i didnt understand a thing you said there daed. sorry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraxe View Post
    Yeah my inglish it's pretty bad, in fact i'm spanish XD

Deleted
    While its kinda broken, it really isn't hard to understand. Sounds like a cool idea. It would really change things up with a caster tank.

Sadly its not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    Gliph of demoniac sounds
    Allows you to be perma-metamorfosed incres threath and reduce your dmg a 55% incres your stam a 60% of your SP, your mana will be constantly reduced, your lifetap have a change of get a minor demoniac shield wich makes you absorv a X dmg, aumented trought SP.
    You get a special skill: Demoniac Dodge, wich allows you to dodge wile casting, you also get parry, and your dodge is incresed by SP your parry throught Intelect.
    Taunt demoniac fixation, taunts the target using mas demoniac energy
    Demoniac Wrath fusions you with your pet for 21s making you a blood crazed demoniac abomination incresing all threat(Only aplied if the target isn't focusing you) and making you resistenty to something depending on your summoned demon(Sucub=Inmune to charm Imp=Inmune to fire Voidwalker=Inmune to mele DMG Felhunter=Inmune to shadow and arcane felguard=Inmune to mele special DMG(As soul miror of lanathel))
    Shadow shield makes you resistant to some atacks.
    Warlocks are not meant to be tanks, grow up and get over it.
    Go roll a warrior or dk maybe, preferably down a deep hole while you are at it.

Or just make demonology dedicated to tanking. I've been thinking over this since before ICC

Warlock Tanking tree-> http://war-tools.com/t70264.html

When will people take the hint, warlocks are not meant to be, and never will be tanks.
    Demonology is about the use of demons for support, as in a master of demons.

Would you rather have fun or worry about how something is done based on actuality. Do you think the Americans gave up when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?

15+ Year Old Account
    What I would prefer over a glyph is the changing of Demonology to work more like Feral. Give use Meta fairly early in the tree and then have it spec into 2 different, exclusive, improved Metas.
    normal Meta form is the same

Imp. Meta-Damage
    You transform into a Demon. This form increases your armor by 100%, damage by 10%, reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 3% and reduces the duration of stun and snare effects by 15%. You gain some unique demon abilities in addition to your normal abilities. 3 minute cooldown.

Imp. Meta-tank
    You transform into a Demon. This form increases your armor by 600%, threat by 20%, reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6% and reduces the duration of stun and snare effects by 50%. You gain some unique demon abilities in addition to your normal abilities. 3 minute cooldown.

and then obviously have talents that buff demo properly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Do you think the Americans gave up when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?
    Wait, WHAT??

geez, you get 2 bosses to tank and now all the warlocks want tanking rolls. *rolls eyes*
    We were tanking some bosses before your aberration of a class even existed.

Yes, DK's should be deleted as a class.

Ty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Warlocks are not meant to be tanks, grow up and get over it.
    Go roll a warrior or dk maybe, preferably down a deep hole while you are at it.
    My main is DK tank mi Alter is war tank ¬¬

It'd be interesting, but that's not where Blizzard wants to go with the Warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    We were tanking some bosses before your aberration of a class even existed.

Yes, DK's should be deleted as a class.

Ty
    If they change my DK 4 a lock tank i will agree.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    When will people take the hint, warlocks are not meant to be, and never will be tanks.
    Is it just me, or do they never listen to rational arguments? Plus I'd easily wager more locks want to keep demo as a caster dps spec than changed to a tanking spec. Also meta form would be terribly boring if it was all we looked at, which is actually quite a plain model.

Glyph of the Fiend.

Your Metamorphosis spell now transforms you into a Fiend. In this form you gain additional armor, higher threat, and new abilities at the expense of damage. Lasts until cancelled, 3-minute cooldown.

New abilities;

Fiendish Guile (passive) - Increases your chance do dodge based on Intellect, allows you to dodge while casting, and reduces your chance to be critically struck by 6%.

Demonic Toughness (passive) - Your Armor is increased by 600%, your stamina is increased by 30% of your intellect, and your melee attacks are increased by your spell power.

A Clever Demonic Sounding Name (passive) - You deal 25% less damage, but cause 60% more threat.

Acid Belch - Burns all enemies within 5 yards in front of the caster for x damage over 3 seconds and reduces their armor, causes a high amount of threat. 6 second cooldown.

Mental Terror - Fills your target with terror, causing them to single-mindedly focus all attacks on you for 6 seconds. 12 second cooldown (taunt)

Fel Strike - A quick strike, dealing 50% damage and causing a high amount of threat.

