecast not support with the million things we have to do in arena
    Last edited by Stormhusk; 2010-09-10 at 08:38 AM.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!

15+ Year Old Account
    fyi i play druid and shaman and i know how they both work...
    No. According to your Druid's armory you don't.

poll dont lie
    Well maybe not, seeing as your other poll is showing elemental shamans as being the most likely winners. Despite the fact that many of the people voting for boomkin are only doing so because "lol starfall is good." Which isn't a valid reason.

eles in last like it should be
    Possible because you put them up against Frost mages, and people don't think about all the amazing abilities Shamans have. They will vote for frost mages because they are famous for their ice barrier.

also noticed you didnt quote the whole thing
    That's because most of your posts are utter rubbish and the part I quoted was relevant to my point. Why would I quote your entire post when one phrase shows how wrong you are?

fyi i play druid and shaman and i know how they both work...and druid has better survivability overall but barely...as moonkin cyclone makes the difference
    You clearly don't know how they work otherwise you wouldn't be saying how bad they both are. I agree boomkins don't have the easiest time surviving, but they have enough abilities to give them a chance against all opponents. Especially against melee with their instant shifting. They just need more survivability against casters, but then again, everyone has a weakness. I don't complain about my Tankadin's inability to fight casters, because I know that's not what he is meant to be good at.

now did i ever say ele wasnt capable in pvp....i never ever said that waht i post about ele is what they can be fixed at along with that fact people overrate and think that there easy
    The post I linked says otherwise. You had 10 pages of qq about how underpowered they are and how they need to be given an "Oh Sh*t" button. You call that fixing, I call it making them as untouchable as you want them to be because you don't know how to play.
    good class and skill are different
    Yes, this is where I agree with you, there is a difference between a good class and being a skilled player. However, most classes stand a chance against most others. If you are a skilled player playing a skilled player with equal gear anyone stands a chance.
    bad warrior will be bad a skilled warrior is amazing
    What's this, pointing out an obvious statement to make you sound right so people will ignore your bad logic / grammar / not see that you don't know what you are talking about half the time? Let's hope that works for you.
    bad eles will only freecast not support with the million things we have to do in arena
    You don't have to do a million things. You nuke, and keep yourself topped up on health if something has happened to your healer.

As much as I love proving you wrong in yet another post, it's not really worth the time because when you are proved wrong beyond all shadow of a doubt you just go make a new thread so I will leave it there.

TL,DR: Stop making the same threads and learn to admit when you are wrong.

Well maybe not, seeing as your other poll is showing elemental shamans as being the most likely winners. Despite the fact that many of the people voting for boomkin are only doing so because "lol starfall is good." Which isn't a valid reason.

Possible because you put them up against Frost mages, and people don't think about all the amazing abilities Shamans have. They will vote for frost mages because they are famous for their ice barrier.

That's because most of your posts are utter rubbish and the part I quoted was relevant to my point. Why would I quote your entire post when one phrase shows how wrong you are?

You clearly don't know how they work otherwise you wouldn't be saying how bad they both are. I agree boomkins don't have the easiest time surviving, but they have enough abilities to give them a chance against all opponents. Especially against melee with their instant shifting. They just need more survivability against casters, but then again, everyone has a weakness. I don't complain about my Tankadin's inability to fight casters, because I know that's not what he is meant to be good at.

The post I linked says otherwise. You had 10 pages of qq about how underpowered they are and how they need to be given an "Oh Sh*t" button. You call that fixing, I call it making them as untouchable as you want them to be because you don't know how to play.

Yes, this is where I agree with you, there is a difference between a good class and being a skilled player. However, most classes stand a chance against most others. If you are a skilled player playing a skilled player with equal gear anyone stands a chance.

What's this, pointing out an obvious statement to make you sound right so people will ignore your bad logic / grammar / not see that you don't know what you are talking about half the time? Let's hope that works for you.

You don't have to do a million things. You nuke, and keep yourself topped up on health if something has happened to your healer.

As much as I love proving you wrong in yet another post, it's not really worth the time because when you are proved wrong beyond all shadow of a doubt you just go make a new thread so I will leave it there.

TL,DR: Stop making the same threads and learn to admit when you are wrong.
    Hater gonna hate.

Awesome sig by Nifzilla!