Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I actually wish the Imp thing was a cauterize that got rid of Bleed effects (and they could give a healer or two it so Warlocks won't be forced to Imp in raids where bleeds exist).

Since Bleeds are the one category of debuff with only a level 40-some trinket and single racial to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel View Post
    I actually wish the Imp thing was a cauterize that got rid of Bleed effects (and they could give a healer or two it so Warlocks won't be forced to Imp in raids where bleeds exist).

Since Bleeds are the one category of debuff with only a level 40-some trinket and single racial to get rid of them.
    What raids have bleed effects?

My biggest fear with this crap is they might neutralize Felhunter and we will be left with nothing.

Sometimes, it's OK to have one pvp pet than not having one at all. And with the direction they are going, they are slowly making that. We are not balanced with switching pets like warriors switching stances.

They want other pets to present in pvp too? Why not buff them to the level of Felhunter rather than nerfing it to make others more attractive? That's stupid and bad design. I could think a million ways to buff the Imp, Succy and Voidwalker to make them attractive choices without touching the fh. Give the void a disarm, etc. Imp just needs to give its self dispel back. As of now, it doesn't have any purpose in PvP and FH just gotten nerfed.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2010-09-05 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because with a Spell Lock and Dispel, the FH is still the obvious choice. Only by buffing one of the others to do something better than that would you change; at which point that pet becomes the obvious choice, and you just end up in the same position, different pet. By mixing the abilities up, they hope that wont end up happening.

As I say, it does look like they are trying to find something to give us in return, but that 'something', just seems to be making us OP.

We're supposed to use different pets vs different enemies. Void vs ppl that cant dispel and doesnt use spells. Felhunter against casters. Splitting the anti magic stuff into two pets is just insanely stupid.

In a battleground, you will not have the luxery of switching pets everytime you run across somone different.

If they want to make other pets more attractive to the pvp, find a way to improve the pet with down-grading another, or make pets trainable with maybe 6 choices for pvp use of which you can choose 4. 10 second shield which prevents stuns/silences (not sure of cool down), friendly dispel, dispel, silence, pushback, stun. It could be something else. Doesn't matter.

They want us to make choices. Make the choices count. Make us choose between CC, survivability, etc).

There is still no choice. Most affl will still go felhound, demo will go felguard and destro will more than likely go succubus or felhound.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    I wouldn't mind know why the felhunter's dispel was nerfed, yet spriests get to keep their dispel that was at least as powerful as ours (note the fact that we could dispel things like HoJ off ourselves made our dispel much more valuable than a normal 8 sec cd dispel). GC didn't even say it was meant as a nerf to the class as a whole, just that we should use other pets. Sure, mix our dispel up, but if they don't want to nerf the class, they need to actually give us something in return.
    Because Dispels are having their mana cost increased so it is supposed to be a choice if you want to waste the mana or not, which wouldn't matter for you because it's your pets mana, combined with the fact that the Shadow Priest needs to give up GCDs to dispel things while you don't, and your pet can use Dispel Magic while you are CCd while the Shadow Priest can't?

Pick one of those.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Because Dispels are having their mana cost increased so it is supposed to be a choice if you want to waste the mana or not, which wouldn't matter for you because it's your pets mana, combined with the fact that the Shadow Priest needs to give up GCDs to dispel things while you don't, and your pet can use Dispel Magic while you are CCd while the Shadow Priest can't?

Pick one of those.
    The tradeoff for having pets with utility has always been that you can simply kill the pet. They have also said they want dps casters to generally have enough mana as long as they aren't silly, which negates the other part of your argument.

A single pet with a single opponent in mind is all well and good vs a single opponent, but that simply does not happen in anything but rare circumstances.
    Forcing us into a decision as to which opponent to protect against is not a good design, because that is going to be rare in arena, and none-existent in battlegrounds.
    Other classes if they have both melee and caster counters do not have to give up one or the other should they choose to use one, unfortunatly we do.
    And that is why affliction warlocks work only in arena where they form a synergy with others, with support and that truly sucks that they cannot hold their own truly.

I would rather have the gcd if it meant I would actually keep an option, instead of losing it through being forced to pick between them.

