Thread: New Boss Idea

New Boss Idea

Alright. so i had an idea for a boss mechanic that would make communication essential.

This mechanic will probably never be implemented, however, i think its a pretty cool idea.

What would happen is every 15 seconds (faster in 25man) the boss would purge a helpful Buff off of a random player, if there was no buff, the boss would do a very significant amount of damage, if not kill them.
    Now the way they could make this work is give it a soft enrage where after the boss steals a certain buff from you, that specific buff wont be stolen again. So once the boss ran out of buffs to steal, the raid would die.

This is obviously a semi-difficult mechanic to implement simply because of the coding to remember who has had what taken off when, but if something similar to a buff stealing boss was put in, i think it would be a pretty challenging fight.

any ideas from you guys? (or improvements on the original idea)

We need a manbearpig boss.
    The spirit of the alliance will never die even when all is lost

Eh, you would have to make some major changes going from 10 - 25. I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants to manage the fights being around the same mechanic on both 10 & 25. Only fight that really was that different in WotLK, was Halion where you didn't get adds on Heroics. Tbh, I would feel that the fight would be extremely short & boring, but a fast DPS race. Garr in MC did dispel buffs, so there was a boss that had similar mechanics. Granted, it didn't have any real side affect other than dispelling and reapplying.

Quote Originally Posted by Longwoodÿ View Post
    Eh, you would have to make some major changes going from 10 - 25. I'm pretty sure Blizzard wants to manage the fights being around the same mechanic on both 10 & 25. Only fight that really was that different in WotLK, was Halion where you didn't get adds on Heroics. Tbh, I would feel that the fight would be extremely short & boring, but a fast DPS race. Garr in MC did dispel buffs, so there was a boss that had similar mechanics. Granted, it didn't have any real side affect other than dispelling and reapplying.
    There were plenty of bosses in wotlk where 25m bosses had more mechanics to watch for. Just off the top of my head, Vezax HM, Yogg 0/1/2/3 25, PP HM...I'd do a detailed list but you get the idea. In catalcysm they're looking to normalize difficulty on 10 and 25, not just have the same mechanics(another discussion....lol).

To the OP though, I'm not really a fan. Rebuffing just for the sake of rebuffing, even if it's for the fight's success, isn't fun.