Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nezahna View Post
    Does it works as a spell reflect aswell, like reflecting, say lava burst back on shaman?
    No, the Shaman casts Lava Burst and then you get to cast Lava Burst as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAngryTalbuk View Post
    Can you copy druid forms?!
    I tried this with a DK, didn't work. Would've been hilarious to see a DK in bear form though

even if the pet copying make it to live no one in there right mind whould summon a pet with Dark Simulacrum debuff on them un less it was a firendly duel

lol forget the power of mageshamadins there is a new badboy in town the deathpreistmagelockknight
    Me and... what army? Bwahahaha....just you wait and ....see!!!
    *I can't cast that yet* ... once it's off CD ...=_='

Before you get all exited and getting funy feelings inside:

copying shadow form: block any runes useage and you cannot dc or anything. It is just for fun, you are sitting there but cannot do ANYTHING. So 20% of zero damage is , you guessed it ZERO damage.

For all pets copying: this is getting removed. And currently no pet requiring a specific talent can be copied: ie frost elemental, felguard is copied but disapear quickly because there is a talent check etc.. On live all pet copying will go.

Things like mage copy will stay, there are not controllable pets. All others mana spells will stay.

Chill out.

anyone know if u can use this on a friendly target. ie like copying a pally in ur raids' wings? otherwise it would seem to have next to no pve application

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    anyone know if u can use this on a friendly target. ie like copying a pally in ur raids' wings? otherwise it would seem to have next to no pve application
    I believe it only works on enemy targets.

Whoah this will definitely be the most OP and coolest ability in Cata. Warlocks only get shitty super boring new spells.

best thing for pve is that you can copy warlocks soulstone, so you get two instead of one, but this will probably also not make it to live.
    and shaman weapon enchants also work, so maybe that is good too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomnivous View Post
    May I be the first one to say it, but AWESOME DKs able to steal shadowform (which lasts until cancelled might I add) is pretty crazy. 15% less damage taken and 30% less threat and 20% more shadow damage just PERFECT boost to a dks strikes and diseases. Well in cataclysm I am totally going to make sure I duel a shadow preist before every raid ;D
    Sorry to pop your bubble but DK DS shadowform steal will have a CD>. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    Sorry to pop your bubble but DK DS shadowform steal will have a CD>. :P
    And to burst the last dying remains of the bubble, as someone pointed out in this thread in shadowform you can't use runes. or any ability for that matter.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    And to burst the last dying remains of the bubble, as someone pointed out in this thread in shadowform you can't use runes. or any ability for that matter.
    Since they're allowing it to stay in, they will most likely fix that. I expect it to last like 30 seconds or something, but let's face it, it won't be very useful in pvp all that much because it would require you to actually get to the shadowpriest before he's in shadowform.

As has been said, they'll obviously do their best to make sure nothing stupidly OP can be done with the spell, but the concept is very cool. I'm looking forward to giving it a try as soon as I get my DK to 85 in beta. I'm sure there'll be lots of surprising and intriguing ways to make use of it.
    Originally Posted by Tigole
    I'm not so sure endgame players would like the face of the game if everyone had instant access to all of the content. There is something to be said for progression and the sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, we have to be careful not to create a brick wall for new people, but I think there is a balance to be struck here.

Hehe imagine this:

You as an unholy dk, pet stun -> DS on a mage. If he got trinket and IB on CD, he must either endure full dmg in that stun or blink. If he blinks, you can just blink after him haha.
    De dikke dwerg

The warlock pet disappearing upon mounting is actually what they do for warlocks also, just they will not summon again unlike ours.
    With the potential for some horribly broken effects with that, it will certainly be interesting to see how it plays out, with that mirror images looking particularly amusing, and being really the first thing in a long time which might have me dust off the dk I never bothered playing beyond 61.

You will be able to copy selected boss or trash abilities, so giving it some pve utilility, just like with some player abilities being potentially toned down through that effect, then similar would need to apply there also.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-09-05 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Since they're allowing it to stay in, they will most likely fix that. I expect it to last like 30 seconds or something, but let's face it, it won't be very useful in pvp all that much because it would require you to actually get to the shadowpriest before he's in shadowform.
    Re-read. GC says it might stay, DS is a work in progress, Shadowform might, and it might not stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Re-read. GC says it might stay, DS is a work in progress, Shadowform might, and it might not stay.
    No offense, but on my Shadow Priest, if I see a Death Knight use this then the next spell I cast for him to copy is going to be Mind Vision or Mind Soothe :P
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    It's probably okay to copy Shadowform, but Shadowform itself has no duration and the DK version needs to.
    Sure kinda sounds like they plan on allowing it to stay. And I was just pointing out that if it does stay, I highly doubt they'll make it so it breaks your DK and makes you unable to do anything.

woah! imagine 2x mindvison ... that would screw my brain up quite a bit
    Me and... what army? Bwahahaha....just you wait and ....see!!!
    *I can't cast that yet* ... once it's off CD ...=_='

Copying Gluths Decimate would be pretty damn awesome I guess....