The tradeoff for having pets with utility has always been that you can simply kill the pet. They have also said they want dps casters to generally have enough mana as long as they aren't silly, which negates the other part of your argument.
    Keep in mind that with Shadow Priests your main mana regen ability is also your only real defensive cooldown, so in PVP you will generally need to use it for that as opposed to mana regen, and our other main mana regen tool can be CCd to provide no mana return at all. Of course it will be difficult to discuss the mana cost without some testing at level 85.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I wouldn't mind know why the felhunter's dispel was nerfed, yet spriests get to keep their dispel that was at least as powerful as ours (note the fact that we could dispel things like HoJ off ourselves made our dispel much more valuable than a normal 8 sec cd dispel). GC didn't even say it was meant as a nerf to the class as a whole, just that we should use other pets. Sure, mix our dispel up, but if they don't want to nerf the class, they need to actually give us something in return.
    Seeing as how the theme for dispels is that every healer has it but it more expensive so you can't just dispel all the time, a warlock pet that gains mana so fast that you can take its mana to replace lifetap with dark pact, is kind of contrary to that usage. I mean if a lock could offer 40 dispels in the new "slower" paced games they want while keeping the healer that has a dispel out of cc that is a huge mana advantage, while at the same time with less buffs all around making it easier for it to grab something important offensively, such as innervate. I'm not sure why spriests still have dispel though seeing as how they want dps to not be constrained by mana.

Deleted
    there...this...every QQ thread is based on this. this is beta. they are entitled to do whatever they feel like with ur class. they can very well leave u with a 2minCD coil and strip u of all the CC if they decide. All u can do is provide feedback(prob on official forums, not here) but u do not say blizzard owes u something cuz they took something from ur class away and they need to make up for it.

Now even tho i don't see any reason to even discuss a mostly pvp matter since beta just got to 85 i think and they will do as always - attmpt to ballance pvp for lvl85 only. they said a million times numbers are not tweaked yet. So without a real idea of HP pools and damage cuz they just are not there yet u can't really talk pvp. they upped the cast time on CC so they can be interrupted easily so i'm guessing teh grand idea would be to reduce CC and make it more tactical and in that time reduce the escape routes from it since if it's going to be harder to CC when u do it should count.

Even further on the matter i like they are trying to make imp something for pvp. Didn't fel Domination became besline? or it was just soul link? u still have enough tools imo and it is far from done yet. I actually doubt it will be ballanced even when they launch cuz of all the things they changed but who knows, might make it right this time

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankspace View Post
    there...this...every QQ thread is based on this. this is beta. they are entitled to do whatever they feel like with ur class. they can very well leave u with a 2minCD coil and strip u of all the CC if they decide. All u can do is provide feedback(prob on official forums, not here) but u do not say blizzard owes u something cuz they took something from ur class away and they need to make up for it.

Now even tho i don't see any reason to even discuss a mostly pvp matter since beta just got to 85 i think and they will do as always - attmpt to ballance pvp for lvl85 only. they said a million times numbers are not tweaked yet. So without a real idea of HP pools and damage cuz they just are not there yet u can't really talk pvp. they upped the cast time on CC so they can be interrupted easily so i'm guessing teh grand idea would be to reduce CC and make it more tactical and in that time reduce the escape routes from it since if it's going to be harder to CC when u do it should count.

Even further on the matter i like they are trying to make imp something for pvp. Didn't fel Domination became besline? or it was just soul link? u still have enough tools imo and it is far from done yet. I actually doubt it will be ballanced even when they launch cuz of all the things they changed but who knows, might make it right this time
    The stated reason we lost our defensive dispel from the FH was due to blizzard wanting us to mix our pets up. At no point in GC's post did he say they wanted to tone down warlocks in pvp. Thus simple logic says that because they are taking something from us, they have to give something to us if they don't want to nerf us. Also, the only QQ in my post would be at spriest's dispel, which I have yet to find sufficiently justified in terms of the new cata mechanics.

Maybe if you took the time to actually read my post rather than instantly dismissing it, you may have realized it was more of an exercise in logic, rather than a comment on the effects of shifting our dispels around.

Deleted
    Adynn i read ur post and i took a single (bolded mind u) sentence as an example to what i think ppl base their QQ on and i never said ur post was one Perhaps u shouldn't accept that just cuz i used a quote from u mean all i say i directed at u....cuz pretty much none of it is

And this one is for u: Ur logic stands only in warlock PoV - if they go on and remove more abilities as this one it would be more of a ballance and not a nerf to just warlocks, and even if it turns to be so they have every right to buff/nerf regardless if we like or not