I was thinking of something similar recently... Mostly with the Shaman Class... The Tank imbalance seems to affect Heroics more than Raids from my experience. If Blizzard gave a special totem or weapon buff that had similar affects to the Shaman class allowing them to tank non-raid content, maybe it would reduce the problem. Giving something like this to Warlocks would add a second class to this 'can tank heroics if needed' list...

Not sure if the other players in your group would appreciate it when a Warlock pops into their group as a tank though... Even if you COULD do it...

---------- Post added 2010-09-04 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    Is it just me, or do they never listen to rational arguments? Plus I'd easily wager more locks want to keep demo as a caster dps spec than changed to a tanking spec. Also meta form would be terribly boring if it was all we looked at, which is actually quite a plain model.
    I think it's meant more as a 'fun' thread, rather than a plz gif lock tankz! thread...

So your intent is to try and turn a warlock into a tank ? Take the hint, that is not meant to be, so reroll if that is really what you want.
    Meta was meant as a survivibility/dps cooldown, not a tank button.
    It was just unfortunate that some people took it to be that.
    Someones being a tad belligerent, did you even read my post? Im well aware of what metamorphosis is supposed to be.
    This is a fantasy situation.

---------- Post added 2010-09-05 at 04:48 AM ----------

Why don't you get the hint and grow up? Nobody here is actually LOOKING to make Warlocks into tanks? This is an IDEA. It is for FUN.
    Hot damn you're annoying.
    We all know what Demonology's purpose is, the amount of balls you have to come in here and assume otherwise is fucking asinine.

---------- Post added 2010-09-05 at 04:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    Is it just me, or are you lost? There's no reason for rational arguments in a thread posing fantasy realities. I wouldn't want Demonology turned into a tanking tree for more than a week.
    Never once did I say I wanted to change the Demonology tree. That's why I introduced the idea as a glyph. Never once did I say Blizzard should implement this.

You people are dull.
    Last edited by Gnarwhale001; 2010-09-05 at 04:52 AM.

Your idea of something fun is not anything new.
    It has been discussed to death and beyond already, so you are offering nothing original to the idea.
    If anything your rehashing of things said and dismissed dozens of times before is dull, not us correctly stating what should be obvious, which from the replies in this thread is obviously not.
    It is introduced as a serious idea which is all of a sudden "just for fun" when we sucessfully argue against it.
    We are not the ones who are repeatedly regurgitating the same idea time and time again, so we are not the annoying ones.

You claim there is no reason for rational arguements, yet then proceed to present your own in flaming everyone who provided a valid arguement.
    You are the one who needs to truly grow up and get your head out of the sand, or wherever it is currently stuck.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-09-05 at 05:17 AM.

"Prime glyphs aren't going to be exciting in a "change up your rotation" style. We want primes to be unambiguous dps (etc.) increases so we figured they might as well be easy to understand rather than something so convoluted that everyone would just go to a fansite to see which 3 to pick.

The majors are more interesting, because they are either not dps increases at all, or dps increases in ways that are tricky to math out. We think players will debate and geek out more about which majors to use, and with the new glyph design, swapping them out once in awhile isn't very painful.

Minors are basically convenience or fun.

We don't want glyphs to change rotations. We feel that was a mistake in LK. Talents should affect your rotations, and glyphs should just provide a little bit of customization and power. We fixed some class problems with glyphs in LK, which was an easy solution to do at the time, but now is the time to undo all of that and let the classes stand on their own without the glyphs."

Blizzard stated that they don't want glyphs to change rotations, I doubt they would implement a glyph that would change the entire spec.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarwhale001 View Post
    Someones being a tad belligerent, did you even read my post? Im well aware of what metamorphosis is supposed to be.
    This is a fantasy situation.

---------- Post added 2010-09-05 at 04:48 AM ----------

Why don't you get the hint and grow up? Nobody here is actually LOOKING to make Warlocks into tanks? This is an IDEA. It is for FUN.
    Hot damn you're annoying.
    We all know what Demonology's purpose is, the amount of balls you have to come in here and assume otherwise is fucking asinine.

---------- Post added 2010-09-05 at 04:49 AM ----------

Is it just me, or are you lost? There's no reason for rational arguments in a thread posing fantasy realities. I wouldn't want Demonology turned into a tanking tree for more than a week.
    Never once did I say I wanted to change the Demonology tree. That's why I introduced the idea as a glyph. Never once did I say Blizzard should implement this.

You people are dull.
    Basically your fantasy reality is tanking in demo? As soon as you try to embellish it (e.g. increase threat by 50% or something) then you open it up to rational discussion. Otherwise you're basically putting forward a tautology, at which point there's no purpose in making a thread for input.

edit: grammar

Deleted
    I personally hate the idea of permanent demon form.

They would have to nerf it so bad. I don't want my ultimate form being some downwatered visual effect. I want to kick some serious ass when I reach it.