Thread: Time Warp video

Deleted

Time Warp video

After seeing the Leap of Faith video posted in the Priest section, I decided to take a short footage of the new magelust.

I'm not allowed to post links as this is a new account, so if someone could link the full URL below I'd be grateful.
    Anyway, the youtube ID is watch?v=7L5IRHuPCAE

Make sure you watch it in high quality and full screen.

At the moment the animation is pretty poor, the character doesn't grow in size and there's no cool spell sound (unlike Bloodlust/Heroism). But this is Beta, so it will most likely change before going live.
    Casting Time Warp affects the whole raid with the Temporal Displacement debuff, which is the equivalent of Sated/Exhaustion.

---------------------

October 5th 2010
    Updated video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAzEpy7IVc
    Last edited by mmocbc69917c54; 2010-10-05 at 09:42 AM.

Well, I wouldnt't expect the same growth as Bloodlust. The only reason the growth and sound exist are because it's based on Wc2 and Wc3's bloodlusts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdliek View Post
    [cut]

No problem.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Larch View Post
    Well, I wouldnt't expect the same growth as Bloodlust. The only reason the growth and sound exist are because it's based on Wc2 and Wc3's bloodlusts
    Unless I'm mistaken, pretty much every spell has an audio file associated to it, so Time Warp shouldn't be any different. My guess is that the spell still needs some tweaking from a visual point of view (remember how horrible Curtain of Frost was in earlier Beta builds?), but they will definitely add a sound to it.

As for the growth, I do hope they add the effect. The buff this spell provides is the same as Heroism and Bloodlust, so it would only make sense for Time Warp to share something with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caledur View Post
    Thanks!

Unless I'm mistaken, pretty much every spell has an audio file associated to it, so Time Warp shouldn't be any different. My guess is that the spell still needs some tweaking from a visual point of view (remember how horrible Curtain of Frost was in earlier Beta builds?), but they will definitely add a sound to it.

As for the growth, I do hope they add the effect. The buff this spell provides is the same as Heroism and Bloodlust, so it would only make sense for Time Warp to share something with them.
    My guess is a futuristic "zoom, wooshing" kind of noise, with the visual being:

Everyone leaves behind fading afterimages as they run, weapon swing, or cast spell animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorack View Post
    My guess is a futuristic "zoom, wooshing" kind of noise, with the visual being:

Everyone leaves behind fading afterimages as they run, weapon swing, or cast spell animations.
    that would be badass.. or at least a "ghost image" of the player that is slightly bigger than the character itself... basically a bigger ghost version of yourself on top of you
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that is so underwhelming.

Deleted
    Casting Time Warp causes a purple orb to appear in the chest of every party/raid member. It stays there for a couple of seconds then fades away

Here's a picture.

img97.imageshack.us/img97/8756/timewarp.jpg

Again, could somebody post a correct link (by adding http at the start)? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be cool if it were like the invisibility spell where the color of the screen changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Wow, that is so underwhelming.
    Beta is Beta. Etc.

I'm honestly hoping for the ghost image/blurry sort of animation for everyone under the effect. Growing large because of time travel doesn't make too much sense, unless you replaced everyone in the raid with dinosaurs.

yeah I agree with basmothel I was hoping it would sort of be like the invis effect but with glowy hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel View Post
    Beta is Beta. Etc.

I'm honestly hoping for the ghost image/blurry sort of animation for everyone under the effect. Growing large because of time travel doesn't make too much sense, unless you replaced everyone in the raid with dinosaurs.
    the ghost image was kinda what i was talking about
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Deleted
    Build 12942 update

The character now grows in size, similar to Heroism/Bloodlust.
    No sound effect added yet.

Deleted
    The animation got updated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAzEpy7IVc

looks just like the AM proc aura :/ gib sound