Revised Profession Plan...What you think.

My goal, is 4 max toons at 85. 2 each faction. I will take my time for sure. I will list the professions that I have currently...

Alliance Priest - 450 Alchemy / JC
    Alliance Pally - 450 Enchanting / JC

Horde Shaman - 450 Alchemy / JC
    Horde Druid - 450 Enchanting / ?

Is it dumb to have this many of the same professions? I find that JC and alchemy obviously make me the most cash, teamed with enchanting. what should i go for, on my druids spare profession?

Deleted
    Get Herbalism for alchemy, minning for Jewelcrafting, will be expensive as hell otherwise.

this subject is one of opinion, you can say you must have jc and enchanting so you have the best stats for raiding. while people like myself dont care if you have two totally messed up professions, just as long as we make lots of gold off you while your leveling them. Lets face it, professions should be about having fun, not about all the great stats you get with them. If blizz wants people to level different characters make it so the profession enchants are BoA items, then i dont have to hear people say i have to have enchanting and jewelcrafting.

Inscription would be nice, if you want to expand to another market. It may require lots of time to set up though, due to all the Researches you need over time, and the long time it takes to craft dozens of glyphs.

Or you could take Blacksmithing or Tailoring. Those two have quite a few popular recipes like Bags that sell like hot cakes. It's really up to you and how much time you're willing to spend.
    Too Greedy - my blog about WoW and Gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Inscription would be nice, if you want to expand to another market. It may require lots of time to set up though, due to all the Researches you need over time, and the long time it takes to craft dozens of glyphs.
    With cata, scribes making and selling glyphs as they do currently will surely be a thing of the past - their specalisation will lie in other areas such as offhands, darkmoon cards and other items.

I think that you need to NOT double up on professions. sure you might get a extra daily Jc "proc" but that short term profit will be lost in the long term when you are forced to buy ore. IMO Change JC on your Ally Pally (C wut i did thar) to a gathering profession (Pref mining). this way you have raw mats coming in and saving you a TON - also Pally with crusader +310 mount = very effecient farming.

Though tbh - if you were me, I would focus on one faction and create an EMPIRE and CONTROL THE MARKET. if you have the time to invest and max each of the major professions (mining, BS, Herb, Alch, Ins) you are looking at one hell of a way to make some gold.

Tl;DR - consolidate your toons on one faction and rake it in.
    Last edited by Rukah; 2010-09-09 at 02:41 AM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gathering professions aren't free. Time is worth money, and often time spent gathering is more expensive than time and gold spent buying materials. Especially when you're in it to make as much gold per hour as possible.

mining always work, will be good to start of with early on in the expansion when everyone wanna lvl bs, jc

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Gathering professions aren't free. Time is worth money, and often time spent gathering is more expensive than time and gold spent buying materials. Especially when you're in it to make as much gold per hour as possible.
    This x1000.

One of the biggest misconceptions is how much gold you "save" by gathering your own materials. The Goblins say it best. "Time is money friend."

I have 9 alchemists. 7 transmute spec, one pot, and one elixir. Ill be making money all expansion with them. Transmuting gems, and this mysterious new alchemy made item that is required for most high level professions. Sounds like a new Primal Might, we will see.